Sign in to follow this  
Herbivore

True North Brewery

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/local-news/2024/04/05/man-charged-in-accidental-shooting-at-ipswich-brewery/%3famp=1

@edjr and other massholes, you hear about this? Some parts that were left out..It wasn't near the building, it was inside in the dining room. The juvenile was a toddler, the casing hit him in the forehead. By injuring himself, they mean, he shot the tip of his own gun off. 

Yes....saw it the other day. No real details about the accidental discharge but he certainly didn't have a non resident LTC. I will stop & have lunch someplace & a beer even if I'm carrying....but if drinking is the destination,  I don't carry. Hard to explain a discharge like that but he has to be an idiot for carrying in one of the stricter states.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Yes....saw it the other day. No real details about the accidental discharge but he certainly didn't have a non resident LTC. I will stop & have lunch someplace & a beer even if I'm carrying....but if drinking is the destination,  I don't carry. Hard to explain a discharge like that but he has to be an idiot for carrying in one of the stricter states.

I believe he had it in sweatpants, slide down when he stood up, he grabbed at it, caught the trigger. I have been there a few times. Friends weren't but are typically there at that time.

Didn’t that happen to a football player in a restaurant? 

Cash bail set at $500 for man accused of accidental shooting

March 29, 2024
ipswich district court cases heard Ipswich District Court is housed in the complex in Newburyport (file photo).

IPSWICH — The man accused of accidentally discharging a weapon, injuring himself and two others, including a child, has had bail set at $500 while he awaits trial.

Donald Terenzoni, 35, of 98 South Main Street in Newton, N.H., is charged with

• Carrying a loaded firearm without a license
  • Carrying a firearm without a license
  • Discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building
  • Possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card
  • Assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (three counts).

At his arraignment on Friday morning in Ipswich District Court, Terenzoni wore a dark suit and walked with no apparent injury.

Bail was set by Judge Peter Doyle. He ordered Terenzoni not to possess firearms or dangerous weapons and to stay away from the victims and True North Ale Company, where the discharge happened.

The Essex County District Attorney’s office initially asked for $2,500 cash bail. However, Terenzoni’s attorney, Robert D’Uaria, successfully argued for a reduction.

He said Terentoni, who entered a plea of innocent, is originally from Peabody and has lived in Newton, N.H., for the last seven years.

He said the defendant has four young children and works at a construction company in Salisbury.

“He looks forward to defending these charges in court. He has some very viable defenses,” D’Uaria said.

After the arraignment, Terenzoni went downstairs from the courtroom to post bail at the cashier’s office.

No safety

Police accounts of the incident alleged Terenzoni went into the brewery on March 29 with a Glock Model 43 pistol.

The weapon is described as subcompact and “ultra-concealable” by one gun-sales website.

“Glock firearms do not have an external safety mechanism,” Detective Edward Gallivan wrote in his complaint.

According to police, the 9mm pistol went off at around 5:15 p.m. Police said the bullet grazed his and struck the cement floor, where it broke into pieces.

One piece of shrapnel allegedly hit a girl on the forehead and left a bullet fragment partially protruding, police said. She was taken to the hospital, where she needed Steri-Strips to close the wound, police said.

Some shrapnel reportedly hit a woman in the back of the leg, another in the foot, and pieces also tore holes in a man’s jacket, police said. None of those customers were hospitalized, police said.

Belt clip

Terenzoni “secured the firearm to his belt using a belt-clip holster,” Gallivan said. The holster is reportedly an after-market modification that “does not protect the trigger of the firearm,” he said.

Gallivan said Terenzoni told police the modification was already on the holster when he bought it in Plaistow, N.H.

Terenzoni told police he wanted to put the gun in his vehicle. While leaning over to retrieve the keys, “the gun just went off,” the detective’s report said.

He told police he removed the magazine and made the gun safe, put it on the floor, and went to the bathroom, police said.

One witness described Terezoni “standing up and wobbling to the bathroom, and his face was completely white,” :lol: Officer Beau Gauthier’s report said.

One of the first officers on scene said Terenzoni told him the shot “was accidental and that he did not mean to.”

“He then stood up and showed me his injuries, which was a flesh wound to his ,” the officer’s complaint said.

“The wound was not bleeding heavily at this time, and the bleeding appeared to be controlled,” the complaint said.

Friday night

Gallivan said he received a phone call at 10 p.m. on Friday from Terenzoni, who had just been released from hospital.

Terenzoni agreed to come to the police station that evening to speak with police, Gallivan said.

Police said they wanted to know if Terenzoni had a license to carry (LTC). “I asked if his LTC was active. He stated that yes, it should be,” Gallivan’s complaint said.

However, police alleged Terenzoni had a Massachusetts LTC at one point but that it had expired on March 10, 2019.

Gallivan said he also asked True Nort’sh owner, Gary Rogers, if Terenzoni had permission to fire a weapon. “He stated no, Terenzoni did not have permission to fire a firearm,” his complaint said.

Terenzoni’s next court appearance, a pretrial hearing, is set for May 13.

Not the smartest decision 

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Never been there, but I had one of their beers at a restaurant in Seabrook in December. Good stuff :thumbsup:

Nice brewery 👍 They have a BBQ truck there...good beer. Another brewery, Ipswich Ale is 5 minutes up the road. Pipe Dream in Londonderry, behind Manchester Airport is awesome!!

2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Not the smartest decision 

No it wasn't. First off, I know the clip he had....it actually installs on the gun. It provides ZERO coverage of the trigger....on a gun without a safety, that's just stoooopid. I moved from MA to NH for a while & immediately got a non resident permit. This guy just mad bad decision after bad decision & is not a responsible gun owner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbivore said:

I believe he had it in sweatpants, slide down when he stood up, he grabbed at it, caught the trigger. I have been there a few times. Friends weren't but are typically there at that time.

You should never carry in a way that it's possible for that to happen. If you need, I could give you solid options for just about any carry situation.