Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Jury is excused for the day, returning Monday at 9:30 AM EST with Michael Cohen still on the witness stand)

13 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

No clue what you're even trying to say here boyo.

Please explain how someone who was Trump's acknowledged right hand man for well over a decade and the person who orchestrated the whole fraud on the election is bad for the prosecution?

He’s been convicted of perjury? More than once ? Ask nice and I’ll explain the difference between a witness for the prosecution and one for the defense. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s been convicted of perjury? More than once ? Ask nice and I’ll explain the difference between a witness for the prosecution and one for the defense. 

He has records boyo.  And BFG he's been convicted of perjury.  That happened when he was trying to still stay in Trump's good graces.

Facts not feelz boyo.

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

Michael Avenatti:

“There’s no question [the trial] is politically motivated because they’re concerned that he may be reelected. If the defendant was anyone other than Donald Trump, this case would not have been brought at this time." 

"for the government to attempt to bring this case and convict him in an effort to prevent tens of millions of people from voting for him, I think it’s just flat out wrong, and atrocious."

“I’m really bothered by the fact that Trump, in my view, has been targeted. Four cases is just over the top and I think there’s a significant chance that this is going to all backfire and is going to propel him to the White House.”

Avenatti has been thoroughly discredited. And mostly by your side :lol: :doh:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Avenatti has been thoroughly discredited. And mostly by your side :lol: :doh:

Michael Cohen has been discredited by the courts, more than once. That doesn’t seem to bother you. But you still have Stormy. And what do you care? We all know the outcome. You don’t even care that the judge in this case donated to a group called “stop republicans”. I guess if you were counsel for the defense you wouldn’t bring that up. 

48 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. Michael Cohen is the star witness for the prosecution. You need to up your dosage. Consult with your health care provider.  

Now here’s something we agree on.

Except I don’t think cohens testimony will matter much, if at all, on its own. The issue is the paper trail. If it’s there that damns trump regardless of whether cohen has any credibility at all as a witness (and he shouldn’t) 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Michael Cohen has been discredited by the courts, more than once. That doesn’t seem to bother you. But you still have Stormy. And what do you care? We all know the outcome. You don’t even care that the judge in this case donated to a group called “stop republicans”. I guess if you were counsel for the defense you wouldn’t bring that up. 

Yeah like I said, this case will be won or lost by the paper trail. I wish cohen didn’t have to testify at all but they probably need him merely to authenticate some documents 

Yeah like I said, this case will be won or lost by the paper trail. I wish cohen didn’t have to testify at all but they probably need him merely to authenticate some documents 

So you think there will be proof besides Cohens testimony that Trump told him to pay her off and use campaign funds? 

Cohen will be fine. When his past crimes are pointed out, all he needs to do is point out that they were all committed in Trump’s behalf. Cohen is like the mob guy testifying against the Don. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think there will be proof besides Cohens testimony that Trump told him to pay her off and use campaign funds? 

Don’t you? Have you been paying attention to this trial? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Actually one dude gets news from "Truth" Social.  So we know he's a cultist and will likely hang the jury.

So many more weeks of this circus.

Good.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Cohen will be fine. When his past crimes are pointed out, all he needs to do is point out that they were all committed in Trump’s behalf. Cohen is like the mob guy testifying against the Don. 

Exactly this.  Why do cultist not understand how flipped witnesses are critical to the prosecutation?

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

What past crimes? 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

As I understand there are audio recordings and testimony of several others, plus a jury can rely on circumstantial evidence and draw inferences. I think it’s a pretty strong case even with cohen’s substantial credibility issues, but I suppose we’ll find out

12 hours ago, jonmx said:

You are so ignorant.  If you sell your soul to them, and promise not to expose their corruption, you get a free pass.  You could gang rape children and the elitist establishment will cover for you as long as you play ball.

Trump isn’t the first politician to get busted for shady business practices and sexual assault pal. He’s just the one who’s convinced you that his garden variety grifting and general scumbaggery is a virtue. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

As I understand there are audio recordings and testimony of several others, plus a jury can rely on circumstantial evidence and draw inferences. I think it’s a pretty strong case even with cohen’s substantial credibility issues, but I suppose we’ll find out

I didn’t hear anything about recordings but if they had them I would think this would have seen a courtroom by now.  But yeah, we’ll see. But this judge is an absolute disgrace. Just like the one before. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But this judge is an absolute disgrace. Just like the one before. 

Trump says this too: the exact same wording in fact. What has this judge done that is disgraceful? 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump says this too: the exact same wording in fact. What has this judge done that is disgraceful? 

He has obvious and clear conflicts of interest yet refused to step aside. Plus Fockin with him about his kids graduation.  

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump says this too: the exact same wording in fact. 

Trump has said the same thing about the prosecutors and/or judges in every case against him for years. Incredibly some people still believe the whole world is aligned against poor sweet Donald. 😂 

47 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump isn’t the first politician to get busted for shady business practices and sexual assault pal. He’s just the one who’s convinced you that his garden variety grifting and general scumbaggery is a virtue. 

BTW, Trump was not busted for sexual assault.  When the FBI comes down on a high profile politician there is always a reason.  The New York and Georgia trials are all a complete joke which for crimes which no other has ever been prosecutor for nor ever will.  They are made up crimes based on ridiculous stretches of law which were intended for completely different purposes.   Only an absolute idiot would put any legitimacy in any of the current trials.  

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He has obvious and clear conflicts of interest yet refused to step aside. Plus Fockin with him about his kids graduation.  

He didn't say that Trump could not attend the graduation, he said that would be determined in the future by the court calendar.

Plus, at this point in time, the court is scheduled to have the day off that Barron's graduation falls on.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

He didn't say that Trump could not attend the graduation, he said that would be determined in the future by the court calendar.

Plus, at this point in time, the court is scheduled to have the day off that Barron's graduation falls on.

I said Fockin with him about it. The answer should have been yes. No conditions or thinking about it. Be good if you bottom feeders could read what it is said. 

35 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

An extensive gag order on Trump during a presidential election while the same folks have free reign to say they want Trump hanged.  If a gag order is so important, it has to be on  both sides.  You are too effing biased to see the things said by the other side are worst than anything Trump said.  We have a two tired system of justice which is no better than Putin's Russia and thst is no hyperbole.  The left has given up any respect for equal treatment and free speech.  Two items I would absolutely fight to the death for.  But the left is like, meh, it's just conservstives.  Put them on trains..fuk you. 

And that is just one.  This case should be dismissed because the prosecution has not identified the actual crime this charge is associated with.  The judge should recuse himself for having a daughter collecting $93 million for a campaign around having Trump convicted.  The judge is a joke. 

8 minutes ago, jonmx said:

BTW, Trump was not busted for sexual assault.  When the FBI comes down on a high profile politician there is always a reason.  The New York and Georgia trials are all a complete joke which for crimes which no other has ever been prosecutor for nor ever will.  They are made up crimes based on ridiculous stretches of law which were intended for completely different purposes.   Only an absolute idiot would put any legitimacy in any of the current trials.  

They’re all against him … Poor Don!

Unluckiest billionaire ever. 😢 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

They’re all against him … Poor Don!

Unluckiest billionaire ever. 😢 

They are.  Soros funded most of these bastards to go after Trump.  This is not justice.   This is an absurd abuse of the Justice system that you would expect in Nazi Germany, not the US.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said Fockin with him about it. The answer should have been yes. No conditions or thinking about it. Be good if you bottom feeders could read what it is said. 

Fun Fact:

Most criminal defendants are not given the day off during their trial to attend a family event (the only exception I have seen has been in the case of a funeral). 

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Fun Fact:

Most criminal defendants are not given the day off during their trial to attend a family event (the only exception I have seen has been in the case of a funeral). 

Then just say no. Don’t Fock with him about it. Still can’t read you bottom feeder. 

6 minutes ago, jonmx said:

They are.  Soros funded most of these bastards to go after Trump.  This is not justice.   This is an absurd abuse of the Justice system that you would expect in Nazi Germany, not the US.  

How dare they go after a billionaire grifter for sticking his unwrapped pud into some hore and writing the bush money off as legal fees?

It’s the type of thing Hitler did. 😢 

45 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump has said the same thing about the prosecutors and/or judges in every case against him for years. Incredibly some people still believe the whole world is aligned against poor sweet Donald. 😂 

It’s pretty pathetic at this point.

Once or twice? Sure it could happen.

Every single time in every single forum possible (election, debates, media, trials, etc etc) for nearly a decade? Only the biggest rube in the world would believe that :doh: 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then just say no. Don’t Fock with him about it. Still can’t read you bottom feeder. 

He didn't say no. He left it to be determined as they approach that date. If he was effing with him about it, he would have said flat out "NO" (which Trump erroneously claims he did).

42 minutes ago, jonmx said:

An extensive gag order on Trump

You’re right, totally disgraceful. 

Im sure you’ll be able to come up with plenty of examples of defendants in felony trials who are allowed to publicly criticize the judge, witnesses, and family members. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

How dare they go after a billionaire grifter for sticking his unwrapped pud into some hore and writing the bush money off as legal fees?

It’s the type of thing Hitler did. 😢 

Hush money is not illegal and they are not even accusing Trump of tax fraud.  There is no crime.  So yes, it is exactly what Hitler would do, imprison your political opponents for fake crimes. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re right, totally disgraceful. 

Im sure you’ll be able to come up with plenty of examples of defendants in felony trials who are allowed to publicly criticize the judge, witnesses, and family members. 

It is.  Gag orders are for the protection of the defendant so he gets a fair trial.  In fact, it is strictly forbidden to make a gag order which the defendant can not talk about the judge.  This judge is abusing the purpose of a gag order to interfere in the election. 

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Hush money is not illegal and they are not even accusing Trump of tax fraud.  There is no crime.  So yes, it is exactly what Hitler would do, imprison your political opponents for fake crimes. 

No it isn't, it would be considered some sort of non-disclosure agreement. 

What is illegal, as was charged here is falsifying business records involving the hush money payment, which is a misdemeanor crime. The two taken together is being charged as a felony. And the statute of limitations on the falsifying business records is not a problem as if it were, his attorneys would have obtained a summary judgment before the trail began (or when it first started) and the case would have been dismissed. 

Reminder:

In the current criminal trial Trump has been charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree, which allege he illegally tampered with Trump Organization business records to cover up an extramarital affair with adult actress Stormy Daniels.

I mean, why wouldn’t he just put this all behind him, plead guilty (since we all know he is), pay his fine and move on?

You’d think he was up for shooting someone on the street they way he cries and whines. I can’t believe someone would watch his whiny ass press conferences and think, yeah, there’s an alpha.

Whiney Donald… such a loser.

7 minutes ago, jonmx said:

It is. Gag orders are for the protection of the defendant so he gets a fair trial.  In fact, it is strictly forbidden to make a gag order which the defendant can not talk about the judge.  This judge is abusing the purpose of a gag order to interfere in the election. 

Fun Fact: Gag orders can be issued to protect anyone involved in a trial, not just the defendant but also witnesses and members of the court.

And there is no rule that a gag order can only be used to protect the defendant. 

15 minutes ago, squistion said:

No it isn't, it would be considered some sort of non-disclosure agreement. 

What is illegal, as was charged here is falsifying business records involving the hush money payment, which is a misdemeanor crime. The two taken together is being charged as a felony. And the statute of limitations on the falsifying business records is not a problem as if it were, his attorneys would have obtained a summary judgment before the trail began (or when it first started) and the case would have been dismissed. 

Which two are taken together???  You are taking a misdemeanor offense with a one-year statue of limitation, which has long passed us by, and tying to some unknown crime, somehow relating to campaign violations.   If you read New York law, a crime is defined as a offense at the state or local level, so they can't legally even tie it to an imaginary federal crime.   The case is bogus, but their hope is they can tie Trump up through the election before this frivolous is thrown out on appeal.   Stop bootlicking for these bastards.  

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

Fun Fact: Gag orders can be issued to protect anyone involved in a trial, not just the defendant but also witnesses and members of the court.

And there is no rule that a gag order can only be used to protect the defendant. 

Fun Fact:  in order for a gag order to be placed on a defendant, any threat to a witness must be directly linked to the speech of the defendant.  The judge has completely ignored this high bar set by the Supreme Court and accepted the Prosecution's arguement that any threat they see is assumed to be caused by Trump.  The judge refused to follow the law of the land and instead issued this rogue gag order.  

Just now, jonmx said:

Which two are taken together???  You are taking a misdemeanor offense with a one-year statue of limitation, which has long passed us by, and tying to some unknown crime, somehow relating to campaign violations.   If you read New York law, a crime is defined as a offense at the state or local level, so they can't legally even tie it to an imaginary federal crime.   The case is bogus, but their hope is they can tie Trump up through the election before this frivolous is thrown out on appeal.   Stop bootlicking for these bastards.  

If the case is bogus as you contend, then why haven't Trump's attorneys filed a motion of summary judgement, which they would be entitled to and would be granted if your analysis is correct.

Just now, jonmx said:

Fun Fact:  in order for a gag order to be placed on a defendant, any threat to a witness must be directly linked to the speech of the defendant.  The judge has completely ignored this high bar set by the Supreme Court and accepted the Prosecution's arguement that any threat they see is assumed to be caused by Trump.  The judge refused to follow the law of the land and instead issued this rogue gag order.  

Which is pretty easy to prove here. And it doesn't have to be a threat just against a witness, it can also be a thread against members of the court and jurors. 

Just now, squistion said:

If the case is bogus as you contend, then why haven't Trump's attorneys filed a motion of summary judgement, which they would be entitled to and would be granted if your analysis is correct.

They have.  The judge rejected it.  Who knows if the appeals court will even listen to it.  This case absolutely will get thrown out, but no one in the state is going to help.  It may have to make it to the Supreme Court before an adult steps in