Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

What’s your rookie WR board looking like?

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

correction.  forgot about the acquisition of Brown.    this makes his path to starting a lot more murky.

Brown is likely only a 1 year placeholder as hes UFA at the end of this year.

granted, if Worthy Blows the doors off, he will play.  I dont know if its this year though

If Brown can stay healthy, Brown and Rice will be a very good combo. 

13 hours ago, LaChup said:

Can someone explain to me what the Patriots do now that Belicheck is no longer the coach? Are they going to be the same team as always?

Offense will be different with Van Pelt at OC. They are likely to run outside zone schemes.

Defense will probably stay the same.

Mayo is a players coach so the primary difference will be there

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Offense will be different with Van Pelt at OC. They are likely to run outside zone schemes.

Defense will probably stay the same.

Mayo is a players coach so the primary difference will be there

yeah the pats Defense was decent. If I was in charge I wouldnt want to do much in the way of changes there.   the numbers for the D dont look as good but thats a function of the offense not being able to stay on the field.   eventually short fields and all the time spent on the field wears on them and the D gets tired.    An offense that can move the ball and sustain some drives would make all the difference in the world to this team.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

yeah the pats Defense was decent. If I was in charge I wouldnt want to do much in the way of changes there.   the numbers for the D dont look as good but thats a function of the offense not being able to stay on the field.   eventually short fields and all the time spent on the field wears on them and the D gets tired.    An offense that can move the ball and sustain some drives would make all the difference in the world to this team.

I think they’re still a year away offensively. Need receivers and o linemen, drafted both this year but it takes time and they need a blue chipper too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I think they’re still a year away offensively. Need receivers and o linemen, drafted both this year but it takes time and they need a blue chipper too

I fully agree.

I still think it will be better than it was, but at this stage of a retooling there is bound to be some growing pains.   its tough to avoid that.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I'd bet anything that they're in on those Higgins/Deebo or Aiyuk trade conversation as well. 

Especially with a rookie QB contract. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I'd bet anything that they're in on those Higgins/Deebo or Aiyuk trade conversation as well. 

They’ve still got a ton of cap space. I was bummed they missed out on Ridley, not because I think he’s super great, but he might’ve been at least passable as a WR1 and they had the $$

I would agree, Ridley would have been a good move.  

In 12 team non and ppr mocks ive been in, B Thomas Jr of the Jags has been a very good value pick.  

His road to being their wr1 should be easily obtainable, and he should be able to produce, but his ADP right now is a wr5.  Very good value.  

And I've been seeing a lot of mockers taking two TEs in the drafts, and even in their flex slot, I’m not sure it’s just because it’s a mock, or a new trend. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

His road to being their wr1 should be easily obtainable, and he should be able to produce, but his ADP right now is a wr5.  Very good value.  

Here's what concerns me though, Thomas and Gabe Davis are the same player and occupy the same space. I realize that Thomas is the better prospect but they just gave Davis a boatload of money, he's not going anywhere. I don't see Thomas as a great fit there. 

I'm not sure how they fit 

That’s it, Davis isn’t much, no matter what they paid for him, Thomas is the better player, as a very good ADP, should make for a good 4-5 bench wr until needed.  I’m buying that Thomas out produces Davis in ff.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m buying that Thomas out produces Davis in ff.  

I don't doubt that at all. I just see a lot of competition for targets in that offense. At that ADP I'd rather take a shot on Worthy, only because he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. 

7 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I don't doubt that at all. I just see a lot of competition for targets in that offense. At that ADP I'd rather take a shot on Worthy, only because he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. 

If he touches the ball, plus with his adp will be higher than Thomas, I’m simply speaking about late value.  

On 5/2/2024 at 2:55 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

historically the Pats have not gone after free agents.

granted with Bill B gone, its possible that this changes, but my feeling is that the way a team is managed is parltly a reflection of the GM but also partly a reflection of ownership.   sometimes ownership says, we cannot afford to spend to the cap and the GM does his job with the constraints placed on him by ownership.

I suspect as a result there wont be any trades for big money WR's from New England.  They will draft, and develop from within.

That said, there is justification for an exception.   with a rookie QB you do wanna give him someone to throw to.    But I am not sure this is the direction they go in the end.

1. MHJ
  2. Nabers
  3. Odunze
  4. Brian Thomas
  5. Ladd
  6. Pearsall
  7. Leggette
  8. Adonai
  9. Jermaine Burton 😮
  10. Roman Wilson
  11. X. Worthy - too damn small
  12. Keon Coleman
  13. Javon Baker

McConkley should on a list.  Chargers don’t roster any good wr.  

8 hours ago, nobody said:
  1. MHJ
  2. Nabers
  3. Odunze
  4. Brian Thomas
  5. Ladd
  6. Pearsall
  7. Leggette
  8. Adonai
  9. Jermaine Burton 😮
  10. Roman Wilson
  11. X. Worthy - too damn small
  12. Keon Coleman
  13. Javon Baker

Great list. After 3 you can put them in any order IMO. 

- Worthy is skinny, not small as in heigh. Worthy is 5 for me on landing spot alone. 

- Don't love Keon but landing spot has to put him above Wilson & Leggette. 

- Javon Baker is an alpha and going to be a stud. He'd be 8 for me. 

- Roman Wilson and Leggette are at the bottom for me. 

Rice is going to end up in that top 13 somewhere.

Not Rashee. He's going to be in jail if he ain't careful.