Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Now that some of us are finishin' up...

Who did you get that surprised you was still there? Who did someone else steal from you that you wanted? And, any other thoughts...

I really thought I was gonna get Damon in the 1st, Juan Gone in the 2nd, and Benito in the 3rd :(

Hey Ozzie and drob, if I would have frafted Juan Gone first, would one of you taken Damon with one of your first two picks? However, if this would have happenned, then the Mariners would have nabbed Ibanez before I got to him.

Anyone else hurting as far as depth goes? Ive got some decent position players (Sweeney, Beltran, Berroa, Ibanez, Damon) but as far as depth goes there is none. Which I think might hurt trade attempts. I am on the market for a catcher, but I really don't know what I could offer without seriously hurting my team. I've got a buttload of pitchers and still some young royals I have exclusive rights to, but not sure if anyone is all that interested in former royals pitchers :(

So how did you guys do? :confused:

I wanted Shawn Green in the second round...that's why I inquired as well about trades prior to the draft. I think they would have been alot better and then no one would have had reason to ***** if they coulda traded up and got their guy.

Jeff Kent and Kelvim Escobar were being targeted by me. I was suprised Escobar went as quickly as he did...all three guys I wanted in the 2nd round got taken before me.

I also wanted Woody Williams...I had completely forgot that he used to play for the Padres...I was letting him slip a bit to get other guys and paid the price.

i was CERTAIN i was gonna nab damon with one of my first two picks.

and i was sure i could end up with jermaine dye and bobby kielty and ramon hernandez. but i must've been smoking crack.

i underestimated the knowledge of some of you geeks. damb you!

edited to add: i am pretty rich in pitching, and hurting in the outfield...let's hear some offers...

code:
 uh, please 

so basically, I could have had either Damon or Juan Gone. We'll see how that turns out! :(

Vladimir Guererro was obviously the guy I wanted :(

Other than that, I got everyone else on my list (which wasn't much).

Thin Spirit - If you look at who I had to pick from, I had to take Escobar that high in the draft. Also, what's this I see about you wanting to jack off on my employee? eek! If you only knew how hot she (Brown Eyed Girl) really is. banana

edited cuz I read snuffs rant :(

Once the order came out I was dead sure I wasn't getting Schmidt but he was #1 on my list.

I figured I'd get Lopez in 3 or 4 but laxboy there grabbed him in 2 :(

I really wanted Castilla but obviously held out too long. I overthought that the stacked Houston team would go there.

Was surprised I got Dye and Stanton so low the way the depth was running off.

Glad to hear I "stole" hernadez and williams! :(

Becuase I pretty much got raped the rest of the way

Here's who I lost (I figured I would get at least three of the guys on this list):

Brett Boone

Mark Loretta

D'angelo Jimenez (torrid :( )

Ben Davis

Brian Giles

Gary sheffield

Regiie Sanders

Rhondell white

Ryan Klesko

Phil Nevin

I really can't believe I didn't get any of my top outfielders. At least I have enough guys to field a team, I was starting to get a little worried.

hoo boy -

ya' know I was just looking at my complete team and I atually think my fantasy team is worse than the real Padres.

wtf? :confused:

BTW, 75% of my roster is current Padres, can anyone beat that?

I lost a lot of guys. Even if I did get everyone my team was going to be bad but now it's just horrible. Who I missed out on...

Pudge

Alex Sanchez

H. Nomo

M. Redman

David Wells

Jeff Waever

Randell Simon

Carlos Gullen

Robert Fick

I pretty much sh!t myself when Nomo went in the first round. I knew then I was in trouble

Independent George:

hoo boy -

ya' know I was just looking at my complete team and I atually think my fantasy team is worse than the real Padres.

wtf?   :confused:  

I'm sure :(

I have 75% of Seattles current roster. I pretty much have their whole team from last year. This would be better if they did something in '03.

Independent George:

Damn I thought I was higher than I was but it looks like only 57% currently. I still have exclusives that I will probably put on my team at some point after I do some trading.

Independent George:

Sure can...78% headbang

And yours is only 65%

Surprised that Thin Spirit took Clemens at #1 and happy that I could then take Sheff first and grab Green before him in the 2nd round. Wasn't expecting Nomo to go in the first round, so after I drafted my sluggers I was ready to pick Odalis Perez in the 4th, but Guardbum beat me to it. So now I'm just hoping Jeff Weaver and Kaz Ishi get their sh!t together in spring training. I can't afford one of them losing their starter spot to that son of a ***** Lima Time.

Well lets see...

I got screwed out of the following:

1B Cordero

2B Alomar, Jimenez, Harris

SS Valentin

OF Lofton, Everett, Burks,

P Colon, Foulke, K. Wells, Alvarez, Gordon, Koch

I'm sure there was more than that. Actually, I thought I would've been able to get Colon or Foulke in the second round and then I waited too long for Valentin although he's not that big of a loss. I couldn't understand how I missed out on three 2B and one that bats .200 (i.e. Willie Harris.) Here's hoping Aaron Miles wins the starting 2B nod in Colorado and I'll have someone to play at 2B. Other than that I am fine. Ok, maybe not. frown

edjr's selection of Jason Schmidt threw me into disarray. I was so certain that he would take Bonds I was deciding between Schmidt and Giles. I figured I'd only get one of them as the braves and the Pads both had two picks before I got to go again.

I was still undecided when I realized he took Schmidt, but I was leaning towards Giles.

I thought I would be able to get Jason Johnson a round later than he was taken, as well as Wakefield.