18) Orioles, laxboy

...Rodrigo Lopez (P) Baltimore Orioles

19) Angels, Black Clouds

...Jim Edmonds (OF) Saint Louis Cardinals

20) A's, Ozzie1

...Aaron Harang (P) Cincinnati Reds

bump, wtf is going on? :confused:

Noone's picked Pujols yet???

I'll take him since he played for the Potomac Cannons at one point and Potomac, VA is pretty close to B-more.

After Pujols, my next pick will be Rodrigo Lopez.

laxboy05:

I'll take him since he played for the Potomac Cannons at one point and Potomac, VA is pretty close to B-more.

nice try, but they had to have played for your team in the mahors wink

i'll go ahead and give ya lopez though

cmh6476:

laxboy05:

I'll wait for a decision from McBokonon.

I believe the case in the homer league last year was that he either played for an affiliate of your team or played for an affiliate whose home ballpark is closest to your team.

laxboy05:

cmh6476:

laxboy05:

I believe the case in the homer league last year was that he either played for an affiliate of your team or played for an affiliate whose home ballpark is closest to your team.

This has already been discussed and decided. I'll post a message at the league site, which McBokonon checks every now and then. He and I have already talked over there once today. If this were the case, many other players would have been selected already. McBokonon won't be available here until he gets off work today, so I'll post it over there and ask him so we're not holding the show up!

cmh6476:

laxboy05:

cmh6476:

laxboy05:

This has already been discussed and decided. I'll post a message at the league site, which McBokonon checks every now and then. He and I have already talked over there once today. If this were the case, many other players would have been selected already. McBokonon won't be available here until he gets off work today, so I'll post it over there and ask him so we're not holding the show up!
That's a piss-poor job of commissionering you guys did then. The rules basically changed from last year's league, then?

Why weren't those of us who participated last year informed of the rule change regarding players who hadn't played for any major league teams in our league?

you were informed. Everyone outside of you knew this was the case, I'm sure. This had been discussed and it was decided by the league that is how it was going to work. Did you actually draft anyone that never played for your team? :confused:

I'm not the commissioner, I've just helped keep the fraft running here. If you have a problem with the way the rules are you will have to take it up with Commissioner McBokonon and the rest of the league. I just work here.

laxboy05

this is the g0ddamn dumbest rule i've ever heard...i'm glad i didn't play last year, i don't like fantasy sports that involves using municipality maps.

(edited to insert "g0ddamn".)

GuardBum:

there was a league last year   :confused:  

:confused:

I wasn't aware of one!

The rule is the player has to of played for your team in at least 1 major league game. EXCEPTION: Players that signed this year are eligible to draft by the team they signed with I.E. Fernando Vina, Pudge, and Guillen in my case.

This was brought up more then once. And I thought it was clear to all. As far as the rule "changing" this is the first year of this league. The league you played in last year has nothing to do with this one.

laxboy05:

cmh6476:

laxboy05:

cmh6476:

laxboy05:

That's a piss-poor job of commissionering you guys did then. The rules basically changed from last year's league, then?

Why weren't those of us who participated last year informed of the rule change regarding players who hadn't played for any major league teams in our league?

Author Topic: Geek Homer Thread (league full)

McBokonon

FF Geek

Member # 20326

posted 02-20-2004 02:21 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule Update: I failed to take into account players changing teams this offseason. I want to allow these players (such as Vlad Guerrero, A-Rod, etc) to be fair game for their new teams. If you object to this, let me know.

I previously started a thread to see if there would be any interest in starting a Geek Fantasy baseball league with a twist: You could only draft players that are currently or formerly a member of your favorite MLB team. Once the draft is complete, you may make FA acquisitions, but once again you may only pick up waiver-wire guys formerly or currently from your favorite team.

In order to help out the small market schmucks, trades are free. You may make any trade you wish, upon commish approval, regardless of team affiliation.

_

_

_

_

McBokonon made this perfectly clear in his initial thread. Though it was clever of you to try and find a loop hole to obtain one of the best players in the league :rolleyes:

What I find piss-poor is people complaining about those who are running this league. Are they getting paid for it? No! Is there any money at stake if you win? No!

What a crock of shiot. If you thought Pujols was available to you why wouldn't you have drfated him in round 1? I know pujols was on my draft board too, right behing Xavier nady! :rolleyes:

Good try though, I admire your willingness to stretch the rules for your own benefit. :D

Wow, I was a jackass two years ago...I see several instances in this thread where I was lying my ass off to get Pujols hahaha