Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Regarding the Draft and the league......

Really don't know what I can do here. I chose people I knew were always on the bored alot. I had no idea that Drobeski would hang out on the Geek Club all day and check the league bored with all the regularity of a broken clock , I failed to take into account Bunny's bouts with apparent alcoholism (sorry Bunny :( ) or Kutulu going brain dead and refusing to comprehend the meaning of the corner pick. I do consider all 3 good people and I am baffled why it played out like it did... I tried to make a good gesture and just pay for the league this year as I am back in the money and 600 (700 if you count the site fee) is not really a big thing for me - but that was a mistake as it apparently did cause owners to not take it nearly as seriously as in past years.

TO ANYONE THAT WANTS TO QUIT AFTER THIS YEAR - I ask you to please quit right now and I will go to the Main bored and recruit people to take over your team(s). All of you committed for 2 years when you signed on -- please do not play this year just becasue it's free and then just quit that;s bad form to me and bad form to everyone else that did truly commit for 2 years. If many want to quit (more than 2 or 3) then hey you can call this a very painful mock draft and we go our own way --- not what I want to as I really enjoy running this league and obviously don't do it for the money :lol: No hard feelings at all if you indeed plan on quitting after this year then I ask you to please do it now so I can find someone who is committed.

Yes this draft was painful most of all for me as Commish I am the punching bag for all the complaints. Now I take responsibility for a lot of it but all the complaining , pissing and moaning has helped nothing but make it worse.

Help me out here guys - lets put a good vibe back in the league - we started rocky to say the least this year but let's finish strong...

Shane

it is what it is. the only thing that should have been done in hindsight was not rushing to fill the open teams. i know this league likes to draft early but we could have avoided the extremely long pauses by taking our time with recruitment pre draft. i stuck around because i enjoy / have previous playing experience with Moz, BB, Dehaven, and Ski and also enjoy playing with Joc, Gepetto and Megla. Ahill and Hellothere were rarely around anyway. Was sad to see LBH go and Famous seemed like a good guy

i think most of the recruits will be just fine.

the 2 biggest things that will save this league is having those rules finally written (thanks for doing that Moz) and VOTING on league changes. The on the fly rule changes that were automatically set in stone rubbed people the wrong way and were ultimately what drove some guys away. That should all be fixed now.

fock off...I picked fine on the end...go eat a d1ck. :wave:

I will admit you were active man - just failed to comprehend the meaning of the back to back pick. Maybe you thought it was just a fad?

it is what it is. the only thing that should have been done in hindsight was not rushing to fill the open teams. i know this league likes to draft early but we could have avoided the extremely long pauses.

Frozen is good - Kutulu and all his wackyness is actually a really good owner (no clue what happened in the draft though). Thing is I would have still wanted the same people - I mean I had no idea the draft would play out that badly but I still have confidence (at least hopes) they end up being really good owners.

I will admit you were active man - just failed to comprehend the meaning of the back to back pick. Maybe you thought it was just a fad?

nothing to comprehend, dooshnozzle...I picked once I made my mind up and not a second sooner.

Mother

Focking

Free

League

:banana:

nothing to comprehend, dooshnozzle...I picked once I made my mind up and not a second sooner.

Mother

Focking

Free

League

:banana:

Okay sorry man -- you're just mentally slow. I get it and appologize.

this draft is over now right?

lets load up MFL!

Really don't know what I can do here. I chose people I knew were always on the bored alot. I had no idea that Drobeski would hang out on the Geek Club all day and check the league bored with all the regularity of a broken clock , I failed to take into account Bunny's bouts with apparent alcoholism (sorry Bunny :( ) or Kutulu going brain dead and refusing to comprehend the meaning of the corner pick. I do consider all 3 good people and I am baffled why it played out like it did... I tried to make a good gesture and just pay for the league this year as I am back in the money and 600 (700 if you count the site fee) is not really a big thing for me - but that was a mistake as it apparently did cause owners to not take it nearly as seriously as in past years.

TO ANYONE THAT WANTS TO QUIT AFTER THIS YEAR - I ask you to please quit right now and I will go to the Main bored and recruit people to take over your team(s). All of you committed for 2 years when you signed on -- please do not play this year just becasue it's free and then just quit that;s bad form to me and bad form to everyone else that did truly commit for 2 years. If many want to quit (more than 2 or 3) then hey you can call this a very painful mock draft and we go our own way --- not what I want to as I really enjoy running this league and obviously don't do it for the money :lol: No hard feelings at all if you indeed plan on quitting after this year then I ask you to please do it now so I can find someone who is committed.

Yes this draft was painful most of all for me as Commish I am the punching bag for all the complaints. Now I take responsibility for a lot of it but all the complaining , pissing and moaning has helped nothing but make it worse.

Help me out here guys - lets put a good vibe back in the league - we started rocky to say the least this year but let's finish strong...

Shane

im sure u r talkn to and about me cause of my posts today so ill offer a response.

put the pay out money for this yr in a leaguesafe account and set up joc as the steward for pay outs at yrs end. or, send joc a money order w/ the payouts, i could live with that. im not gonna rehash history here, but it would address the major issue i have.

since ur comfortable making demands about committing to a changing and fluid league in future yrs, seems reasonable for u to formalize your committment to the pay outs for this yr.

most of the owners are invested in the league, they post, they draft timely, they draft well, they participate in the league in earnest.

u have any problem w/ my request?

Okay sorry man -- you're just mentally slow. I get it and appologize.

ok, just stop being a d1ckhead.

I think that once the season gets close, all of the new owners will be plenty active. I love you guys, even those of you I hate (makes sense in my head) and I would hate to see this league fail.

Moz is doing a good deed and we all committed to two years. I may be saying this because my team is so much better than the rest, but the league works and it is my favorite one. Let's keep it rolling.

I'm a little disappointed in the change in league payouts as Moz was already going to pay my $100 league before, but am still happy with his generosity. My ff winning just will be half of what they were in the previous year, but what's most important is a fun league and good competition and good guys with witty banter.

I'm a little disappointed in the change in league payouts as Moz was already going to pay my $100 league before, but am still happy with his generosity. My ff winning just will be half of what they were in the previous year, but what's most important is a fun league and good competition and good guys with witty banter.

u touched on one of my pts, which is why i am requesting he do what i asked.

he offered to pay for 3 of our dues, mine included. that's 400, counting his dues.

ill admit, there's part of me that thinks his free league thing is just kicking the can down the road on covering the 3 of us.

it's only generous up until the bill comes.

it's not like there isn't some history here that makes my position unreasonable.

im sure u r talkn to and about me cause of my posts today so ill offer a response.

put the pay out money for this yr in a leaguesafe account and set up joc as the steward for pay outs at yrs end. or, send joc a money order w/ the payouts, i could live with that. im not gonna rehash history here, but it would address the major issue i have.

since ur comfortable making demands about committing to a changing and fluid league in future yrs, seems reasonable for u to formalize your committment to the pay outs for this yr.

most of the owners are invested in the league, they post, they draft timely, they draft well, they participate in the league in earnest.

u must of missed my post, since u responded down stream.

seems like a good compromise to put things behind us.

When people pay into the league it will be league safe. So next year yes it will be. This year I am paying out the winnings. I said that from the start - if you have a problem with it or anyone else does do what you have to do. I won't say anything else on it. If you seriously think I would have gone through all this trouble to just not pay out this year :lol: If you don't trust me as a commish at least for this year (as I said next year when money is paid out everyone will just pay into a leaguesafe account) then do what you have to do.

Dave If you seriously think I am being dishonest here then leave.

Any issues with money can be discussed in private between the people involved. Perhaps because i've never won any money in this particular league :lol: , my focus remains on the structure of the league. Prior to last season, I was close to bowing out simply because of all the flash rule changes.

As i said before I think we are past that, with written rules in place and a voting system for new rules in the future. Hopefully a move to league safe will happen and the new owners will shape up. Yes I was against league safe and i still prefer a reputable commish or appointed treasurer handling the money but the service is solid and if it keeps everyone's mind at ease, there is no reason not to use it.

I think that once the season gets close, all of the new owners will be plenty active. I love you guys, even those of you I hate (makes sense in my head) and I would hate to see this league fail.

Moz is doing a good deed and we all committed to two years. I may be saying this because my team is so much better than the rest, but the league works and it is my favorite one. Let's keep it rolling.

Thanks ... and yeah I know it's likey just becasue you have a good team :(

When people pay into the league it will be league safe. So next year yes it will be. This year I am paying out the winnings. I said that from the start - if you have a problem with it or anyone else does do what you have to do. I won't say anything else on it. If you seriously think I would have gone through all this trouble to just not pay out this year :lol: If you don't trust me as a commish at least for this year (as I said next year when money is paid out everyone will just pay into a leaguesafe account) then do what you have to do.

i sorta figured this is how you'd response.

great way to put my legitimate and well founded concern at ease.

not sure why ur so averse to formally committing to what you said you were gonna do anyways.

very easy to just say leave the league for u.

also Moz, not to take Dehavens side on the issue but if there was any issue with money in the past, it might be a sign of good faith to simply set us up on leaguesafe and deposit the funds for this year as well. im not sure if Leaguesafe makes it possible to "cover" everyone or not.

its very nice of you to foot the bill for this season but when $ is involved, people get skeptical, especially if something happened in the past. So i dont think Dehaven is out of line to question that issue.

i didn't say u were dishonest, i suggested that my legitimate and well founded feelings should be a concern to be addressed.

'do what u have to do'. good god.

also Moz, not to take Dehavens side on the issue but if there was any issue with money in the past, it might be a sign of good faith to simply set us up on leaguesafe and deposit the funds for this year as well. im not sure if Leaguesafe makes it possible to "cover" everyone or not.

its very nice of you to foot the bill for this season but when $ is involved, people get skeptical, especially if something happened in the past. So i dont think Dehaven is out of line to question that issue.

thank you for ur reasonable take.

this isn't just about me, this could impact any of us.

if any of u had won money last yr(not a slam), i think you may feel a little concerned and would consider looking at this situation differently.

delay aside.

i sorta figured this is how you'd response.

great way to put my legitimate and well founded concern at ease.

not sure why ur so averse to formally committing to what you said you were gonna do anyways.

very easy to just say leave the league for u.

I'm not forcing you to do a damn thing. I am saying if you don't trust me why are you here anyway? Hell I would like you to stay even if you are a complete headache - but you are active. But I am not gettign into a pissing match with you -- either you trust me or you don't. Pick which one and move on either staying or going.

WW I respect your thoughts but simply out of principle now I'm not. If I don't pay out at the end of the year everyone quits and I can NEVER visit this bored again unless in shame - and I have been here since 2002. What I can promise is full payout by 2 weeks after the League title game. Really man if you don't your the commish to do this - should a owner stay in the league anyway?

I'm not forcing you to do a damn thing. I am saying if you don't trust me why are you here anyway? Hell I would like you to stay even if you are a complete headache - but you are active. But I am not gettign into a pissing match with you -- either you trust me or you don't. Pick which one and move on either staying or going.

it's not about trust for me, moz.

it's about common sense.

fool me once, shame on me...

though for you, considering the past, it should be about trust.

if you are covering the league payouts, y not formalize the committment vs just ur word?

your asking all of us to commit for 2yrs and take a leap of faith, w/ evidence that says some protection should be built in for us.

if u think this is a pissing match, sobeit. i see it as an exercise in selfprotection of my time and energy.

i love this league, but if u think everyone should push common sense aside just because they love the league, well, that's sorta sad.

WW I respect your thoughts but simply out of principle now I'm not. If I don't pay out at the end of the year everyone quits and I can NEVER visit this bored again unless in shame - and I have been here since 2002. What I can promise is full payout by 2 weeks after the League title game. Really man if you don't your the commish to do this - should a owner stay in the league anyway?

outta principle huh? pretty convenient.

makes a lotta sense.

this isn't about winning or digging into a position so deeply. look at it from the other side.

beyond silly.

im not asking for too much here.

u should be jumping at the chance to establish a new opportunity for trust in and w/ the league owners.

again, it's not about u as a person.

im not indicting ur character here, moz. just trying to protect my time, effort, and energy, while committing to the league for the future.

it's not about trust for me, moz.

it's about common sense.

fool me once, shame on me...

though for you, considering the past, it should be about trust.

if you are covering the league payouts, y not formalize the committment vs just ur word?

your asking all of us to commit for 2yrs and take a leap of faith, w/ evidence that says some protection should be built in for us.

if u think this is a pissing match, sobeit. i see it as an exercise in selfprotection of my time and energy.

i love this league, but if u think everyone should push common sense aside just because they love the league, well, that's sorta sad.

I told you what I am going to do. That's the last response I got here man on this subject with you. I wish you do stay or anyone else as this all of you will be solid owners. I said what I was doing from the start and I am stickign with it.

yeah i mean, being that i know you (in the best sense i can know people at FFToday) I believe you will pay out all the winners and cover everything because quite simply, if you didn't, this league is dead and you wouldn't be able to post here anymore (as Moz at least) and you love posting here :lol: so i fully believe you but I see both sides of the argument.

also instead of this entire discussion you should be loading my sexy ass team into MFL so i can stare at it. DONT MISUNDERESTIMATE ME!!!! :ninja:

winning :banana:

You may have my man. Me I feel like Mike Tyson in this thread baby!.................................while he was fighting Buster Douglas :(

What the fawk did I do man? Why are singling me out with those other two? :bends over and shows the goat:

Fawking homos!!!!

bunny's the real culprit here, pretty simple really. let's agree on that at least

What the fawk did I do man? Why are singling me out with those other two? :bends over and shows the goat:

Fawking homos!!!!

Not man - it's all good sorry if you took it like that. My bad.

is my roster loaded yet I want to whack off to it.

bunny's the real culprit here, pretty simple really. let's agree on that at least

:kick:

You being the smartest guy with Down's syndrome of the lot says much. Let's rock this aborttion,

(.)(.)

Group Hug

AROUND MY WIFEY"S GIANT BOOMBAAAS!