Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Rookie-Only Draft Results

In his annual rookie draft article, Bill Anderson recaps his dynasty league's rookie draft. This a three-round draft for a 2-QB league, Non-PPR.

2016 Rookie Draft Analysis

I'm not in any dynasty league's but the general vibe I get is that after Elliott, there's not a lot of consensus on the top 12 picks.

I'm a bit surprised that the Romo owner in a 2-QB league wouldn't draft Dak Prescott. Personally I think he has more upside than Paxton Lynch

Here are the results of my recently completed "experts draft":

http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/18049#0

1.01 1 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

1.02 2 Bruno Boys (Cavigs) Doctson, Josh WAS WR

1.03 3 FantasyFootballCalculator Coleman, Corey CLE WR

1.04 4 Fantasy Sharks Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR

1.05 5 Fantasy Sharks Henry, Derrick TEN RB

1.06 6 Dynasty League Football (Michael) Prosise, C.J. SEA RB

1.07 7 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) Shepard, Sterling NYG WR

1.08 8 FantasyFootballStarters.com (Dana) Thomas, Michael NOS WR

1.09 9 Dynasty League Football (Michael) Wentz, Carson PHI QB

1.10 10 Fantasy Sharks Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB

1.11 11 Fantasy Sharks Carroo, Leonte MIA WR

1.12 12 JunkyardJake.com Goff, Jared RAM QB

2.01 13 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Boyd, Tyler CIN WR

2.02 14 Bruno Boys (Cavigs) Williams, Jonathan BUF RB

2.03 15 FantasyFootballStarters.com (Dana) Booker, Devontae DEN RB

2.04 16 FFToday - Doug Perkins, Paul NYG RB

2.05 17 Fantasy Football Xtreme (Neal) Lynch, Paxton DEN QB

2.06 18 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Miller, Braxton HOU WR

2.07 19 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) Drake, Kenyan MIA RB

2.08 20 FantasyFootballStarters.com (Dana) Marshall, Keith WAS RB

2.09 21 Dynasty League Football (Michael) Lasco, Daniel NOS RB

2.10 22 Fantasy Sharks Smallwood, Wendell PHI RB

2.11 23 Fantasy Sharks Fuller, Will HOU WR

2.12 24 JunkyardJake.com Hooper, Austin ATL TE

3.01 25 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Henry, Hunter SDC TE

3.02 26 Bruno Boys (Cavigs) Collins, Alex SEA RB

3.03 27 FantasyFootballStarters.com (Dana) Washington, DeAndre OAK RB

3.04 28 FFToday - Doug Coprich, Marshaun NYG RB

3.05 29 Fantasy Sharks Howard, Jordan CHI RB

3.06 30 JunkyardJake.com Ervin, Tyler HOU RB

3.07 31 Fantasy Sharks Cooper, Pharoh RAM WR

3.08 32 FantasyFootballCalculator Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR

3.09 33 FFToday - Steve Hackenberg, Christian NYJ QB

3.10 34 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) No Pick Made

3.11 35 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) No Pick Made

3.12 36 JunkyardJake.com Jones, Cardale BUF QB

4.01 37 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Boehringer, Moritz MIN WR

4.02 38 Bruno Boys (Cavigs) Higbee, Tyler RAM TE

4.03 39 FantasyFootballStarters.com (Dana) Louis, Ricardo CLE WR

4.04 40 FFToday - Steve No Pick Made

4.05 41 Fantasy Football Xtreme (Neal) Ferguson, Josh IND RB

4.06 42 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Payton, Jordan CLE WR

4.07 43 Dynasty League Football (Jeff) Higgins, Rashard CLE WR

4.08 44 FantasyFootballCalculator Garrett, Keyarris CAR WR

4.09 45 Dynasty League Football (Michael) Prescott, Dak DAL QB

4.10 46 Fantasy Sharks Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR

4.11 47 Fantasy Sharks No Pick Made

4.12 48 Bruno Boys (Ernie) Washington, Dwayne DET RB

I messed up in my draft a couple weeks ago. I liked prosise more than dixon, but I thought prosise would fall to me in the early second, so I drafted dixon. Almost made it, but not quite. Bunch of Seahawks fans too. Should have known better.

I messed up in my draft a couple weeks ago. I liked prosise more than dixon, but I thought prosise would fall to me in the early second, so I drafted dixon. Almost made it, but not quite. Bunch of Seahawks fans too. Should have known better.

I doubt you'll be unhappy with Dixon.

Collins is the RB pick outta Seattle.

I'm not seeing it yet. Was it you who was asking where Collins was being drafted in rookie drafts? I think he went into the 4th in both of my drafts. That backfield is just way too crowded.

I doubt you'll be unhappy with Dixon.

I concur. It'll be the best mistake you ever made.

Ive done three recent drafts (in the last month) and Marshawn Coprich went undrafted in all three, and in fact is still on the WW in two of them.

It looks like that was his last pick in the draft though, so if he really wanted him, he had to take him there.

I really like the Booker pick at 2.03.

The broncos seemed genuinely excited to get him, so it would not surprise me if they started using him sooner rather than later.

maybe even by mid season.

Ive done three recent drafts (in the last month) and Marshawn Coprich went undrafted in all three, and in fact is still on the WW in two of them.

It looks like that was his last pick in the draft though, so if he really wanted him, he had to take him there.

If you read my Rookie Impact article, you'll know I'm high on the guy. Not only that, but I feel he also serves as a bit of a handcuff for Perkins.

The decision at that point was between Coprich and Jordan Howard, with Josh Ferguson in the running. When I saw Coprich play in 2014, I promised myself I would take him if I had the opportunity. While I know he has flaws, he's the best talent in the Giants' backfield at the moment IMO.

On top of all of that, I received the pick in part of a trade I wasn't expecting to make, so maybe I felt a little more emboldened by that :banana:

If you read my Rookie Impact article, you'll know I'm high on the guy. Not only that, but I feel he also serves as a bit of a handcuff for Perkins.

The decision at that point was between Coprich and Jordan Howard, with Josh Ferguson in the running. When I saw Coprich play in 2014, I promised myself I would take him if I had the opportunity. While I know he has flaws, he's the best talent in the Giants' backfield at the moment IMO.

On top of all of that, I received the pick in part of a trade I wasn't expecting to make, so maybe I felt a little more emboldened by that :banana:

Hmmmmm interesting. I grabbed him off the ww in one deep league orphan I took over. Didn't really see him as anything but a flyer who was a marginal upgrade over the drek on the roster... i think I cut Vegas Ferguson or Mark Van Eegan or someone....

Gotta re-evaluate my other two rosters....

Man, I've been thinking about coprich. I don't think he's going to get it done. From his highlight films, he looks fast, but he looks small too. He's shaking off poor arm tacklers taking terrible angles, but when someone gets a clean angle on him, he goes right down. Plus he has to win this numbers game.

Jennings probably ain't going no where.

Vereen is locked in pretty solid as the 3rd down back.

Perkins is a rookie draft pick that would have to really fall on his face to get cut.

That leaves Rainey, darkwa, Andre Williams, and coprich all fighting for probably one spot. That's pretty much going to be the best special teams player you'ld think, but Rainey has to be the favorite. My guess coprich at best ends up on the practice squad

Man, I've been thinking about coprich. I don't think he's going to get it done. From his highlight films, he looks fast, but he looks small too. He's shaking off poor arm tacklers taking terrible angles, but when someone gets a clean angle on him, he goes right down. Plus he has to win this numbers game.

Jennings probably ain't going no where.

Vereen is locked in pretty solid as the 3rd down back.

Perkins is a rookie draft pick that would have to really fall on his face to get cut.

That leaves Rainey, darkwa, Andre Williams, and coprich all fighting for probably one spot. That's pretty much going to be the best special teams player you'ld think, but Rainey has to be the favorite. My guess coprich at best ends up on the practice squad

Never said that Coprich doesn't have a lot to overcome. I stick by my evaluation that he is the most talented of the bunch though. That doesn't always mean the guy sticks.

If the Giants are interested in looking into the future, I think they'll see Jennings is probably done/gone after this year and Vereen is nothing special. But I'm not sure they will, and so I wonder about Coprich, especially if he doesn't light up training camp/preseason.

Never said that Coprich doesn't have a lot to overcome. I stick by my evaluation that he is the most talented of the bunch though. That doesn't always mean the guy sticks.

If the Giants are interested in looking into the future, I think they'll see Jennings is probably done/gone after this year and Vereen is nothing special. But I'm not sure they will, and so I wonder about Coprich, especially if he doesn't light up training camp/preseason.

I think Vereen does well catching the ball. I am always a little puzzled as to why he has never been more consistently used in the pass game.