Sign in to follow this  
Prof Poopcicle

Eddie Lacy

We invited a new guy into my main $ league and he says he's been playing for awhile. He took j cutler in the 2 nd round so I guess anything is possible

I know it's preseason.. but LOL to anybody who doesn't think this guy is going to have a monster season..

I think it's a no brainer top 5 pick in your standard leagues and probably non also :doublethumbsup:

Took lacy last night first round and couldn't be happier. I figured he was gonna have a good season but dam am I liking what I see so far. With that uptempo offense and no huddle combined with Rodgers you are looking at someone who is going to finish top 5 if not top 3

There's a strong argument for Lacy at 3. He's popular at 5 and I have him at 4. That's pretty much all there is to say.

I just don't think Lacy will get the catches necessary to put him in the top 5 for PPR leagues

I've been pretty much struggling with this. I do believe that you need a top tier RB to win it all. In one league I passed on Forte especially in auction and took Lacy. In another league redraft I took Charles over Lacy, but am now trying to trade for Lacy.

The things that stand out most to me are that Lacy is just entering his 2nd year, he should get even better. And the fact about the receivers and the passing game creating room fo him. In terms of receptions it seems to me there has been no real replacement for Finley in the targets, so I think Lacy keeps much of what he had there last year, even though Cobb will be coming back. And then he should get a load of redzone opportunities. The downside is that McCarthy has never produced a top 3 or so RB as HC or OC, though Deuce McAllister was probably right there around 2000-02 or so. Then again he hasn't ever really had a talent on this level IIRC,

I traded Stafford/McCoy to get Brees/Lacy. I think Lacy is going to have a monster year. He is younger; less carries/toll on his body, and he is in an offense that is just as dynamic as Philly's.

• Like 1

I traded Stafford/McCoy to get Brees/Lacy. I think Lacy is going to have a monster year. He is younger; less carries/toll on his body, and he is in an offense that is just as dynamic as Philly's.

Great trade.

I'm an Eagles fan but I am also picking 5 in my main league and desperately want Lacy so take this for what it's worth:

Brees is obviously a big upgrade over Stafford just in terms of consistency and relative injury risk, but I think you're nuts if you expect Lacy to out score McCoy.

Injury can effect any RB and that's the x-factor but Lacy has a more punishing style and a history of getting hurt in college so I call this a wash.

Assuming he plays all 16 games I think McCoy's floor is around 1,750 total yards and 12 TDs. Because Lacy plays in a much more pass heavy offense I think these numbers would be about his ceiling.

I guess what I'm saying is nice upgrade at QB, but I think you downgraded at RB.

I'm beginning to fear that Lacys tds are capped at 8-10 due to Rodgers throwing all sorts of tds around the yard. Hopefully they can get enough PI calls to put Lacy on the 1. As far as yardage, the sky's the limit when you have a qb who can get more first downs than other qbs.