Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Prop Bets

Many of my usual sources for prop bets seem to be currently missing in action although, once again, Mike Tanier has come to the rescue with his http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2690330-bleacher-report-super-bowl-prop-bet-extravaganza

A couple of examples:

Will Tom Brady rush for over 2.5 yards?

Brady has rushed for 117 yards in 33 playoff games, or 3.54 yards per game. He has cracked the 2.5 "over" of this prop bet 15 times, including both playoff games after the 2015 season.

Kneeling at the end of a victory officially counts as a rush for minus-one yards in the play-by-play, so if everything goes according to plan for the Patriots, Brady will "run" two or three times for a loss of two or three. Brady has "rushed" for negative yardage in nine postseason games in his career.

Take the Under on this one and you won't be disappointed when a four-yard sneak gets inched backward by a pair of fourth-quarter clock-killers.

Will LeGarrette Blount score a touchdown?

The last Patriots running back to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl was Laurence Maroney in the second quarter of Super Bowl XLII. Remember Maroney? He was the guy who used up Belichick's last ounce of patience, which is why Jamie Collins is cashing checks from the Browns instead of practicing this week.

Anyway, Blount has gotten more goal-line opportunities than any Patriots running back since Corey Dillon. But this prop bet slams into the brick wall of Patriots contrarianism. There is too good a chance that they will line up in a heavy-jumbo package at the 1-inch line, fake a handoff to Blount, and then throw a fade in the corner of the end zone to eligible tackle Marcus Cannon. No.

Who will have more rushing yards: Freeman or Coleman?

It's cute that the designers of prop party bets gave up on the Patriots running game 10 years ago. They probably also lost patience with Maroney. Freeman.

Which prop bets are you going for? Got any others to mention?

(An aside: I purely miss Grantland on these occasions)

Now way that Freeman/Coleman bet is a pick'em, though, right? It would have to be Freeman -20 or something.

1. How many times will "Trump" be said on the live broadcast? Over/Under 1.5...

Gotta go with the over.

2. First Touchdown Scorer (Bovada)...

Julio Jones (ATL) 15/2
LeGarrette Blount (NE) 8/1
Julian Edelman (NE) 8/1
Devonta Freeman (ATL) 17/2
Chris Hogan (NE) 10/1
Martellus Bennett (NE) 12/1
Dion Lewis (NE) 12/1
Mohamed Sanu (ATL) 12/1
Tevin Coleman (ATL) 14/1
Taylor Gabriel (ATL) 16/1
Malcolm Mitchell (NE) 20/1
James White (NE) 20/1
Danny Amendola (NE) 22/1
Tom Brady (NE) 22/1
Austin Hooper (ATL) 22/1
Matt Ryan (ATL) 28/1
Justin Hardy (ATL) 33/1
Levine Toilolo (ATL) 33/1
Joshua Perkins (ATL) 66/1
Eric Weems (ATL) 66/1
Any other touchdown scorer 11/2

I'd take a stab with one of the QBs... a Brady or Matt Ryan sneak at the goaline?

• Like 1

I went with the following:

Edelman +6.5 rec yds vs Julio at -110

Lead change in 4th qtr +315

Game tied at HT and NE wins FT +1800

Hedged it with ATL HT NE FT +615

Score in first 2 mins of game +817

Tevin Coleman scores first TD +1275

So pretty much if Tevin scores a TD in first two mins of game everything is gravy

• Like 1

1. How many times will "Trump" be said on the live broadcast? Over/Under 1.5...

Gotta go with the over.

Seems like a safe bet, particularly as the scuttlebutt is that FOX is planning on doing a Trump interview either during halftime, or following the game (I forget which). Either way, the live broadcast is bound to be promoting it heavily throughout.

If I am a broadcaster, what's stopping me from betting on the over for saying something and making a mint off of it?

Those types of props are usually pretty limited. Like 500 bucks sometimes.

Those types of props are usually pretty limited. Like 500 bucks sometimes.

Still, it would be awesome to tell all of your friends to bet the over and then start the broadcast by saying "Welcome to Super Trump Trump Bowl 51!"

Speaking of preseason props, I have two coming in tonight that I bet before the season started.

Coach of the year: Jack Del Rio at 18:1

Rookie of the year: Dak Prescott at I don't remember.

I am a little annoyed that everyone has decided Zeke is the winner and that is that. What Dak did was much more impressive. The both had the benefit of a great offensive line, but the rb position is a hell of a lot easier than the qb position. I think everyone should be saying Dak is the obvious choice. But because the media decided Zeke would be the chosen one he must get all the glory.

Coach of the year is the annual The Media was Wrong award. I picked Del Rio because I thought the odds were pretty solid. I think Garrett doing what he did with the Cowboys probably prevents Del Rio from winning. Though I would say Del Rio deserves as much credit for what he did with his team (even though I think it was more luck and a lot of his decisions were poor). For the Raiders to take that big of a step forward should be on the same level accomplishment wise as what Garrett did. But I can understand if Belichick or Garrett win. They deserve it.

O/U on falcons made fieldgoals in the 1st half .5 for -175.

-175? wow. A lot of these bets look nice on the surface but the payouts are crap

Speaking of preseason props, I have two coming in tonight that I bet before the season started.

Coach of the year: Jack Del Rio at 18:1

Rookie of the year: Dak Prescott at I don't remember.

I am a little annoyed that everyone has decided Zeke is the winner and that is that. What Dak did was much more impressive. The both had the benefit of a great offensive line, but the rb position is a hell of a lot easier than the qb position. I think everyone should be saying Dak is the obvious choice. But because the media decided Zeke would be the chosen one he must get all the glory.

Coach of the year is the annual The Media was Wrong award. I picked Del Rio because I thought the odds were pretty solid. I think Garrett doing what he did with the Cowboys probably prevents Del Rio from winning. Though I would say Del Rio deserves as much credit for what he did with his team (even though I think it was more luck and a lot of his decisions were poor). For the Raiders to take that big of a step forward should be on the same level accomplishment wise as what Garrett did. But I can understand if Belichick or Garrett win. They deserve it.

Haha! Dak won. Told ya the media is beyond biased when it comes to NFL players. It is sickening. They already think Zeke is better than David Johnson or Leveon Bell. Even though both are equal runners but FAR superior receivers. The media made it a forgone conclusion that Zeke was the winner. What an absolute joke. Oh well, I won. Bet $10 to win $100.

Haha! Dak won. Told ya the media is beyond biased when it comes to NFL players. It is sickening. They already think Zeke is better than David Johnson or Leveon Bell. Even though both are equal runners but FAR superior receivers. The media made it a forgone conclusion that Zeke was the winner. What an absolute joke. Oh well, I won. Bet $10 to win $100.

Congrats!

-175? wow. A lot of these bets look nice on the surface but the payouts are crap

Yeah 1.75:1 seems low to me. In their 18 games this year, they've only failed to kick a fieldgoal in the first half 4 times. 2 of those against the Saints non-existent red zone defense. Plus factor in the pats have a pretty good red zone defense. I would've thought it should be closer to -350.

I am making 3 bets on the SB.

First player to score a TD

Tevin Coleman Bet $10 to win $140

James White Bet $10 to win $220

Justin Hardy Bet $10 to win $500

Figured I would put down a little action. Didn't feel like putting down $100 on something just to win $80 or so.

Edited it to James White.

Ok good luck everyone , win lots.