Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Computer Geeks - I Need help

Of RAM? Thats excessive, 8 is plenty.

Will it still be a couple years from now?

I wish I knew enough to build one. :wall:

If thats the only thing holding you back from building one I dont think its nearly as hard as you think. Its a few screws and plugs. The most annoying part is installing windows.

Of RAM? Thats excessive, 8 is plenty.

Maybe in 2008.

He is going to need at least 16gb of ram for any modern game. When I play PUBG even with the settings turned down its at 46-60 percent usage. 8gb if there is any kind of immediate demand put on it his game crashes and it would happen a lot.

If thats the only thing holding you back from building one I dont think its nearly as hard as you think. Its a few screws and plugs. The most annoying part is installing windows.

I don't know much about computers. What's there to see?

Id prolly put in a floppy drive. :wall:

Id prolly put in a floppy drive. :wall:

You wouldnt. Im telling you its incredibly simple.

I could even find you a custom build on pcpartpicker with a video walkthrough. Your price range and youll get more bang for your buck. If you get held up at any point which I dont believe would happen I will help you get it setup.

There is only like ten steps this isnt like building a pc with a bunch of complicated wiring. I promise Im can do it. Watch one walkthrough video and youll think to yourself okay that isnt as hard as I thought it was.

Hear me out NV:

This is for your son and Im assuming he is 12-16 years old. For me it started with a simple gaming PC and naturally I started getting into hardware and the other mechanics of my computer. I wanted to upgrade it, etc... if you get your son a laptop there are no upgrades he can do. He needs new video card? Screwed he cant replace it youll have to buy an entirely new laptop every two years or so. With a PC your GPU gets outdated? Buy a new one pop it in youre good to go. Dont need to spend another $1000 for a new laptop. Now if wants a laptop so he can bring it to his friends and stuff then this might not be a good option. But most kids just play online so Im assuming he isnt doing that.