• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

The Denver Broncos (and Miami Dolphins) have requested interviews with Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, according to multiple media outlets. ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported the news.

Denver has an opening at head coach after firing Vance Joseph on Monday. Because the Bears do not have a bye during the first round of the playoffs, Fangio will not be available to interview this week.

https://broncoswire....erview-request/

#2 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,025 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

Oh man I hope he doesn't get any HC jobs. I think he is a great DC for the Bears. He has done such a fantastic job

#3 skydiverd

skydiverd

FF Geek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

This would be a travesty!  At least let him finish out his 3 year deal.  He has a legit shot at getting to the big game while here on the Bears over that 3 year span.  

#4 Phil Simms 11

Phil Simms 11

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

He has earned a shot as a head coach, surely he wants to be a HC once in his lifetime after putting in so much work.

https://www.pro-foot...hes/FangVi0.htm

#5 jrokh

jrokh

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

who would pass up a huge promotion if given the opportunity?

#6 Walter34

Walter34

FF Geek

• Members
  • 25,281 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

He deserves the promotion for sure but not every one wants to be a HC. Not sure where his head is at but he loves his current role and city.

Denver and Cleveland would be great fits for him if he does leave. Please do not go to GB.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:11 AM

who would pass up a huge promotion if given the opportunity?

I've actively not wanted to be promoted in my company for the last 10 years. I greatly enjoy my position and the work I do without the added headache of what some others are willing to endure at a higher level. I took enough risks to be where I am at in my position in my work life, now, any risks I take are non-job related. Simply because I would rather be needed rather than to be a scape goat. And also, because I like to minimize stress in my life. Go Bears!

#8 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

Really hope he stays, but he deserves his shot at being a HC if that's what he wants.
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus