Sign in to follow this  
edjr

California kindergarten teaches 4 year-olds about Transgenderism

First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student

A first grader at a California charter school was sent to the principal’s office this week after she accidentally “misgendered” a classmate in what’s being called a “pronoun mishap.”

The incident occurred at Rocklin Academy, a school roiled by controversy after a kindergarten teacher led an in-class discussion on transgenderism that included a “gender reveal” for a little boy who was transitioning to a little girl.

This innocent little first grader sees a classmate, calls him by the name she knew him last year and the boy reports it to a teacher,” Capitol Resource Institute’s Karen England told me. “The little girl gets in trouble on the playground and then gets called out of class to the principal’s office.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/25/first-grader-sent-to-office-for-misgendering-fellow-student.html

Another example of these poor transgender parents just minding their own business . As if that kid wasn't coached to tell the teacher if the other kids called him by his prior name. The one his parents gave him. How dare these school officials do this. Keep a kid in the office for an hour, for what? Slippery slope indeed. Just waiting for our resident libtards to somehow blame it on the kid.

Another example of these poor transgender parents just minding their own business . As if that kid wasn't coached to tell the teacher if the other kids called him by his prior name. The one his parents gave him. How dare these school officials do this. Keep a kid in the office for an hour, for what? Slippery slope indeed. Just waiting for our resident libtards to somehow blame it on the kid.

Oh, if I got a call like that from my kids school, I'd probably end the day in jail.

• Like 1

Oh, if I got a call like that from my kids school, I'd probably end the day in jail.

Sad that it will happen.

This, this and this.

Seriously Orwellian.

Not at all defending it but procedurally this stuff is unchartered territory and schools are walking on eggshells.

What was clearly scarier to the school was being seen as complicit to the potential, perceived bullying of a transgender student, than the heat to be received for making sure there was some 'action' to point to, taken about it, in the event they were taken to task for it. That is proving to be the wrong call, but I can easily see the mindset going into making it.

System wise I change names (sometimes genders) of students and this last week I ran into a big procedural gray area. Don't want to go into detail but what will stick with me is having a conversation with another staff member about two different transitioning students (opposite directions), and we needed to hop between points in time (pre and post), having a fast conversation, trying to honor the corresponding pronouns chronologically, and completely failing. We were looking at each other thinking 'we know this conversation would be a lot easier if we didn't make this effort, at least between ourselves.' Sticking to one pronoun would have felt unsupportive and the overriding spirit is absolute support, tinged nervously beneath the admin surface with avoiding sh*t, but that's a really unsaid aspect.

Side note: pretty sure the first grader in this second story now is the transitioning kindergartner from the first.

Side note: pretty sure the first grader in this second story now is the transitioning kindergartner from the first.

Fock that kids parents. It is absurd to expect anyone to go along with this.

If my kid called the kid him, got in trouble for it, id tear the dooshbag principal a new one and take the kid for ice cream. The sad thing is they scolded and shamed a little girl, probably making her feel bad, over something so focking ridiculous.

• Like 1