Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Fly anywhere in world in less than 4 hours? Hypersonic travel....

I had seen that a while back. They also have plans for a type of super sonic train. Can't remember the details but it was a good concept

One of the things that truly pisses me off technology wise is we seen all sorts of changes in entertainment, in Personal communication and computing, etc, but we're still flying basically the same f****** plane that we did 70 years ago.

How about hey, before we waste any more money on going to Mars or back to the Moon, we'll figure out a way to travel a little faster and better than we did 70 years ago.

• Like 1

Not to mention we have a pretty huge country and we still can't master regular trains much less bullet trains. Meanwhile Europe and Japan is kicking us all over the map on that.

One of the things that truly pisses me off technology wise is we seen all sorts of changes in entertainment, in Personal communication and computing, etc, but we're still flying basically the same f****** plane that we did 70 years ago.

How about hey, before we waste any more money on going to Mars or back to the Moon, we'll figure out a way to travel a little faster and better than we did 70 years ago.

One of the things is cost. We have the technology but getting it cost effective for consumers is hard. Plane tickets are already ridiculously expensive. Imagine the newer ones

Good points wiff.

Agreed. How 'bout we fix our roads and bridges. Fock the moon or mars, although some of that stuff NASA is doing is pretty amazing. I recently read an article about Cassini which is readying to plunge into Saturn, but some of the images this thing has sent back are awe inspiring.

Trains and subways would help so many problems in America. Pollution. Traffic. Uninsured motorists. Drunk driving.

The fact that there is no way to get around in most American cities other than owning a car many people really can't afford to have is a problem.

Trains and subways would help so many problems in America. Pollution. Traffic. Uninsured motorists. Drunk driving.

The fact that there is no way to get around in most American cities other than owning a car many people really can't afford to have is a problem.

Adding on more: Employment.

Most low wage folks can't afford to live in cities - which typically have some sort of mass transit.

So, they live outside of the urban areas. - Which requires having a car to get to virtually any sort of job.

Some cities are better, some worse, in that regard.

Doesn't have thing 1 to do with Hypersonic planes, but still...

The reality is, we actually went backwards; We lost the Concorde.

And I can understand not wanting it to go from say Ohare to CDG.

But for Pete's sake, you'd think these middle eastern countries would

pick up the slack in that regard.

Reminds me, I also saw that they're working on some kind of human habit trail thing.

You climb in, then it shoots you at high speeds down this tube thing.

I'm not so sure that idea is a keeper.

The reality is, we actually went backwards; We lost the Concorde.

And I can understand not wanting it to go from say Ohare to CDG.

But for Pete's sake, you'd think these middle eastern countries would

pick up the slack in that regard.

Reminds me, I also saw that they're working on some kind of human habit trail thing.

You climb in, then it shoots you at high speeds down this tube thing.

I'm not so sure that idea is a keeper.

I've seen that. It's basically a big version of those tubes at the bank.

I've seen that. It's basically a big version of those tubes at the bank.

:first: No shiit, right? Excellent analogy!

I believe the proper term is pneumatic tube.

I ain't going in there.

Focked if I'm going to catch pneumania.

I ain't fitting in there.

Focked if I'm going to catch pneumania.