Sign in to follow this  
edjr

2016 PGA Tour Championship - Tough work but someone has to do it

30 players make it and here are the payouts (+10 Mill to the Edex Cup Winner)

1 1,485,000
2 891,000
3 569,250
4 396,000
5 330,000
6 297,000
7 280,500
8 264,000
9 247,500
10 234,300
11 222,750
12 211,200
13 201,300
14 191,400
15 181,500
16 174,900
17 168,300
18 165,000
19 161,700
20 158,400
21 155,100
22 151,800
23 148,500
24 145,200
25 141,900
26 138,600
27 136,950
28 135,300
29 133,650
30 132,000

As long as you don't pull a Tiger and quit, you're taking home 132k.

Not bad!

WHO YOU GOT THIS WEEK?

RORY! :pointstosky:

do you have a job?

I'm leaving in 8 minutes and I won't be back here till approx 8 am tomorrow.

Thanks for calling!

It's DJ's year. Lock it up.

i think DJ has been first or 2nd in fedex points twice before and finished outside the top 20 in this event both times. want to say i read that on CBS

found it http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/past-fedex-cup-champs-prove-you-can-come-from-way-back-to-win-10-million/

The top two players in the Official World Golf Ranking are staying put. On Wednesday, TaylorMade announced that Jason Day and Dustin Johnson had agreed to multi-year contract extensions with the Carlsbad, California-based equipment manufacturer. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Day and Johnson were two of the most sought after equipment free agents going into the offseason.

“I chose TaylorMade at the onset of my PGA TOUR career because they made products that performed," Day said in a release. "They’ve supported me on my quest for World No. 1 since day one. I’m excited to continue working with the great team at TaylorMade and playing the best performing equipment in the game.”

Day, the top-ranked player in the world, signed with TaylorMade in 2006 and made his debut on TOUR the same year. He currently plays a full bag of TaylorMade equipment and was the first to record a win with the company's M1 driver at last year's BMW Championship.

Arguably the hottest player on TOUR over the last few months, Dustin Johnson signed with TaylorMade in 2007 before earning his TOUR card in 2008.

With a U.S. Open title and two TOUR wins this season (WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and BMW Championship), he heads into the TOUR Championship atop the FedExCup standings.

"When I started my professional career, my goal was to be the best and win tournaments," Johnson said. "I chose TaylorMade because they made products that outperformed anything else I had ever played. Since day one, I’ve had a great relationship with the TaylorMade team and especially the guys who support me every week out on TOUR. I’m looking forward to continuing our teamwork and playing equipment that I believe in and has helped me to succeed.”

The decision to retain the top two players is an important step for TaylorMade Golf. The future of the company has been up in the air this year as parent company adidas set out to find a buyer for its golf brands, including TaylorMade, Adams and Ashworth.

The announcement reaffirms that TaylorMade will still have a significant TOUR presence going forward.

"We’ve had tremendous relationships with both Jason and Dustin since the day they first signed with us and have thoroughly enjoyed working with them and watching as they’ve ascended to the top two spots in the OWGR," said Chuck Presto, TaylorMade's senior vice president, global sports marketing. "It’s rare to have the top two players in the world in your stable and we’re thrilled they’ve both decided to stay with the TaylorMade family, trusting the best equipment in the world as they continue their dominance on TOUR.”

Interesting considering adidas is selling off taylor made. Thought some of those guys might jump ship to trendy pxg

Interesting considering adidas is selling off taylor made. Thought some of those guys might jump ship to trendy pxg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Before we know it, it will be Masters time and time to start up a new Ed Ex Cup and me to piss away $150 :banana:

Have they announced what ailment Jason Day has this week yet?

Sprained his labia on the driving range this morning.

I'm with edro - give me Rory... Would really love to see Spieth finally show up and make a charge. About the only time we hear his name right now is if he's throwing out the first pitch at a Rangers game. <_<

I'm with edro - give me Rory..

Sorry Rory, you may as well fly over to hazeltine and start getting ready for the Ryder Cup, you've got no chance this weekend.

Sorry Rory, you may as well fly over to hazeltine and start getting ready for the Ryder Cup, you've got no chance this weekend.

Ha no doubt - he will prolly tear and Achilles now.

Let's go phil. IF he can magically win I think he would just need the top two guys to finish poorly. 20th or so.

Sweet bajeebus - some of our guys are playing like total dogshiit right now.. Walker, Phil, Fatty Reed and JB are pulling up the rear, and a combined +25 over par. :shocking:

We are so going to get our asses kicked next week.

You hate America.

I can go out one day and shoot 86 and then 76 the next. Golf is like that. Relax.

You hate America.

I can go out one day and shoot 86 and then 76 the next. Golf is like that. Relax.

is DL3 thinking about you for the 12th spot?

is DL3 thinking about you for the 12th spot?

If you listen to Cruzer maybe he should be I guess.

Fact is the American team has zero pressure because they suck at the Ryder Cup. Fact is anyone can play like and then go play some great golf the next day. Fact is this is a focking 30 man tourney. If Euros were in this and they were at the bottom Cruzer wouldn't say a word. Ever think guys like Phil aren't looking ahead to the Ryder Cup?

Cruzer sounds like a 14 year old girl any time he talks Ryder Cup. OMG!

Will Columbia even be able to handle the cocaine order Dustin Johnson is going to have when he wins the FedEx cup?

You hate America.

Been playing for 39 years, thanks for letting me know - never knew that.

good job Cruzer :hifive:

Rory is puking all over himself

Cruzer sounds like a 14 year old girl any time he talks Ryder Cup. OMG!

You sound like a 15 year old ball licking homo - eagerly trying to kiss everyone's ass in the Kumbaya sing along circle.

No pressure? WTF are you talking about - on the heels of forming a stupid committee, getting our asses handed to us 8 of the last 10, and being at home - HUGE pressure on us. Should change your handle to Clueless2m23.

Have they announced what ailment Jason Day has this week yet?

Took a round and a half this week. Breast, errr, back injury. WD :wave: :overhead:

Took a round and a half this week. Breast, errr, back injury. WD :wave: :overhead:

:shocking: :doh:

Golf Channel is reported a sprained labia. :dunno:

Been playing for 39 years, thanks for letting me know - never knew that.

You act like you do not know that.

Not sure how there is huge pressure when they are expected to lose. Even by American Golf heros like yourself.

Ed who do you think is going to win the Ryder Cup?

^_^

Euros 18 to 10

Ha, omg - I was kidding. Wow. :shocking:

Not sure how there is huge pressure when they are expected to lose. Even by American Golf heros like yourself.

I told you why.. It would already be horrible as hell if we do.. But on the heels of forming a special committee (so we'd stop losing), being at home and recent ass whoops - huge pressure. I'd say if anyone hasn't any pressure, it's the Euros. They've won left and right of late and they're on the road - what possible pressure could they have? Pressure to defend? Pressure to make it 9 out of 11? Doesn't seem like a likely scenario of pressure. If they lose, so what? They still will have won 8 of the last 11.

Guess depends how you view pressure. Not saying Euros have pressure. I just feel when you are expected to lose even by the people who root for you....then what can possibly be pr3ssure? I guess they can put pressure on themseleves...

What wxactly does the committee do to help a win or do they expect it will do? Goofiest thing I have seen in golf... i understand there is some strategy in match play and in this event...but it is way overblown. You play golf. You play well to win. You handle pressure putts to win. Strategy is overrated. You play well or you dont. Bad pairings are obvious and they are generally carried over each year. There is nothing for a committee to even do. You pick guys you play golf.

It is like the Browns having pressure to be decent this year after losing for a while. Re-tooling their club. Hue Jackson.

No no pressure. They suck and no one expects anything.

Guess depends how you view pressure. Not saying Euros have pressure.....What wxactly does the committee do to help a win or do they expect it will do?

So according to you, the US has no pressure, and now the Euros have none either? 1st time in history there is zero pressure on either team. Lol, hot damn - you really do think this is a Kumbaya singalong.

I can't believe I actually have to explain why forming a committee is relevant, but whatever.. It's crucial because it announces to the world that 1) this team is tired of getting its ass kicked, 2) that we're willing to go to embarrassing measures to find a way to stop it, 3) that the previous ways of going about it aren't working... The Eruos and their fans were laughing their asses off at us soon as it was announced we had formed a Task Force - incapable of doing it w/out one... We lose now, with a committee formed to prevent losing - we'll be the laughing stock of golf for 2 more years.

Then there's DL3 - don't think he's feeling it? Not only does he make one of the dumbest coaching decisions in the history of the Cup, they freaking make him Captain again - that's pressure out the ass! Then there's his pick of Fowler. As unpopular a Captain's pick as he was - his Fowler pick was just as ridiculed.

This team and this coach has the weight of a country and a million trains on its shoulders - home game, coming off the debacle of Medinah, sick and tired of losing - pressure is off the chain.

There is always some pressure for all parties in a contest you want to win. If sergio has a 8 footer to win the cup there is pressure like any other tourney. But no there is no huge pressure for either side. Euros have won and no one expects anything from the U.S. side. U.S. wins and oh well we will get you next year on our soil. Euros win and its just another L up on the board of many in a year they are the underdogs in most anyone's eyes onviously. Hard to have tons of pressure as an underdog.

So when the U.S. wins you can suck my c0ck since it will be the greatest win the ryder cup has ever seen.

In your eyes...

-inferior squad

-fowler was awful pick

-awful captain

-pressure of 1000 moons

So to overcome that and arise to the greatest pressure golf has seen would be nothing short of amazing....would it not?

The greatest cup ever played.

Nice ill see you back here when they win.