Sign in to follow this  
Mad Brad

Dynasty Rookie Draft

Check this out rookie draft finished up today from Tuesday... 13 picks and barely a WR in the bunch... Take a look... MB

1.01 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

1.02 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

1.03 Johnson, Calvin DET WR

1.04 Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

1.05 Russell, JaMarcus OAK QB

1.06 Bush, Michael OAK RB

1.07 Henry, Chris TEN RB

1.08 Booker, Lorenzo MIA RB

1.09 Meachem, Robert NOS WR

1.10 Hunt, Tony PHI RB

1.11 Quinn, Brady CLE QB

1.12 Leonard, Brian STL RB

1.13 Hackett, D.J. SEA WR Wed May 16 6:27:57 p.m. ET

One team got... C. Johnson, M. Bush and B. Quinn

another team got... B. Jackson, C. Henry, and R. Meachem...

I thought the RB run while usually expected was somewhat interesting, and left many good WR's still available for Round 2 next month...

and WHO is the next best QB???? D. Stanton??? J. Beck ??? or Other ??? Or would you take D. Culpepper or Tarvaris Jackson over either of these two??? MB

I think Robert Meachem is going to have somewhat instant success.

He is going to be starting opposite Colston, day 1. He will beat out Devery and Copper, hands down, for that number 2 slot.

Plus, Colston is going to demand most of the double teams.

I could honestly see Meachem and Colston having very similar numbers this year, with Meachem taking over that number 1 slot, very soon.

I know that its way too early to tell for sure, but just off of potential alone, along with that great offense, I think Meachem can be a steal.

Check this out rookie draft finished up today from Tuesday... 13 picks and barely a WR in the bunch... Take a look... MB

1.01 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

1.02 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

1.03 Johnson, Calvin DET WR

1.04 Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

1.05 Russell, JaMarcus OAK QB

1.06 Bush, Michael OAK RB

1.07 Henry, Chris TEN RB

1.08 Booker, Lorenzo MIA RB

1.09 Meachem, Robert NOS WR

1.10 Hunt, Tony PHI RB

1.11 Quinn, Brady CLE QB

1.12 Leonard, Brian STL RB

1.13 Hackett, D.J. SEA WR

Brian Leonard?? He's a FB!?!

Good to see what's being picked though... I'll be involved in a Rookie only draft come August... and am looking for some rankings to base it on. I would have thought Calvin would go #1 though - but, depending on that team's need... who knows. I have #9 pick, hopefully some good talent still avail.

Brian Leonard?? He's a FB!?!

Not really. He moved to FB last season for Rutgers for the good of the team, as Rice is a budding star, but was a HB his first three years. He will be used as a FB/HB hybird in the NFL catching alot of balls and spelling Jackson occasionally.

Not really. He moved to FB last season for Rutgers for the good of the team, as Rice is a budding star, but was a HB his first three years. He will be used as a FB/HB hybird in the NFL catching alot of balls and spelling Jackson occasionally.

That's true - forgot about his "early" days. I just don't see his value being that high, even in a rookie-only draft, but I guess there isn't much else out there.

I'd say the biggest shock is not seeing Dwayne Bowe drafted yet. He should be the next one gone. He's likely to be the #1 soon for the Chefs.

I'da taken Bowe before several of those guys.

I'd say the biggest shock is not seeing Dwayne Bowe drafted yet. He should be the next one gone. He's likely to be the #1 soon for the Chefs.

I'da taken Bowe before several of those guys.

i would concur with this, based on the draft as it appears, it seems as though perhaps the scoring system somehow favors RB's and QB's a bit... :thumbsup:

Actually it's a regular Dynasty 12 team/ 20 roster, PPR league... and I agree Bowe should have been selected yesterday... He will prolly go 2:2 to my buddy, 2:1 looks to be A. Gonzalez...

We will know for sure on June 15th when the next round begins... I agree though some reaches here for sure... At least Ted Ginn did not get in there :first: Or I'd really go :rolleyes: MB

ps I'd have to say if your looking for a new team in a very well run league... www.glffl.com is a great place to pick one up, there are leagues with openings, and they run a great "hub" of leagues for serious ff players...

No Dwayne Jarrett either...I'm amazed. I've seen Booker falling as far as the 3rd round. I have 5 picks in the 2nd round in my 12 teamer. I'll be ecstatic if the 1st round looks like that.

So he wasn't good enough to be a HB on, uh, Rutgers, but he'll get carries in the NFL?

He's a backup at best, and is a worthless rookie pick unless you have SJAX.

He's a cuff.

No Dwayne Jarrett either...I'm amazed. I've seen Booker falling as far as the 3rd round. I have 5 picks in the 2nd round in my 12 teamer. I'll be ecstatic if the 1st round looks like that.

I have the 2:4 and the 2:8 myself... And I'm the guy with Calvin Johnson, M. Bush, and Quinn...

Looking at who is still on the board right now makes me go... :first:

MB

So he wasn't good enough to be a HB on, uh, Rutgers, but he'll get carries in the NFL?

Obviously you've never seen a Rutgers game or a Ray Rice carry, but oh well.... :first:

Not really. He moved to FB last season for Rutgers for the good of the team, as Rice is a budding star, but was a HB his first three years. He will be used as a FB/HB hybrid in the NFL catching alot of balls and spelling Jackson occasionally.

agreed..

Here's our first two rounds:

My picks in bold.....starter requirements in bold as well.

QB...Carson Palmer, Tavaris Jackson

RB...Westbrook, Chester Taylor, Lawrence Maroney, Kevin Jones, Garrett Wolfe

WR...Braylon Edwards, Santana Moss, Reggie Williams, Chris Henry, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis

TE....Dallas Clark, Tony Scheffler, Alex Smith

K......Green Akers, Dave Rayner

DEF....Bungles, Bills

16 team Dynasty League.

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments

1.01 1. A-Team Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

1.02 2. Wichita Shox Johnson, Calvin DET WR

1.03 3. Redneck Gopher Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

1.04 4. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

1.05 5. Neon Gliders Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

1.06 6. Rhinos Revenge Meachem, Robert NOS WR

1.07 7. Panzer Rats Henry, Chris TEN RB

1.08 8. New Deli Maelstroms Irons, Kenny CIN RB

1.09 9. Rhinos Revenge Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

1.10 10. Beer Farts Bush, Michael OAK RB

1.11 11. Houston Chowdaheads Russell, JaMarcus OAK QB

1.12 12. Jax Pub Crawlers Quinn, Brady CLE QB

1.13 13. Jax Pub Crawlers Rice, Sidney MIN WR

1.14 14. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Davis, Craig SDC WR

1.15 15. Wichita Hitmen Stanton, Drew DET QB

1.16 16. Thibodaux Mookies Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

2.01 17. Curley's Shuffle Hunt, Tony PHI RB

2.02 18. Rhinos Revenge Beck, John MIA QB

2.03 19. Redneck Gopher Olsen, Greg CHI TE

2.04 20. Rancid Doghouse Hill, Jason SFO WR

2.05 21. Neon Gliders Ginn Jr., Ted MIA WR

2.06 22. Houston Chowdaheads Leonard, Brian STL RB

2.07 23. Panzer Rats Miller, Zach OAK TE

2.08 24. New Deli Maelstroms Booker, Lorenzo MIA RB

2.09 25. Bonita Beach Hurricanes Wolfe, Garrett CHI RB

2.10 26. Panzer Rats Smith, Troy BAL QB

2.11 27. Rancid Doghouse Smith, Steve NYG WR

2.12 28. Rancid Doghouse Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

2.13 29. Jax Pub Crawlers Pittman, Antonio NOS RB

2.14 30. Black Gryphons Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2.15 31. Wichita Hitmen Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

2.16 32. Thibodaux Mookies Allison, Aundrae MIN WR

Brian Leonard = Mike Alstott. RB in college... start NFL as RB... end's up as a FB.

I think Robert Meachem is going to have somewhat instant success.

He is going to be starting opposite Colston, day 1. He will beat out Devery and Copper, hands down, for that number 2 slot.

Plus, Colston is going to demand most of the double teams.

I could honestly see Meachem and Colston having very similar numbers this year, with Meachem taking over that number 1 slot, very soon.

I know that its way too early to tell for sure, but just off of potential alone, along with that great offense, I think Meachem can be a steal.

"I think the rookie who's made the worst first impression in the three weeks since draft day, easily, is New Orleans wide receiver Robert Meachem. How on God's green earth can a rook be 19 pounds overweight at the team's first mini-camp? And what kinds of red flags must that send up to the coaching staff and front office about to make the man a jillionaire? "I think I had like nine [pre-draft] visits to teams,'' Meachem said after injuring an ankle at the Saints' minicamp last week. "And every visit they gave you a big old meal. I tried to work out when I could, but I don't think I got enough workouts in.''

Peter King--www.cnnsi.com

hmm...care to re-evaluate your stance here? go ahead, i'll let you :(

"I think the rookie who's made the worst first impression in the three weeks since draft day, easily, is New Orleans wide receiver Robert Meachem. How on God's green earth can a rook be 19 pounds overweight at the team's first mini-camp? And what kinds of red flags must that send up to the coaching staff and front office about to make the man a jillionaire? "I think I had like nine [pre-draft] visits to teams,'' Meachem said after injuring an ankle at the Saints' minicamp last week. "And every visit they gave you a big old meal. I tried to work out when I could, but I don't think I got enough workouts in.''

Peter King--www.cnnsi.com

hmm...care to re-evaluate your stance here? go ahead, i'll let you :wub:

Sure.

Colston was extremely out of shape last year at the rookie mini-camp, as well.

That sure turned out horribly.

Care to re-evaluate your stance? I'll let you.

1.13 Hackett, D.J. SEA WR Wed May 16 6:27:57 p.m. ET

I'm confused. 12 team league and 1.13? :bench:

I'm confused. 12 team league and 1.13? <_<

LOL... I recieved an extra draft pick in the 1st round of the rookie draft for winning the toilet bowl last year... LOL :wall:

I was the best of the worst last season, thus Bonus pick... With it I moved up 2 spots from 1:13 to 1:11 and took quinn... Just like in the real draft... ;)

My buddy took Hackett at 1:13, and moved up in the 4th... MB

Sure.

Colston was extremely out of shape last year at the rookie mini-camp, as well.

That sure turned out horribly.

Care to re-evaluate your stance? I'll let you.

lol...you're obviously a saints homer, eh? be my guest: draft meachem and have yourself an ff field day. you've got it figured all out. no need for any more input. :wub:

that aside, i call your bluff about colston being "way out of shape" last year at this time: http://www.kffl.com/player/13701/nfl/news

that's a synopsis of all the news about colston last year. digging deeper there's nothing that shows him coming to camp 19 pounds overweight like meachem (which would have put him in the 260-ish range) and only stories about him impressing early and impressing often.

aside from that, it's foolish to completely ignore this concrete information we do have: meachem showed up fat and out-of-shape to the saints mini-camp. at the very least it's a big red flag. not the type of info you poo-poo and completely dismiss as being irrelevant.

guys like colston don't show up to their first dress rehearsals nearly 20 pounds overweight. guys like mike williams and mr. white do, though. let's hope meachem sees the light and sees it soon.

Wow... I'm such a Saints homer because I think Meachem will out perform Bowe?

Right...what an earth shattering prediction.

Damon Huard errrrr Grodie Croyle are definately MVP caliber QB's

I would take Bowe at 1.1

/sarcasm off

I would take a no4 WR on the Saints over a no1 on the Chefs

signed

Sammy Parker

LOL... I recieved an extra draft pick in the 1st round of the rookie draft for winning the toilet bowl last year... LOL :wall:

I was the best of the worst last season, thus Bonus pick... With it I moved up 2 spots from 1:13 to 1:11 and took quinn... Just like in the real draft... :wall:

My buddy took Hackett at 1:13, and moved up in the 4th... MB

yes, it's true...Mad Brad excels in toilet bowl competition....very experienced.

LOL @ fast fist...

Had we had a little better start in 2006... We would have lost in the Superbowl... Oh well...

Instead we were a champion... of the toilet... and were awarded the 1:13 of the 2007 rookie draft = Brady Quinn

It's ok, fishy boy... It's 2007 and you know what that means... PAYBACK !!! THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL... MB