Sign in to follow this  
pittnthat

Spygate bout to explode

Espn bottom line is saying that the taper himself has back up coppies from 1996-2003 and is about to blow this thing wide open. No homer can spin solid evidence. wow!!!!!!! This is gonna be huge!!!!!!!

Matt Walsh is the video assistiant's name.

Espn bottom line is saying that the taper himself has back up coppies from 1996-2003 and is about to blow this thing wide open. No homer can spin solid evidence. wow!!!!!!! This is gonna be huge!!!!!!!

Matt Walsh is under a confidentiality agreement and supposedly does not have any actual evidence, nor was he a key player in the video department with the Patriots. I would hope that he does have some substantial evidence, because there are others that have evidence as well from other teams. There is quite a bit of rumor and innuendo regarding the Colts and their systems in place. I don't know how much is smoke and mirrors, but I am willing to bet you (based upon hearsay from former players and coaches) that there are other teams involved.

BTW - this may be a situation of an assistant golf pro at a golf club (Walsh) looking to get some dough off a big story.

Great news......I will now go drop a grand on the Pats to cover :rolleyes: :headbanger: I already thought this would be a rout now I'm convinced.Billy Boy is gonna make somebody pay for this humiliation :cheers:

HAHAHAHA The spreads gonna jump 3 points now...man thanks spector....haha the Giant are gonna pay....gotta love it....sweet

Matt Walsh and Arlen Spectaor are 2 different issues. If Matt get's on a 60 minute type of show it would be great to see what he did and what he has on file.

If this is true, then I might have to start bashing Belichick! :rolleyes:

96?

So this guy worked under Parcells, and Parcells spied too? :music_guitarred:

Pick the Pats to cover the spread! Belichick will use this to work his team up and they will kill the Giants.

Matt Walsh is under a confidentiality agreement and supposedly does not have any actual evidence, nor was he a key player in the video department with the Patriots. I would hope that he does have some substantial evidence, because there are others that have evidence as well from other teams. There is quite a bit of rumor and innuendo regarding the Colts and their systems in place. I don't know how much is smoke and mirrors, but I am willing to bet you (based upon hearsay from former players and coaches) that there are other teams involved.

BTW - this may be a situation of an assistant golf pro at a golf club (Walsh) looking to get some dough off a big story.

I would"nt expect anything less then a half a$$ed jab at The Colts from a ###### a$$ pats fan. You all know your a load of frauds liars and insecure people. Go home and eat yo Chowda.

I call BS on this... No freakin way it goes back to 96, and just today the commish said 06-07, and their were 6 total tapes... BS on this post... MB

ps. quit drinking and posting pleeezzzeee....

Too bad they caught the Pats "in the act" at the Meadowlands this year. Otherwise we might have seen the Pats go undef... Oh, never mind.

I call BS on this... No freakin way it goes back to 96, and just today the commish said 06-07, and their were 6 total tapes... BS on this post... MB

Bs on this? Just put on ESPN right now. By the way, they turned in 6 tapes to the league; are you saying it is not possible that more exist? Can't imagine the punishment if they lied to Goodell.

If this is true, then I might have to start rooting for my 3rd favorite team! :pointstosky:

:music_guitarred:

Bs on this? Just put on ESPN right now. By the way, they turned in 6 tapes to the league; are you saying it is not possible that more exist? Can't imagine the punishment if they lied to Goodell.

So now Parcells is in on it too... I say no way... Tabloid media hype before the SB IMO... MB

ps. The Giants are really gonna get smoked in this game now... LOL

Whether there's new evidence or not, the Patriots were caught cheating in September and will finishing paying their debt in April.

In between, they get a big, fat

This may already have been covered elsewhere, but here's what I don't get about Spygate.

(btw, I'm a Seahawks fan. I give a rats arse about the Pats).

Let's assume that Spygate helped them win the 1st game of the season. They beat the Jets 38-14, right? Are we all supposed to believe that, but for the cheating, the Jets would have won the game? Because the Jets didn't win too many other games all season. They finished 4-12, beating the 1-15 Fins twice, the 4-12 Chiefs once, and the 10-6 Steelers once. One quality win. That's it.

So Spygate was worth at least 25 pts. to what was arguably one of the worst teams in the league this year? This I have a hard time seeing.

This may already have been covered elsewhere, but here's what I don't get about Spygate.

Let's assume that Spygate helped them win the 1st game of the season. They beat the Jets 38-14, right? Are we all supposed to believe that, but for the cheating, the Jets would have won the game? Because the Jets didn't win too many other games all season. They finished 4-12, beating the 1-15 Fins twice, the 4-12 Chiefs once, and the 10-6 Steelers once. One quality win. That's it.

So Spygate was worth at least 25 pts. to what was arguably one of the worst teams in the league this year? This I have a hard time seeing.

I believe you gotta go big picture with this, your thinking the filming was to help THAT game, of course it wasnt. I mean someone would have to weed through the footage to see what they could get out of it tendency wise, etc. I believe it was more for just all around knowledge of players, coaches, habits, possible tells in things, etc. Just another way to get an edge, and the pats are GREAT at doing that, thats yet another reason they are undefeated.

I DO believe other teams have/do do it, im not singling the pats out. I also believe the pats are just better at REALLY breaking down EVERY possible edge (within and outside the rules) and squeezing the most out of it then any other team at the moment.

On that note, I DO believe that any other "filming against the rules" that was done last year (or prior years) DID still help the pats a little this year, especially with teams that had the same players/system/staff. Its not like destroying tapes destroys the information you took out of studying the tapes before the tapes were destroyed. I am also sure other teams films helped other teams at points this year...again though, obviously the pats just used their edges better then the rest.

I think its safe to say that the posters on this board all watch a lot of football. For as long as I can remember, offensive coaches have been covering their mouth with a clipboard when they call in the plays. Every single team does this. This stuff has been going on for years and will continue to go on.

There's an interesting article on espn about Ernie Adams who has been BB's right hand man for years. The article alludes to Adams being involved in helping the Pats decipher signals so quickly that maybe he was able to actually use it to their advantage during a game. Very interesting article. I don't know if it was the same article, but I read recently where Jimmy Johnson was bragging that when he was with the Dolphins they figured out a way to bypass the automatic shutoff for the Coach-QB communication system. The system is supposed to shut off when there are 15 seconds left on the play clock.

I think its safe to say that the posters on this board all watch a lot of football. For as long as I can remember, offensive coaches have been covering their mouth with a clipboard when they call in the plays. Every single team does this. This stuff has been going on for years and will continue to go on.

There's an interesting article on espn about Ernie Adams who has been BB's right hand man for years. The article alludes to Adams being involved in helping the Pats decipher signals so quickly that maybe he was able to actually use it to their advantage during a game. Very interesting article. I don't know if it was the same article, but I read recently where Jimmy Johnson was bragging that when he was with the Dolphins they figured out a way to bypass the automatic shutoff for the Coach-QB communication system. The system is supposed to shut off when there are 15 seconds left on the play clock.

Card players cover their tells too, yet there is always something that shows something if someone looks outside the box enough.

Just think what old Ernie could do in "real time" if he had 2-3 games worth of a teams previous games to go through and put him his memory bank to use when the game was going on.....

This isnt a shot at the pats as much as the NFL. Thats why the pats arent too concerned with it (other then using it for motivation) as im sure the NFL may be. The pats are NOT the only team that uses every angle they can (they may be the best at it though and thats kodus to them), and if they were the only team, the other teams should be ###### ashamed of themselves!!! :headbanger:

Now the NFL, they gotta be a little worried that there could be a drastic shift in the perception of the league and game if any more details come out to hint at more "behind the scenes, against the "rules"" type stuff that coulda "tainted" outcomes of games. Like baseball and the steriods, it can just go on and on, and EVERYTHING starts getting questioned. Its a freakin mess if that happens, and the league will do whatever they can to prevent that, even if they have to lie a little themselves.

No business wants to be looked at like they cant run the show....

Card players cover their tells too, yet there is always something that shows something if someone looks outside the box enough.

Just think what old Ernie could do in "real time" if he had 2-3 games worth of a teams previous games to go through and put him his memory bank to use when the game was going on.....

This isnt a shot at the pats as much as the NFL. Thats why the pats arent too concerned with it (other then using it for motivation) as im sure the NFL may be. The pats are NOT the only team that uses every angle they can (they may be the best at it though and thats kodus to them), and if they were the only team, the other teams should be ###### ashamed of themselves!!! :headbanger:

Now the NFL, they gotta be a little worried that there could be a drastic shift in the perception of the league and game if any more details come out to hint at more "behind the scenes, against the "rules"" type stuff that coulda "tainted" outcomes of games. Like baseball and the steriods, it can just go on and on, and EVERYTHING starts getting questioned. Its a freakin mess if that happens, and the league will do whatever they can to prevent that, even if they have to lie a little themselves.

No business wants to be looked at like they cant run the show....

I don't think the NFL is that worried about it. In baseball when a guy is on second it's almost expected that he will try to steal signals. In the NFL, teams can tape the other teams signals as long as they follow the rules. The Pats got busted b/c they were taping from a location that wasn't approved. I'm sure the Pats have plenty of tape of other teams that they acquired within the rules and they will keep trying to use that to their advantage.

Also, the NFL will probably adopt a communication system for the defense similar to what the QB has now and this will be the end of it.

I don't think the NFL is that worried about it. In baseball when a guy is on second it's almost expected that he will try to steal signals. In the NFL, teams can tape the other teams signals as long as they follow the rules. The Pats got busted b/c they were taping from a location that wasn't approved. I'm sure the Pats have plenty of tape of other teams that they acquired within the rules and they will keep trying to use that to their advantage.

Also, the NFL will probably adopt a communication system for the defense similar to what the QB has now and this will be the end of it.

Yep allowing the D to have plays called in is a must at this point, just cut the ###### off at the pass.

As for being allowed to tape another teams signals from an "approved location"....thats a rule I dont recall...seems wierd? I mean who cares of the location if your getting the same info...do you know where that rule is listed? Id love to see it, prob clear things up in my mind a bit too..

Yep allowing the D to have plays called in is a must at this point, just cut the ###### off at the pass.

As for being allowed to tape another teams signals from an "approved location"....thats a rule I dont recall...seems wierd? I mean who cares of the location if your getting the same info...do you know where that rule is listed? Id love to see it, prob clear things up in my mind a bit too..

I don't know the exact rule but it's was alluded to a lot when Spygate broke. Something about taping from the coaches box is allowed and something about the location having to be "covered". Also, teams can ask for permission to tape from other locations. For example, last year the Jets asked the Pats if they could tape from the endzones when the Jets visited Foxboro. The Pats said ok but them something happened that upset the Pats. I think the Jets were caught taping from another section of the stands and the Pats were pissed about it. There's a lot more to this story than most people know about. Hopefully all the details about the BB/Mangini rift will come out some day but it probably won't be for a long time.

This guy is all over the place:

On Friday, Walsh told ESPN he is uncertain whether he would voluntarily meet with a Senate committee, if asked. Previously, however, he expressed a willingness to tell league officials what he knows if they should call.

"I wouldn't lie to them about anything, and especially because I don't know what they have," Walsh said. "I don't know what evidence they have. So there is no reason for me to lie to anybody, anyways. It is one thing for me to say, 'Hey, look, just not gonna talk about it.' It is not like a felony or crime or something where I got to go on a stand in court and swear on a Bible or something. It is the kind of thing where for me, personally, it could potentially do more harm to talk about it than not talk about it.

"But if the league contacted me and said, 'Did you do this? Did you do that? …' Maybe they have evidence I did, so I am not going to say, 'No, I didn't.'"

He has family back in New England who, he said, could be in harm's way if he damages the Patriots with any information he might disclose. Even in Hawaii, he remains a New England season-ticket holder. And he said he worries about how he might be perceived by future employers if he blows the whistle on the Patriots.

And he wondered aloud what might be in it for him if he does.

Its funny that he got a job as a golf pro because of his time on the golf team but his college has no record of him being on the golf team.

Like I've been saying since September. No one gets caught cheating teh very first time they do it. The Pats have probaby been cheating ever since Bellichick took over.

For the hundredth time, WHY DO YOU THINK BB HATED MANGINI SO MUCH WHEN HE DECIDED TO LEAVE? Mangini was his freakin' ball boy in the beginning. BB groomed him and Mangini knew everything. BB didn't just feel betrayed, he felt scared.

The truth is out there people. Who knows if it will be Mangini or Matt Walsh or the man-in-the-moon. Bottom line is, New England is about to go from the latest dynasty to a bigger fraud than Rosie Ruiz. Stay tuned. :blink:

Are you saying this wasn't reported? Cause it was.

Don't be so naive to think that Bellicheat gave up all the goods. How hard would it be soon as they got caught that night to make a call to the office and have everything removed....oh but keep the 2006 tapes cause we got caught last year and if we don't have those than they know we got rid of them all.

Like I've been saying since September. No one gets caught cheating teh very first time they do it. The Pats have probaby been cheating ever since Bellichick took over.

For the hundredth time, WHY DO YOU THINK BB HATED MANGINI SO MUCH WHEN HE DECIDED TO LEAVE? Mangini was his freakin' ball boy in the beginning. BB groomed him and Mangini knew everything. BB didn't just feel betrayed, he felt scared.

The truth is out there people. Who knows if it will be Mangini or Matt Walsh or the man-in-the-moon. Bottom line is, New England is about to go from the latest dynasty to a bigger fraud than Rosie Ruiz. Stay tuned. :)

The greatest part about this, i tune into some superbowl coverage on ESPN....

Spygate....with Pats logo is right there instead of breaking down the game....too bad for Pats fans, your cheating coach had to ruin all this enjoyment you could have been having this season and the last 2 weeks.

You won't ever be able to escape the label of admitted, proven cheaters.

I don't know the exact rule but it's was alluded to a lot when Spygate broke. Something about taping from the coaches box is allowed and something about the location having to be "covered". Also, teams can ask for permission to tape from other locations. For example, last year the Jets asked the Pats if they could tape from the endzones when the Jets visited Foxboro. The Pats said ok but them something happened that upset the Pats. I think the Jets were caught taping from another section of the stands and the Pats were pissed about it. There's a lot more to this story than most people know about. Hopefully all the details about the BB/Mangini rift will come out some day but it probably won't be for a long time.

you are confusing taping your team playing and cheating by taping an opposing coaches signal....duh

of course you can tape your team playing

So Bill Parcells and Pete Carroll were videotaping opposing teams prior to Belichick being hired?

If Carroll had all these tapes of opposing teams, how'd he turn a super bowl team with a promising future into mediocre? He must be a far worse coach than anyone ever thought.... :)

So Bill Parcells and Pete Carroll were videotaping opposing teams prior to Belichick being hired?

If Carroll had all these tapes of opposing teams, how'd he turn a super bowl team with a promising future into mediocre? He must be a far worse coach than anyone ever thought.... :)

Maybe, does that make you feel better?

Maybe, does that make you feel better?

If it was true (which I don't believe), than yes it would because it would prove BB isn't the only one doing it. If Parcells instituted this practice here (in 96), than it would be safe to assume that he also did it for the Giants, Jets and Cowboys which would just substantiate most New England fans' assumptions that most of the NFL had been doing stuff like this in some form or another. New England just happened to be the most brazen about it.

If it was true (which I don't believe), than yes it would because it would prove BB isn't the only one doing it. If Parcells instituted this practice here (in 96), than it would be safe to assume that he also did it for the Giants, Jets and Cowboys which would just substantiate most New England fans' assumptions that most of the NFL had been doing stuff like this in some form or another. New England just happened to be the most brazen about it.

Wow, so you are actually admitting that this entire spygate thing has got you down.

Like I said, I would be extremely pissed at Bellicheat for putting you fans in this position. Can't even enjoy the superbowl without all this side garbage going on.

Wow, so you are actually admitting that this entire spygate thing has got you down.

Like I said, I would be extremely pissed at Bellicheat for putting you fans in this position. Can't even enjoy the superbowl without all this side garbage going on.

Spygate doesn't have me down? Where'd I ever say that? I'll admit that for a few days afterwards I was embarrassed by it, but it happened and the league dealt with it. But I believe that a) the advantage gained from such tapes is minimal at best, and :) since I believe the practice was so prevelant league-wide I don't think it's that big of a deal even if they were video-taping for years (which I don't necessary believe)....

But I believe that a) the advantage gained from is minimal at best, and B) since I believe the practice was so prevelant league-wide I don't think it's that big of a deal even if I was cheating for years

I'm with you, Barry... :unsure:

They're all just haters out there :D

Not that I care either way....

But let's say they have tapes of every team's defensive signals from last year and beyond. How many teams completely scrapped their defensive scheme before this year?

Spygate....with Pats logo is right there instead of breaking down the game....too bad for Pats fans, your cheating coach had to ruin all this enjoyment you could have been having this season and the last 2 weeks.

You won't ever be able to escape the label of admitted, proven cheaters.

You are making a very presumptuous statement. If you've noticed, most Pats fans on nthis site just bury their heads in the sand and pretend that the cheating never happened and that it had no effect on any of their Super Bowl victories.

It won't matter if that Walsh guy gets called onto teh stand and admits that he's been illegally taping since 2001. The Pats fans will just pretend it never happened.

You are making a very presumptuous statement. If you've noticed, most Pats fans on nthis site just bury their heads in the sand and pretend that the cheating never happened and that it had no effect on any of their Super Bowl victories.

It won't matter if that Walsh guy gets called onto teh stand and admits that he's been illegally taping since 2001. The Pats fans will just pretend it never happened.

That's it, though, they are pretending. They have a sick feeling in their stomach today with all these new allegations coming out yesterday and today.

again taping signals is not illegal

taping them from the sideline is.

lets stick with some facts in the case.

taping a walkthrough practice is definitely wrong. The Patriots have said they have ZERO knowledge of this and the source is not identified. it cannot be taken seriously unless the source identifies himself. (although it would not surprise me)

taping a walkthrough practice is definitely wrong. The Patriots have said they have ZERO knowledge of this and the source is not identified. it cannot be taken seriously unless the source identifies himself. (although it would not surprise me)

What did you expect them to say? They can't even be honest about their players' injuries, do you really think they're going to be truthful about their cheating?

Remember this...where there's smoke, there's fire. If people are suddenly coming forward and people are whispering that this is about to bust wide-open...it probably is.

What did you expect them to say? They can't even be honest about their players' injuries, do you really think they're going to be truthful about their cheating?

Remember this...where there's smoke, there's fire. If people are suddenly coming forward and people are whispering that this is about to bust wide-open...it probably is.

Where there is smoke theres fire?

Like Sean Taylor?

Like Randy Moss and this girl?

:D

nice analysis :unsure: