Sign in to follow this  
jhud423

McFadden

Is he worth a buy low? I'm thinking about trying to package MJD in a deal to get him, especially since MJD is out indefinitely.

Thoughts?

Is he worth a buy low? I'm thinking about trying to package MJD in a deal to get him, especially since MJD is out indefinitely.

Thoughts?

McFadden has arguably the best schedule in the league going forward. I have him in every league I'm in and wouldn't trade him for right now for anything short of the upper tier of RB's thus far this season. Probably someone along the lines of Foster, Rice, Peterson, McCoy, Richardson, Charles,etc. Even then I'd have to consider their schedule as well.

After this weekend his value will skyrocket!..........or plummet!

Sadly, i think this is true. It's do or die time now for the people that drafted him.

FYI, the ESPN Fantasy Underground podcast leads off by going in depth on McFadden. I haven't listened to it yet but figured I'd share.

yeah, you might not want to listen to that if you're a mcfadden owner

yeah, you might not want to listen to that if you're a mcfadden owner

can you sum it up - cliffnotes style?? thanks.

FYI, the ESPN Fantasy Underground podcast leads off by going in depth on McFadden. I haven't listened to it yet but figured I'd share.

link

Basically, similarly to CJ2K the line stinks; it's not McFadden.

can you sum it up - cliffnotes style?? thanks.

Basically the o line is terrible, no one is getting to the second level so all the linebackers are roaming free which is why you're not seeing any big gains. They've actually started throwing in more power running plays since the bye.

Said they don't see McFadden as being right there on the edge of blowing up like they did Chris Johnson (which they did talk about the week before he blew up). Would rather have McGahee rest of the way.

link

Basically, similarly to CJ2K the line stinks; it's not McFadden.

Chris Johnson is running just fine. And McFadden is having trouble behind his OL right now but Goodson sure isn't when he gets in the game. Maybe it's McFadden...maybe he needs to be more patient. Maybe the ZBS isn't a good fit for him.

FWIW - When it comes to fantasy I ignore anything ESPN says.

I'm going to try to trade for DMC right now most likely.

Depends on where you strengths and weaknesses are. I'm WR heavy, RB weak. If I can get a deal on DMC who has some upside and good playoff week matchups, may be worth it. If you don't have enough depth at one position, the risk is much higher.

It seems the Raiders are committed to DMC in the run game and starting to try things to get him yards. Can their personnel pull any of it off in enough weeks so he gets you some points? maybe. Coin flip at best.

McFadden has arguably the best schedule in the league going forward. I have him in every league I'm in and wouldn't trade him for right now for anything short of the upper tier of RB's thus far this season. Probably someone along the lines of Foster, Rice, Peterson, McCoy, Richardson, Charles,etc. Even then I'd have to consider their schedule as well.

Good luck getting any of those for him right now.

Chris Johnson is running just fine. And McFadden is having trouble behind his OL right now but Goodson sure isn't when he gets in the game. Maybe it's McFadden...maybe he needs to be more patient. Maybe the ZBS isn't a good fit for him.

FWIW - When it comes to fantasy I ignore anything ESPN says.

I have the same thoughts regarding Goodson. The game this weekend is tremendous for DMC from a fantasy perspective. If he dud's all of his owners are going to freak out and start to full on panic. But if he goes off it could be a get well game.

I've been offered numerous trades for DMC this week but I refuse to sell. I'd rather take my chances and hope he gets it going this week.

Foster, Rice or Peterson for DMC?

are you smoking something?

I have the same thoughts regarding Goodson. The game this weekend is tremendous for DMC from a fantasy perspective. If he dud's all of his owners are going to freak out and start to full on panic. But if he goes off it could be a get well game.

I've been offered numerous trades for DMC this week but I refuse to sell. I'd rather take my chances and hope he gets it going this week.

I think that's all you can hope for. But if he doesn't put up solid numbers I'd say it's time to get rid of him and have him be someone else's problem

You serious, kid? Quit dreaming...

No chance.

Foster, Rice or Peterson for DMC?

are you smoking something?

this

You serious, kid? Quit dreaming...

Yall need to read better. Nowhere does he say he thinks he could get those guys for McFadden.

Yall need to read better. Nowhere does he say he thinks he could get those guys for McFadden.

Umm, this is a thread about DMC' s worth.... He said who he would have to have in return..

What is your point again?

:dunno:

Umm, this is a thread about DMC' s worth.... He said who he would have to have in return..

He's saying that's how high HE is on him. Not that he thinks he could get those players in return.

His point is invalid

He's saying that's how high HE is on him. Not that he thinks he could get those players in return.

"I have him in every league I'm in and wouldn't trade him for right now for anything short of the upper tier of RB's thus far this season. Probably someone along the lines of Foster, Rice, Peterson, McCoy, Richardson, Charles,etc"

right now

trade

something along the lines of..

No chance.

I wouldn't trade dmc for Trent. DMC is a product of terrible coaching, bad qb play and that awful zone rushing scheme. Those excuses aside, he is still disappointing.

As a DMC owner - this is his "sh!t or get off the pot" game. I've watched the Raiders a lot this year & it's been extremely frustrating. No holes, and guys on D in the backfield on one step. They may have the worst O line in the league. Another thing is they telegraph the play & hole every damn time....and where has he been in the passing game? I think he caught 11 the first game but not much after...? WTF?

He has had about 3-4 carries of 20+ that were ALL called back for holding. If you factor those runs in his #s wouldn't be as bad, but still a concern.

He's my RB 2 but I'm still expecting more than what's been given. Hopefully this is his week.

He's running scared now. ( see Fred Taylor) he was a dynamic runner but couldn't stay healthy. DMC is now playing not to get hurt as well. It's become quite obvious. Can you blame him? He gets hurt like every 35 carries.

I just moved McFadden for Ridley and Andre Johnson. I wasn't actively shopping him but I thought the offer was more than fair. I also have him on two other teams so it made sense to diversify a bit. At 2-5, I had to shake things up.

I tried getting him and Celek for Richardson/Hardesty, Rivers and DHB and the mcfadden owner rejected. His schedule is too good to trade

As a DMC owner - this is his "sh!t or get off the pot" game. I've watched the Raiders a lot this year & it's been extremely frustrating. No holes, and guys on D in the backfield on one step. They may have the worst O line in the league. Another thing is they telegraph the play & hole every damn time....and where has he been in the passing game? I think he caught 11 the first game but not much after...? WTF?

He has had about 3-4 carries of 20+ that were ALL called back for holding. If you factor those runs in his #s wouldn't be as bad, but still a concern.

He's my RB 2 but I'm still expecting more than what's been given. Hopefully this is his week.

They're utilizing Goodson in the passing game, also a lot on 3rd and long draws which would be some nice junk yards for Dmac.

Oh, I know I'm not getting them, that's sort of the point. The Raiders beat my sorry ass Steelers in Wk3 by riding McFadden. They've eased off since then on him, but now sitting at 2-4 and only 1 game out of first place now, and with the softest schedule in the league remaining, now is the time to ride your horses. His value right now is too low to get any real return on him, but his ceiling is potentially too high to take a lesser or equal back in exchange for him.

just traded him and lance moore for mccoy.

Very fair trade. Looks like a preference trade. A couple guys sick of what they got and thinking the grass may be greener on the other side.

Oh, I know I'm not getting them, that's sort of the point. The Raiders beat my sorry ass Steelers in Wk3 by riding McFadden. They've eased off since then on him, but now sitting at 2-4 and only 1 game out of first place now, and with the softest schedule in the league remaining, now is the time to ride your horses. His value right now is too low to get any real return on him, but his ceiling is potentially too high to take a lesser or equal back in exchange for him.

I agree. I wouldnt trade him right now. He has a good match up this week so I would ride out this week. He either puts up points or gets shut down in which case I think it would be time to trade

I agree. I wouldnt trade him right now. He has a good match up this week so I would ride out this week. He either puts up points or gets shut down in which case I think it would be time to trade

I think in most cases he is definitely a hold. And if he doesn't do well in KC he's still a hold. He's still healthy, still a freak athlete, why would you draw a line in the sand at week 8 if his value drops even lower? As most are saying, elite talents like Chris Johnson and McFadden are worth waiting for instead of giving them up for ¢.50 on the $1.00.