Sign in to follow this  
tburman15

BIG Trade Proposal! What should I do?

I am in a 16 team league. We must carry 2 QB's, 3 RB, and 4 WR, no more no less. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR. My team looks like below:

QB: Brees, Warner

RB: Rudi, Jacobs, Lewis

WR: Roy. Williams, B. Edwards, G. Jennings, D. Mason.

I had to pick up Warner this morning due to Brees being horrible this year. I am currently 4-1 and have probably the best overall WR group in the league. the league point system is as follows:

WR stats= 1 point/25 yards, 6 point/TD, 2 bonus points every 100 yards.

QB stats= 1 point/50 yards 4 points/TD 2 bonus points every 300 yards.

Today I was jut offered Marvin Harrison and Chad Pennington for Drew Brees and D. Mason (or Jennings).

Should I do this? A starting WR group consisting of R. Williams, B edwards and Harrison has me salivating. but should I do it?

Does Brees ever get back on track? Will Harrison rebound this year and stay/get on the field (injury)? Is Harrison that much better than Mason/Jennings? Will Warner put up better/as good as numbers than Brees the rest of the season? I keep waiting for brees to get it together and it may never happen. Should I just stick with my team since my WR are already strong. Or is Harrison just a name now since Wayne has taken over the #1 spot? If I do this, who do I give up, Mason or Jennings? Pennington is terrible and hopefully I never have to play him and warner stays healthy, is this risk to much?

I should be a lock for the Playoffs and Brees has so much upside if he puts it together I should dominate but if harrison plays well I should also domintate, but he has been killing me the last couple of weeks and I like what warner can do. I have so many questions, What should I do?

post yours and I will answer

I am in a 16 team league. We must carry 2 QB's, 3 RB, and 4 WR, no more no less. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR. My team looks like below:

I had to pick up Warner this morning due to Brees being horrible this year. I am currently 4-1 and have probably the best overall WR group in the league. the league point system is as follows:

Today I was jut offered Marvin Harrison and Chad Pennington for Drew Brees and D. Mason (or Jennings).

Should I do this? A starting WR group consisting of R. Williams, B edwards and Harrison has me salivating. but should I do it?

Does Brees ever get back on track? Will Harrison rebound this year and stay/get on the field (injury)? Is Harrison that much better than Mason/Jennings? Will Warner put up better/as good as numbers than Brees the rest of the season? I keep waiting for brees to get it together and it may never happen. Should I just stick with my team since my WR are already strong. Or is Harrison just a name now since Wayne has taken over the #1 spot? If I do this, who do I give up, Mason or Jennings? Pennington is terrible and hopefully I never have to play him and warner stays healthy, is this risk to much?

I should be a lock for the Playoffs and Brees has so much upside if he puts it together I should dominate but if harrison plays well I should also domintate, but he has been killing me the last couple of weeks and I like what warner can do. I have so many questions, What should I do?

Do it. Brees has been terrible. Read Rotoworld and you'll see now questions about arm strength. Pennington probably would be no worse to backup Warner, though track if Leinart beats expectations and comes back a bit early. Mason has nice PPR numbers but no TDs.

Marvin Harrison has been slow out the gates and Indy is spreading the ball to Clark in addition to Wayne, so his numbers will probably be decent/good but rarely great.

Just don't trade Jennings.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=294605

Ditto what others said about Harrison's health. And if you can give up Jennings then it's a lock.

Mason gets so many looks...hard to get rid of him.

I also don't think Brees/the Aints will get back on track. Maybe for a game or two...but not enough to rely on.

Bree's is horrible this year, warner will put up better numbers and you gain harrison at a buy low. Do this now

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=294617

But do you guys think that harrison will put up many more point than Jennings? basically that is what it come down to. Harrison or Jennings, I will still have Jennings but he would normally be starting, now he is riding the pine if i get harrison.

So right now I am def. leaning toward making this deal and giving up Mason. I just realized Lienert is gone for the year so as long as Warner stays healthy I will be in good shape. I would just hate to have to rely on Pennington as my main QB. There are 16 teams in this league and everyone has to take 2 QB's so there is no one on the WW at all for me to pick up. Anyone else have any suggestions to convince me to do this for sure. IS it worth the risk to trust in warner, and will Harrison really get me that many more points then Jennings or Mason. I am thinking that Harrison will finish the year with around 1000 yards and 6-7 TD's, which is probably what Jennings will get me. Do you guys think harrison will finish with better numbers than that, especially with wayne, addia, and Clark in that offense. Also I will hate myself if I do this and Brees throws for 300 and 3 TD's this weekeend

No question at all you take the deal. Brees and Jennings for Pennington and Harrison. I think that last year was a bit of an anomaly, but I still think that Brees is good. I just think the O-line is playing poorly and Brees' production suffers becasue of it. I don't think he will get any better this year.

Please Respond to Mine

Do the deal and give Jennings. Mason has been getting a ton of looks and is the #1 there. Jennings has to share the ball more then Mason. Either way you'll never play either over Harrison. With Warner being the starter the rest of the season and the talent on that team, I think you'll be fine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry3354196

I dunno about this, since Hanging Chad may just become Dissapearing Chad in a few weeks. I think that Brees has more upside than Pennington right now, and you need to consider the fact that Warner is pretty durn old to be playing a young man's sport - If he gets hurt, your QB situation is terrible, and slim pickings on the waiver wire. I'd say that if you're leading your division, don't trade (and keep more QB positional security). If you need to make a change to win more matchups, then drop the dime on the trade.

If Warner gets hurt, then I would be stuck with Chad, but if chad loses his job, then I can always pick up Clemens. But then I will be stuck with Clemens as a #1, scary. Anyway right now I have been winning with Brees only getting me 4-5 points a game. So any other QB can't possibly do any worse. BUt I dont know if I should look at that as a good thing or bad thing. Should I stay since I am winning despite Brees and wait till he gets it together, or take the risk for more points everyweek with warner and harrison. Warner, pennington, clemens can't do any worse than Brees, could they? I should without a doubt make the playoffs but I have to decide which will take me to the finals.

Nothing new to add. I say do it. Warner could be a solid starter here on out, so I don't think loosing Brees hurts too much for a solid upgrade at WR.

I have to agree with the others, do the trade. Harrison will be great and I think Brees will have a few big games, but he's not the elite QB he was last year.

Thanks for mine

Yes, do it. Harrison is a stud, Brees has been a dud. Make sure that you backup Warner though with someone a bit better than Pennington. I'd drop Pennington for a better QB after your trade. Harrison is the guy you want.

Thanks for mine.

I'd do the trade, too. BUT - Warner IS injury prone, and I'd try and pick up another QB via the WW - OR trade with another owner for a better backup.

Get rid of Mason over Jennings!!! GB has NO running game, and Favre is much better at this point than McNair.

(Thanks for mine; Trade for Griese.)