Poll: Better Defense

Better Defense This Week  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Defense is the better start

• New England vs Jets
    • Buffalo vs Oakland

Vote, add rationale

I vote Buffalo. Here are my thoughts:

1) Buffalo's front 7 is really really good; much better than NE's. I think front 7 talent makes a D consistent.

2) I think BUF is in a position right now where they have more to play for than NE.

3) I think the D players on NE think they can take a few plays off and still easily win games. I don't think BUF D/ST players think that.

4) NYJ seems to play NE tough every time they play them. They know each other and can exploit things that won't be the case in the BUF/OAK matchup.

5) East Coast teams going West to play is not nearly as difficult as the reverse, so BUF being away won't be nearly as big a deal.

Buffalo because the Jets (especially at home) just seem to play the Pats a little closer than they should. Dunno if the Pats play down or Rexy knows Belichick that well. :dunno:

Well thought out justification, I had not considered some of these aspets, thanks for the input.

- Pats

there's blood in the water, hoodie can fockin' smell it.

this has the makings of a 44-0 debacle ... nothing the former 'hc of the nyj' would relish more than curb stompin' Rexy on the way to the #1 seed.

it's personal, and will get UGLY.

ps- FOCK FIREMAN ED

Buffalo by a smidge because the difference in FF pts scored between them and the Pats is greater than the difference in FF pts allowed to defenses between the Jets and Raiders.

Carr is a really good talent and he can do some things. The Jets are flat out horrible - they've got nothing. Give me NE all day.

I highly doubt NE can shut down Peyton AND Rogers in back to back weeks.

they don't have to.

they have to shut down Geno fockin' Smith.

in a game where the Pats offense will score at will, putting AIR GENO on the hot seat.

yeah, I like those chances.