Sign in to follow this  
Alimony Tony

Round 1 Commentary

Obvious choice here, Ronnie Brown!

Ricky Williams is now my nemesis.

Shouldn't that go in the pinned Summary Thread?? :mad:

I can't believe my boy Cedric is still on the board. :thumbsup:

2 no-brainer picks for the 1st 2 selections...

2 no-brainer picks for the 1st 2 selections...

yep. the people who took them over Cedric apparently don't have a brain. :bench:

:dunno:

Could we please slow this fraft down. I'm having trouble keeping up. :huh:

Very happy to add Edwards and Williamson... :huh:

Very happy to add Edwards and Williamson... :(

Edwards + Williamson = Owens :bandana:

Now I've added Benson to the fold.

Alexander, Dillon, Taylor, O Smith, Morris, R Williams, Benson

Could be a tremendous backfield or on the flipside only Dillon starting/playing. SO many questions to be answered with these guys. The one thing I do know is Smith is on the shelf.

Through 6 picks the draft has gone as expected.

Could be a tremendous backfield or on the flipside only Dillon starting/playing. SO many questions to be answered with these guys. The one thing I do know is Smith is on the shelf.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Alexander starts.

if he doesn't hold out.

Either way, that's a pretty stout RB corps.

BTW, how did Alexander and Dillon lead you to the 3rd pick???

Interested in doing some kind of deal for him? You were pimping 1.03 out earlier.

if he doesn't hold out.

Either way, that's a pretty stout RB corps.

BTW, how did Alexander and Dillon lead you to the 3rd pick???

They didn't. My lack of QB play did. McNair and Pennington were in the ER all year. I just got Brooks recently. It's difficult to win without a QB.

if he doesn't hold out.

Jose Miguel Romero, of the Seattle Times, reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander said again he won't play unless he gets a long-term contract, but he remains confident that will happen. If not, Alexander is prepared to sit and wait, even into the regular season. Alexander said signing the team's $6.32 million franchise tender is "out of the question." When asked if it will come down to not playing without a long-term deal, he replied, "Pretty much, yeah."

Alexander denied he and Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren have a bad relationship. Alexander said he wanted to have his contract extended earlier in his career. "I told them three years ago that I love playing here and let's do something now. Let's meet," Alexander said. "It was just me and Mike [Holmgren]. There were no agents involved. I said, 'You know what? My wife's here. My family's here. I want to be here until I retire. It's really funny because back then I would have worked for peanuts." The Seahawks are forbidden to reopen negotiations with Alexander until July 15, per NFL rules.

Interested in doing some kind of deal for him? You were pimping 1.03 out earlier.

Guess not. :huh:

No QB and the fact you ran up against Scorp!!!!

Anyway, is it my turn yet? is it my turn yet?

:D :ph34r: :banana: :pointstosky:

Sorry for the delay. At least it was not of Funer proportions.

Shelton seemed to be the guy the 'experts' liked. If Goings could put up big numbers last year, I guess Shelton could do the same. :sleep:

Sorry for the delay. At least it was not of Funer proportions.

Shelton seemed to be the guy the 'experts' liked. If Goings could put up big numbers last year, I guess Shelton could do the same. :bench:

I was hoping he might drop a couple more spots.

I'm surprised to see Clayton go ahead of Gore. I guess OB1 didn't want to have Gore's health issues on his hands.

I'm surprised to see Clayton go ahead of Gore. I guess OB1 didn't want to have Gore's health issues on his hands.

Have you seen his WRs? Plus, he's already pretty stacked at RB.

I like the Clayton pick. Especially since it let Gore fall to me :pointstosky:

I hope Clayton has a helluva year. It means more running room for the Jamal Train.

Have you seen his WRs? Plus, he's already pretty stacked at RB.

I like the Clayton pick. Especially since it let Gore fall to me :blink:

My WRs aren't THAT bad. :huh:

Anyway, with Jones, Jones, and McGahee, I feel pretty damn good about my RBs for the moment, and with Barlow in SF, Gore doesn't appear at first glance to have a starting job. Clayton is a talent who landed in a nice situation. Baltimore is trying to expand their offense, and with Mason there Clayton won't be asked to be the savior right away. Boller concerns me, but I think this kid is going to have a pretty good career, and yes, my WRs need the help. :headbanger:

I toyed with taking Gore over Shelton at 1.7, but the numbers posted by scrub CAR RBs was far better than starting SF RBs. According to some of the mock drafts, Gore went higher than expected, although, as I said, I like the pick.

I toyed with taking Gore over Shelton at 1.7, but the numbers posted by scrub CAR RBs was far better than starting SF RBs. According to some of the mock drafts, Gore went higher than expected, although, as I said, I like the pick.

Plus, he invented professional football! So he's got that going for him. :lol:

I toyed with taking Gore over Shelton at 1.7, but the numbers posted by scrub CAR RBs was far better than starting SF RBs.  According to some of the mock drafts, Gore went higher than expected, although, as I said, I like the pick.

Plus, he invented professional football! So he's got that going for him. :mad:

:lol:

I like Fason pick, I think he is the guy who will eventually rise to the top of the Minny RB situation. With Bennett already in tow and O.Smith likely suspended, it moves torrid a step closer to suring up a RB spot. :lol:

I like Fason pick, I think he is the guy who will eventually rise to the top of the Minny RB situation. With Bennett already in tow and O.Smith likely suspended, it moves torrid a step closer to suring up a RB spot. ;)

I don't believe any of the Minny situation until I actually see it.

Still no real surprises yet to me...

I like Fason pick, I think he is the guy who will eventually rise to the top of the Minny RB situation.  With Bennett already in tow and O.Smith likely suspended, it moves torrid a step closer to suring up a RB spot.  :rolleyes:

likely? Isn't he officially done for the year?

oh, and thanks for the love.

The news came out while I was on my honeymoon I guess. I just saw an article from June 7th stating just that. First i'd seen.

The news came out while I was on my honeymoon I guess. I just saw an article from June 7th stating just that. First i'd seen.

whew! You eskeered me!

Shame on you for focking and relaxing instead of keeping up with offseason NFL news!

and who the heck voted for drafting players not even eligible for the NFL draft ?????

Preach on, brotha!