Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Check in for 05 Season

I've created a new Yahoo league just like last year. Honestly, I'm just a little too lazy to set up anything else, but if I get motivated and the crew here opts to pop a few bucks for a snazzier league home, that's fine. I'll use MFL.

So, the organizing process begins. zmanzzz and t.j will not be joining us this year. I have no idea if there will be any others leaving. Of course, we have that nasty little rule that's supposed to kick out the losers, but then again, I'm too lazy to do all that recruiting. I'll put out some feelers to replace those two, and I won't be surprised if a couple others do not return.

Faff, I finally have a commitment on your prize, so hopefully you'll get it before the start of this season. Look at it this way: Less wear and tear because of the delay!

Drop me an email and I will forward the Yahoo information so you can claim your spot. That's all for now.

fftdpatron@yahoo.com

I doubt espn will support our format. I'm comfortable with Yahoo. If there's a loud enough wail, then a few bucks will get us a real annual home at MFL, which is probably the best site for our purposes. Email me for the Yahoo information.

i give up with this league, yahoos fine with me. guess ill just have to switch my focus to to my 16 team idp'er

Oh its this site where i get money every month for doing nothing, i gotta remove it from my sig!

Same here, but i hope Zap can replace the loser owners we had with some good competition.

I'm in Alaska this weekend. When I get back home I'll start seriously reorganizing the league. I prefer everyone to at least email me once to let me know they're in, and I can send the league info out.

Diesel, I don't understand your "give up on this league." ESPN's free leagues may support our format. I'll look a little closer. It may be a nice upgrade, but Yahoo handles 25 man rosters, 25 round drafts, IDP scoring, etc., all for free. You give up because I'm not interested in another freebie that could be worse? And before you whine about the competition you should at least make a decent showing in the playoffs. :pointstosky:

I'll be in Hawaii again, as usual, early this August, the 3rd - 9th. I can draft any time after that, and as usual, prefer to push it as close to the opener as possible.

I want to have a combination draft, by the way. Year one, we had a slow board draft that frustrated everyone. Year two we had a live draft that was a little fubar from start to finish, especially in the end. This year I would like to knock out several rounds, on a schedule, with a time limit, her on the board; and finish the draft live the first week of September. This two way hybrid may be the best apporach to a 25 round redraft. Thoughts?

My early plan. By Monday the 18th of July, I will have everybody contacted, in or out, and start filling the voids. If you know of someone you think is worhy of a spot, I'm listening. By Monday the 25th, I will have the league filled, and a decision made regarding the draft method, time and date, etc. If during that time we have a consensus for an MFL home, I'll set it up.

If my idea of a split draft is acceptable I would like to open the board draft Tuesday August 23rd, or earlier if so decided. That only leaves one meaningless pre-season game on the schedule, and we should all be safe from injury from there. Someone will probably get screwed, but it's about the time most live drafts are going strong anyway. We should be able to knock out 10-15 rounds before the first weekend of September, and between that Saturday and Wednesday before the opener we can decide on a time to finish it off live.

Diesel, I don't understand your "give up on this league."  ESPN's free leagues may support our format.  I'll look a little closer.  It may be a nice upgrade, but Yahoo handles 25 man rosters, 25 round drafts, IDP scoring, etc., all for free.  You give up because I'm not interested in another freebie that could be worse?  And before you whine about the competition you should at least make a decent showing in the playoffs.  :cry:

Yahoo can handle alot, but i don't think they are able to handle scoring errors. That costed me a victory last year. You couldnt override it, but. i don't know if it was becasue you couldnt do so (which i like to believe) or if you just didn't want to. That seriously pissed me off. If we had a league somewhere else, i think we could have avoided this. I was never 'whining' about the competition, i think its great here. I :rolleyes: it! Last years draft was bad for me with all the hurricanes we had, so not making the playoffs doesn't bother me. I did one yahoo draft already this year and one player who went in 2nd round of the NFl draft, and who is a well known player, is not even in the player-pool, WTF is up with that? I dont hate yahoo, just dont really care for them, but if you decide to stick with them, thats fine.

I want to have a combination draft, by the way.  Year one, we had a slow board draft that frustrated everyone.  Year two we had a live draft that was a little fubar from start to finish, especially in the end.  This year I would like to knock out several rounds, on a schedule, with a time limit, her on the board; and finish the draft live the first week of September.  This two way hybrid may be the best apporach to a 25 round redraft.  Thoughts? 

In my 16 team league, were doing this same exact thing. The only problem is when you hit a bump in the road. 1 owner hasnt checked-in in the past 3 days. This has frusturated alot of owners, so if you go this route, just make all the members are on the same page and are able to check in every 3 hrs or so (except between 12-8am)

In my 16 team league, were doing this same exact thing. The only problem is when you hit a bump in the road. 1 owner hasnt checked-in in the past 3 days. This has frusturated alot of owners, so if you go this route, just make all the members are on the same page and are able to check in every 3 hrs or so (except between 12-8am)

Right about the problem. One person can fall out and make the whole process a pain. Two or three can be negligent and it can become a total headache. The solution that has worked in mock drafts is to send lists. That's dicey with a real league, but I may have a solution.

I'll get us a fanball draftroom again, and then owners can simply queue up their next pick (or two for the corners) when they check in and aren't up yet, but are close. The fanball draftroom worked great for all but one person, and it can be opened anytime and left open for a slow draft. The tools become more valuable for a slow draft.

Ya my other league is ran through fanball, but were doing our draft on myfantasyleague. It sends out emails when people pick, but this guy hasnt checked in for 3 days, people in the league are very irritated, but what can you do?

I'd really rather we just did a live draft from start to finish. I hate having to send in lists cuz I like to see what's going on right up to my pick. Following trends in the draft is a huge part of deciding which way you want to go with a pick. And for me, being in Korea (STILL), most of my picks would end up requiring I sent lists off because of the time difference.

Sonm, understood, but 25 rounds in one sitting wasn' t a cup of tea either. Checking in once or twice a day is all I would ask, list or not, for the board version of the draft. If everyone could accomplish at least that from the 23rd to the 1st, then we'd only have fifteen rounds to worry about live. If we got on a little run during that time frame, we could get a few more rounds in, and then this whole process might be much smoother and LESS of a headache.

Of course, the cart is ahead of the horse right now. I have to contact everybody. I know zman and t.j are gone. I'm pretty sure we lost 420 too. I won't be surprised to have lost someone else in the long off-season. I'll get a group email out tonight.

Wonder why their all leaving? :banana:

zman got booted. t.j has too much going on and is trying to be less involved in FF. 420 had a stroke, but seems to be doing better.

What is your problem?

I'm game for anything, makes no matter to me...as long as I get my shirt <_<

J/K Zap

Yes Butcher, you're welcome back. Saves me some recruiting I barely have time for, and gives you a chance to save face. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the downtime, gents. I've been dealing with a family crisis I'd rather not discuss online, but it was major.

I should be active the next couple of days, then I have "business" in Hawaii from Saturday the 30th through the following Saturday.

I've been dealing with a family crisis I'd rather not discuss online, but it was major.

LINK!! :mad:

Yes Butcher, you're welcome back. Saves me some recruiting I barely have time for, and gives you a chance to save face. :argue:

:banana:

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

I've been dealing with a family crisis I'd rather not discuss online, but it was major.

I hope all is well now. I myself went through a major family crisis a few months ago so my prayers are with you.

I'm really going to have to get on this when I get back from Hawaii.

Checked in so far.

1. Me

2. Diesel

3. Faff (Doc J)

4. Sonm

5. Butcher

Missing

6. l13r

7. RLLD

8. teddyt

9. PIK

10. 420 (maybe gone)

Need to be replaced.

11. t.j

12. zman

I know RLLD is around. I'm not sure if he's coming back to the league. Same with PIK, who is in my other two leagues. teddyt and l13r have never been regulars during the offseason, but I suspect/hope they'll both show up soon. 420 is a question mark.

At the minimum, I need two new owners. Chances are I need to find three or four. I'm pretty sure I have one replacement ready to go who will be excellent. Since I'll be gone for tomorrow through the following weekend, things will be slow around here until then.

Okay, after a brief invasion of waveman's privacy (he's concerned about our diminishing freedoms), I searched his posts, and decided to allow him a coveted spot in our illustrious league.

So:

In for sure:

1. Me

2. Diesel

3. Faff (Doc J)

4. Sonm

5. Butcher

6. waveman

probables:

7. RLLD

8. teddyt

9. PIK

10. l13r

Still need two, maybe more.

In for sure:

1. Me

2. Diesel

3. Faff (Doc J)

4. Sonm

5. Butcher

6. waveman

probables:

7. RLLD

8. PIK

9. l13r

teddyt responded to email and will not be able to join us this season, but wished us all a great year.

We need three newbies for sure, maybe more. I should hear from RLLD, l13r, and PIK before my trip. IF we need 6 this is going to be a challenge. I have two solid owners on standby-- only if we absolutely need them. They're from my local league. Let's just hope the three probables all come through. If not a bunch of noobs will finally give Diesel a decent shot at this. :doublethumbsup:

:headbanger:

Diesel-- I haven't heard from RLLD one way or another. I have just recently emailed him, and the addy I have isn't one he checks regularly. I'll seek him out more directly tomorrow if he doesn't respond tonight.

Perch-- Shoot me an email. Obviously I have openings and you're more than likely welcome to a spot, but I have a few questions I'd like answered.

1. When are you NOT available between 8-23 and the opener?

2. Have you played IDPs before?

3. Yada Yada.

kickerless@hotmail.com

In for sure:

1. Me

2. Diesel

3. Faff (Doc J)

4. Sonm

5. Butcher

6. waveman

7. PIK

probables:

8. RLLD

9. l13r

possibles:

1. Perch44... er fruitjacket

PIK is confirmed. :blink:

Guest perch44

fruitjacket????? actually, my brother is on this forum and his name is FruitJacket :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fruitjacket????? actually, my brother is on this forum and his name is FruitJacket :shocking: :D :shocking: :blink:

Alright. Where's my email?

Guest perch44

i sent you an email a little while ago.

Now you have mail with even more questions.

Why did your brother get banned?

I thought I was uninvited after my dismal performance, is this not the case, or is it just manlove for the Driver :cry: :bench:

I'm in....why the hell did T.J. quit? :shocking:

He explained it to me, but it's not a very good explanation. I think he just wants to focus on Bacon and real life.

;)