Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Football Homers -- Replacement Needed

buffalobillsfll has backed out on us, so we need to start thinking about a replacement. Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions on this? I think the wisest thing would be to ask any member of the baseball league that's not in the football league if they want in first.

Anybody else have any comments?

jasper is in, now we just ahev to fiund one replacement.

Who's not in the football league thats in the baseball league?

torrid

burt

mcbokonon

that it? :angry:

jasper is in, now we just ahev to fiund one replacement.

Who's not in the football league thats in the baseball league?

torrid

burt

mcbokonon

that it? :cheers:

Nope. I'd rather shove a used edjr buttplug up my pooper...and I have no interest in that either.

We cant even get through a 2 round draft in 3 days. Why would I wanna go through a draft 10 times longer? Once a year with you guys is plenty enough for me.

I'm interested. Anyone have the Skins, or as a backup, the Hawks?

no one has the skins. No one knows what their secondary team is as of yet. We all select our one team, and then you are assigned a random team of the opposite conference.

It's ok with me to allow torrid in if that's ok with everyone else <_<

wait, laxboy has the skins i think... <_<

We should get more teams this year anyway.

the only downside is that you can't give everyone two teams then...

Not that I'm getting the impression everyone was happy with that format or anything...

:thumbsup:

If enough people are interested, I think we should add more teams and nix the 2-teams/owner system.

:cry:

If enough people are interested, I think we should add more teams and nix the 2-teams/owner system.

Yeah, someone from the rams would fockin say that! :cry:

Raiders as well, have talent at all major offensive categories. What about teams that suck at one position or antother? if we change the format, we're going to have to do some major adjusting so that the league is still fun...

:lol:

Yeah, someone from the rams would fockin say that! :mad:

Fine, THEN GIVE ME THE CHARGERS! B)

:doublethumbsup:

Fine, THEN GIVE ME THE CHARGERS! :mad:

I think edjr wants them ;)

What about doing the first round where you can draft ANYONE? Then being stuck with your two teams after that? :lol:

or, better yet...

how about we allow everyone the opportunity, ONE TIME ONLY, to select any player from any NFL team anytime in the draft that is available. So if I took Priest in the first, I would still have the option of taking someone from a different team later in the draft as Priest has played for KC? :doublethumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

Fine, THEN GIVE ME THE CHARGERS! :mad:

I think edjr wants them :mellow:

What about doing the first round where you can draft ANYONE? Then being stuck with your two teams after that? :huh:

We should have ONE team and then have a draft. When that is done, have a supplemental draft of all remaining players, say 5 rounds.

edjr may be onto something :P

<_< What I think we should do is finish THIS focking draft before we worry about another one. And a novel idea it is.

If it ain't broke... I like the way it was last year.

If it ain't broke... I like the way it was last year.

It was broke!!!

No one ever traded, because no one ever needed players.

my idea roxors :thumbsup:

;)

Yeah, someone from the rams would fockin say that! :(

Raiders as well, have talent at all major offensive categories. What about teams that suck at one position or antother? if we change the format, we're going to have to do some major adjusting so that the league is still fun...

Yeah, I really tore things up last year. :huh:

If it ain't broke...  I like the way it was last year.

It was broke!!!

No one ever traded, because no one ever needed players.

my idea roxors :unsure:

Correct. Last year was pretty bad, and I'm not just saying that because of how I did. The rosters were too large and the available pool of even half-decent players was pitiful. The fact that Ron Dayne stayed on a team as long as he did is just sad.

I'm not in favor of a superstar league, but there has to be a better way than last year.

What I suggest is this:

1 - All returning owners should discuss and vote on any rule changes.

2 - Once new rules are set, recruit new teams.

3 - Fraft.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I really tore things up last year. :thumbsup:

youre going from your crappy receivers to moss and co. and hambrick to jordan :mellow:

I'm fine with torrid being in, but I think the Hawks and Skins were taken. Don't remember if they were both primary or secondary teams though.

I'm fine with torrid being in, but I think the Hawks and Skins were taken. Don't remember if they were both primary or secondary teams though.

Hawks are T-Town, skins laxboy. You can find all relevant owners in the round one page that should be on the first couple pages. You might have to select older than 30 days though, not sure.

I can email a majority of the owners from the yahoo league site if you want me to.

Another thing that might be helpful autumn is going ahead and setting up the yahoo league and then having everyone join. That way, when you need to get ahold of everyone you can send an email straight from the yahoo site. You can always go back and remove someone's team or add team's later :thumbsup:

If T-Town isn't around soon for the baseball league, I say we drop him in the football league and give the Seahawks to torrid...

If T-Town isn't around soon for the baseball league, I say we drop him in the football league and give the Seahawks to torrid...

t-town has always been around and made his picks...

The fact that Ron Dayne stayed on a team as long as he did is just sad.

He was my number 2 starting running back behind Barber. :rolleyes:

That's ok since my QBs Eli and AJ Feeley was able to pick up the slack.

:alsonotreally:

My bad, T-town, I got him confused with the Rat's Asstros' owner...

Dind't T-town hold up the main draft a helluva lot, tho? Maybe that's what I'm thinking aboot...

My bad, T-town, I got him confused with the Rat's Asstros' owner...

Dind't T-town hold up the main draft a helluva lot, tho? Maybe that's what I'm thinking aboot...

he's kinda like RCCM, not around a lot, but reliable :headbanger: