Sign in to follow this  
whoisjgalt

Follow-up VOTE: conference structure - FAILS

The following quoted section was passed by a seven to nil vote. So, we now have six playoff teams, four divisions, 13 regular season weeks, and 3 playoff weeks. We have two choices in how to organize the playoffs - a Conference structure or not. Vote yes or no on the Conference structure:

Conference:

> Canada and Northeast Conference

> West and Southeast Conference

> The best division winner from each Conference gets a week 14 playoff bye

> The other division winner plays the Conference wildcard team in week 14

Other:

> The four division winners make the playoffs

> The next two best, regardless of division, are wildcards (they could even both be from the same divison)

> The four divison winners are seeded 1-4

> The two wildcards are seeded 5-6

> Week 14 #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5

> Week 15 #1 plays the #4/#5 winner and #2 plays the #3/#6 winner

6 playoff teams (from 4)

...that would remove a regular season week to fit in the extra playoff week

...that would force a reshuffling of the divisions to fit in one less game (keeping it geographic):

West: gratefulted, whoisjgalt, dalem

Canada: walter34, camps, thin spirit

Southeast: bigmarc27, dolfan02, hoos first

Northeast: pennken, willie mcgee, fricker66

...nine weeks of non-divisional games and four weeks of divisional games for 13 total weeks of regular season and 3 playoff weeks

...then we could have two conferences each with a wildcard or just take the two best non-division winners and seed all six as appropriate without any conference structure

...the two best division winners would get byes (or each conference's best divison winner)

...it would roon the ability to only play divisional games during weeks without byes (would need six weeks for divisional games and 8 of the 13 would have byes)

Vote yes or no on the Conference structure:

Yes: (4) camps, mongo, thin spirit, jgalt

No: (6) dalem, willie mcgee, pennken, gratefulted, fricker, walter

hoos first, dolfan

Also note that the schedule document has been updated for a 13 week regular season in the Rosters & Schedules thread.

While I like the idea of conferences, the "Other" plan would allow for the best possible teams to meet in the post-season, which is the only reason expanding playoff teams to six should have been passed.

I vote Other.

Dalem:

While I like the idea of conferences, the "Other" plan would allow for the best possible teams to meet in the post-season, which is the only reason expanding playoff teams to six should have been passed.

I vote Other.

whoisjgalt:

Also note that the schedule document has been updated for a 13 week regular season in the Rosters & Schedules thread.

I concur with Senator Dalem's argument.

Since I can't read, I vote no to the conference suggestion.

Dalem:

Since I can't read, I vote no to the conference suggestion.

I concur with Citizen Dalem's illiteracy.

Yes.

As I see it, the conference system better mirrors the NFL and gives us the additional bragging rights of being a "Conference Champion" and having a "Conference Final Weekend".

I know that the other way is the way that the NFL does it within each conference but I think that the conference system has better potential to create long-standing rivalries within conference teams that frequently meet in the playoffs.

camps:

Yes.

As I see it, the conference system better mirrors the NFL and gives us the additional bragging rights of being a "Conference Champion" and having a "Conference Final Weekend".

I know that the other way is the way that the NFL does it within each conference but I think that the conference system has better potential to create long-standing rivalries within conference teams that frequently meet in the playoffs.

I kind of dig the conference idea too.

I'll vote NO

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the store and buy some Double chocolate focking bundt cake!! :mad:

Guest dolfan02

I don't really have time to figure out the question so I'm offering my proxy on this vote for a 4th round pick. Any takers?

dolfan02:

I don't really have time to figure out the question so I'm offering my proxy on this vote for a 4th round pick.  Any takers?

I get your fourth round pick for voting yes for you?

Deal :mad:

fricker66:

I vote No, and I am not going to give you my reasoning.

He knows the Canadian division would contuibute 2 of 3 teams every year.

I'm going to finally lock this one and close out the voting. We'll go with the non-conference structure by a 6-4-2 vote.