Sign in to follow this  
thedanzone

Commentary Round 1

Are we going to post our own picks in new threads or not?

1.01 Steve Bush, TE, AZ, the Gamecock Gobblers

Dillon for Bush is a great trade for these guys - instant insertion into the starting lineup

Are we going to post our own picks in new threads or not?

1.01 Steve Bush, TE, AZ, the Gamecock Gobblers

Dillon for Bush is a great trade for these guys - instant insertion into the starting lineup

After doing it, I really didn't care for it, but we can if everyone wants too.

No surprise that Kevin Jones goes first. Nice pick, I don't think you can go wrong with it!

No surprise that Kevin Jones goes first. Nice pick, I don't think you can go wrong with it!

<_<

He is the obvious front-runner for a rookie to get the bulk of the carries from his new team.

He was my favorite running back to watch last year and this year. He'll make some runs that look absoultely like a video game out there and can easily take it to the house. He'll be a monster in motown for the next 10 years and Mooch should be happy he lasted till late in round 1 so it only cost 2 early 2nds to move up and get his franchise RB.

I honestly think he's the best RB to come out in 3 years... a healthy McGahee probably would've changed that, but I think Jones has skillz.

He was my favorite running back to watch last year and this year. He'll make some runs that look absoultely like a video game out there and can easily take it to the house. He'll be a monster in motown for the next 10 years and Mooch should be happy he lasted till late in round 1 so it only cost 2 early 2nds to move up and get his franchise RB.

I hoenstly think he's the best RB to come out in 3 years... a healthy McGahee probably would've changed that, but I think Jones has skillz.

Is that your final answer?

Is that your final answer?

:D indeed.

Hopefully in three years my VaTech duo will be unstoppable!

He'll be a monster in motown for the next 10 years and Mooch should be happy he lasted till late in round 1 so it only cost 2 early 2nds to move up and get his franchise RB.

I honestly think he's the best RB to come out in 3 years... a healthy McGahee probably would've changed that, but I think Jones has skillz.

You didn't tell me that when we were discussing the trade :D

Opportunities to land a stud runningback in a dynasty are slim (unless you're Bernie), so after weighing Jackson vs JJones, I have to give the nod to the kid that remained steady in the pre-draft rankings as numero uno.

:D

That was a curveball. I also thought O was going with Tatum Bell.

But you can't argue with his pick. :banana:

That was a curveball. I also thought O was going with Tatum Bell.

But you can't argue with his pick. :banana:

:banana:

hey Dan - Would you mind putting the players picked in the draft thread in bold? I think it would look better and everything wouldn't blend all together. :blink:

hey Dan - Would you mind putting the players picked in the draft thread in bold?  I think it would look better and everything wouldn't blend all together.  :blink:

Bold and PURPLE

:D

With Q, I thought you would go with a semi-homer pick- I was wrong.

But I told you in the chat I wanted Jackson

WHERE'S THE TRUST IN THIS LEAGUE?#!@

:ph34r:

With Q, I thought you would go with a semi-homer pick- I was wrong.

But I told you in the chat I wanted Jackson

WHERE'S THE TRUST IN THIS LEAGUE?#!@

:ph34r:

This was pre-chat (and I thought you might change your mind).

hey Dan - Would you mind putting the players picked in the draft thread in bold? I think it would look better and everything wouldn't blend all together. ;)

like that?

Well, I was in this situation and chose the other guy (Requiem). ;)

Well, I was in this situation and chose the other guy (Requiem). ;)

Big debate no question. I was looking for you promised explanation of your decision, but I never saw it.

The other guy is probably the safer pick. Bell is the "upside" pick. With his speed and Denver's track record with makeing RBs stars, it was worth the risk. He's got some questions about his game, but no more than the other guy.

damb, I wish Rodney would just go ahead and pick him so we can call him by name

Won't get the full load this year like the other guy, but I don't have an immediate need.

Well, I was in this situation and chose the other guy (Requiem).  ;)

Big debate no question. I was looking for you promised explanation of your decision, but I never saw it.

The other guy is probably the safer pick. Bell is the "upside" pick. With his speed and Denver's track record with makeing RBs stars, it was worth the risk. He's got some questions about his game, but no more than the other guy.

damb, I wish Rodney would just go ahead and pick him so we can call him by name

Won't get the full load this year like the other guy, but I don't have an immediate need.

That would be JJ.

Guy will have the chance to be #1 in Dallas and give me immediate help, I couldn't pass that up.

I called gramps and I'll have an email with a pick shortly. He has a conference call at 3pm EDT so it'll be before that.

Also, I did update the Requiem comments. Sorry, Bell lasted so long (1.09) that I honestly forgot to return and add them.

I can tell you that he's ;) about all four RB's being gone.

I can tell you that he's ;) about all four RB's being gone.

Yep, what WR does he like the best?

:lol:

I called gramps and I'll have an email with a pick shortly. He has a conference call at 3pm EDT so it'll be before that.

Also, I did update the Requiem comments. Sorry, Bell lasted so long (1.09) that I honestly forgot to return and add them.

I considered all of that - Jones has fumbling issues as well.

If I really needed another starter this year, I would have taken JJones.

A tough decision and I may be kicking myself after the season when JJones starts all year and has a decent numbers and Bell is mired in a RBBC in DEN. I'll be patient. In the long run, I think Bell pays off better than JJones.

hmmm... wanted Larry.

I hate Kellen as a person, but its hard to deny the talent. He could be a 10ppg TE, which is something that doesn't come along too often. I thought about 2 other guys here, but I'm relatively stable at every spot and I wanted a great talent that I thought could contribute instantly.

Pollard is now available relatively cheap.

hmmm... wanted Larry.

I hate Kellen as a person, but its hard to deny the talent. He could be a 10ppg TE, which is something that doesn't come along too often. I thought about 2 other guys here, but I'm relatively stable at every spot and I wanted a great talent that I thought could contribute instantly.

That's who I was going to take if I got that pick from you. So, I guess this is a good pick. ;)

hmmm... wanted Larry.

If FB had picked JJ, I would have considered taking Kellen Winslow Jr. at the 1.04. I'm glad he did not, it made my decision much easier.. ;)

FUXOR!!

Larry and Kellen are both gone! ;)

I am SOOOOO glad to see Kellen gone before Wiljimzone could get him. That would have been my worst nightmare. :ph34r:

FUXOR!!

Larry and Kellen are both gone!  :lol:

I am SOOOOO glad to see Kellen gone before Wiljimzone could get him. That would have been my worst nightmare. :ph34r:

;)

My starting lineup would look really nice right now. :wall:

Give me a little while. I'm open to any last-minute trade offers...