Sign in to follow this  
GuidingLight

Old School FFT'ers

What was the bored like before 6/4/03? Or is it.. 1/9/01?

Was there one poster who stepped up with info all the time?

In general, how has this place changed over the years? Better/worse? (aside from sunday server? problems)

I've been here since 98 & it was way different then! You didnt have to register a name or anything....you could just post under whatever name you wished. most of the news/info put on here was taken from ESPN or local newspapers (sometimes, if not MOST times) without links - some even made up as it was being typed. lots of alias's & lots of garbage trash talking, even more than now. without a doubt, the site has changed BIG TIME since then. more reliable info, better posters & topics for the most part. no help board, no links given, no start/sit, no rumblings, no nothing. it was just basic b.s. about football & talkin smack.

It was better probably 2 years ago then it is right now. The number of pure idiots and ignorant people has grown, for the worse. Still a great place, just need a pest removal service

As this site has grown it has gotten more impersonal. You used to kinda know most of the regs, and you had good rivalries between posters and teams. You also had a very good idea who you could rely on for good inside info and opinions and such. The WSIS situation was not as much of a problem b/c 1) there wasn't so many posts that they pushed quality posts off page 1, and 2) there wasn't many of them b/c people for the most part followed the rules.

This site still rocks, but it was a better place around 15k-20k memebers then it is now IMO.

I just remember there being a few regulars that people either loved or hated. They could be pretty amusing at times but very abrasive as well. Somebody throw out some member names that are escaping me.

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

It used to be like "The Bloods" vs "The Crypts"

I was a member of "The Bloods" :lol:

All your news are belong to us

I just remember there being a few regulars that people either loved or hated. They could be pretty amusing at times but very abrasive as well. Somebody throw out some member names that are escaping me.

kariya9, now that is guy I haven't heard from in a while! He was a moron, so it's not a bad thing!

There was an idiot Cowboys fan (no disrespect to CFowboy fans in general) that was a tool, did nothing but flame, he came back with a few alaises similar to his original name, forget who he was though.

Back in the days, they all loved to hate me. I was the omly one to bring any type of humor to the board. Times and attitudes have changed and everyone now realizes, I'm the fun loving bast@rd we all hate to love. :headbanger:

I was the omly one to bring any type of humor to the board.

LINK?

In the old days of FFT, I had to walk uphill in the snow to get the news.

Back in the days, they all loved to hate me. I was the omly one to bring any type of humor to the board. Times and attitudes have changed and everyone now realizes, I'm the fun loving bast@rd we all hate to love. :headbanger:

Who are you? Seriously. :mad:

Plus, I could never understand the morse code injury reports you were trying to give.

Plus, I could never understand the morse code injury reports you were trying to give.

beat the hell out of the smoke signal days.

True, true. :banana:

Tonto (questionable)

signed,

Kemosabe

It was better probably 2 years ago then it is right now. The number of pure idiots and ignorant people has grown, for the worse. Still a great place, just need a pest removal service

:banana:

Tonto (questionable)

signed,

Kemosabe

I remember that.

Your smoke signal got a little wind-blown and I misread it and sat Y.A. Tittle that day. :lol:

Lost by three that week.

I started in 2001 two years ago was my favorite time here. A lot of joking and having fun, now people are way to cerial and they take everything as an insult, or lack of intelligance.

I want the old days back damn it! :(

now people are way to cerial

What does this mean?

I would like to know if I fall in this classification.

What does this mean?

Sorry I had a brain fart and forgot how to spell serious, I as "attacked" on one of my posts because of my typos, and poor spelling.

I am sure you don't remember but we had some fun posts last year...I like you, tikibarbersbarber and a few others I have known around here. I don't interact a lot, but I do like to have fun.

What does this mean?

Sorry I had a brain fart and forgot how to spell serious, I as "attacked" on one of my posts because of my typos, and poor spelling.

I am sure you don't remember but we had some fun posts last year...I like you, tikibarbersbarber and a few others I have known around here. I don't interact a lot, but I do like to have fun.

Ok, just never hears that word before. Thought we were all Kelloggs products or something.

It used to be like "The Straights" vs "The Gays"

I was a member of "The Gays" :wub:

All your anal sex are belong to us

Fixed!

:wub:

troll elsewhere and let us grown people talk.

hth

What does this mean?

Ok, just never hears that word before. Thought we were all Kelloggs products or something.

We are all members of the Post group

What does this mean?

I hated Honeycomb as a kid. :wub:

What does this mean?

I hated Honeycomb as a kid. :wub:

I came from a poor family that got government food...I ate more Corn Flakes than a human should be allowed....needless to say I have a fobia when it comes to Kellogs products.

Lets go with....what other cereal companies are there...GE or EG or something like that

I started in '99 . Don't let my member # mislead you, I was around #381, but lost password and new email address made me start over. Anyways, there were a lot less smart alecks then. And if I recall there was no help board. It was just one board back then.

I started in '99 . Don't let my member # mislead you, I was around #381, but lost password and new email address made me start over. Anyways, there were a lot less smart alecks then. And if I recall there was no help board. It was just one board back then.

I had the same thing happen to me....I would be close to 2000 posts if it didn't happen to me.

I had the same thing happen to me....I would be close to 2000 posts if it didn't happen to me.

I emailed Mike to see if he could send my password to my new email address and he won't even respond.

In all honesty, the number of "bad posters" "moronic or idiotic posters" scam threads, etc has been about the same. IF that is your question. The only thing that changes is the aliases used. The flame wars that insue. And the majority poster for a given board.

Those who appear the most to complain about these types of posters are infrequently Old School FFT'ers.

I think, as an old school fft'erer, that it can be said we respond to those threads we are interested in. That we ignore posts from those that annoy us the most. That we answer the threads and the questions within those threads we feel like answering. It is from our perspective and our interest in the question or the post. Sometime it has nothing to do with the initial post. Take it for our seniality.

Old School FFT'ers only request that the posters of questions get down to the point.

That they get to the key point of their own delima in starting, trading, fa whatever it may be of the post. This is true whether the question is posted here or in the help board.

I will say that at one time, we required knowing more about the specifics of ones league scoring system etc in order to be able to answer a question.

Now, this is less and less a concern, or can be taken into account for when answering the questions at large.

As for old school masters of the domain. Meglamaniac I always thought to be the fountain of knowledge. There are others, but Megla always had my most respect.

MK4 has this season been the contributor in the others absence. Which leads me to wonder if the one is not an alias for the other. I am probably wrong there.

Final thought.

Take it easy, don't take it personal, attempt to contribute when you can, to start meaningful threads, and in general to be a good person.

Resist or leave the forum for periods of time when it becomes personal. refrain from striking back. and learn to ignore those whom are not there to be a good part of your life.

anyway, have fun. :sleep:

It used to be like "The Bloods" vs "The Crypts"

I was a member of "The Bloods" :thumbsup:

All your news are belong to us

Brutha you best get yoself out of Crips territory! :blink:

Years ago, IMO, meant: More football talk... less b1tching, insulting, and in-fighting.

Nowadays over 2/3 of the posts are about how dumb you and your league are, how Manning may or may not be better than Brady, and how your question looks too close to a WSIS question so you're an idiot and in the wrong place and too stupid to read the freakin red letters at the top of the page and might be gay.

But I typically keep my mouth shut during such threads, so what do I know. :banana:

I go back at least to `98. I used to be a radio news guy and would post in the studio between newscasts. I was actually against the creation of the Geek Club. I'm not too big of a man to say I'm wrong. Imagine all of the puds on the Mange Board being mixed with the a-holes in the Geek Club. Yikes! :headbanger:

Rickshaw Chaser

Rickshaw Chaser

Tarheel Boy posted on everything except fantasy football but was entertaining.

Meglamaniac was providing a lot of info like Moose.

Mephisto was the angry poster :lol: that gave some good info

As this site has grown it has gotten more impersonal. You used to kinda know most of the regs, and you had good rivalries between posters and teams. You also had a very good idea who you could rely on for good inside info and opinions and such. The WSIS situation was not as much of a problem b/c 1) there wasn't so many posts that they pushed quality posts off page 1, and 2) there wasn't many of them b/c people for the most part followed the rules.

This site still rocks, but it was a better place around 15k-20k memebers then it is now IMO.

I respectfully disagree. I think the info is just as good if not better today, notwithstanding the WSIS posts (which have always been a problem), and I agree it is less personal with so many members now.

It used to get waaaayyyyy out of hand with arguments and name calling posts. That seems to have subsided a lot. Shiot used to get pretty bad.