Sign in to follow this  
Henwah

Sterling Sharpe called S. Moss the best WR

I guess, what else should we have expected, he's brothers with Shannon Sharpe (class A idiot).

He said that Santana Moss is the best WR in Wash. since Art Monk, so he's got to be the best.

?

Guy is having a great year, but the best in football!?! :pointstosky:

He is one of a very few who can take it the distance on any play - from a screen pass to a bomb.

He is a difference maker, you can not argue that

TAKE THAT JET FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, he is on the field, his team is tied for first, he has won two games on his own (Yards after catch) I think he makes a nice case for himself.

Of the two Mosses......give me Santana.....- Matty Fitz

I guess, what else should we have expected, he's brothers with Shannon Sharpe (class A idiot).

He said that Santana Moss is the best WR in Wash. since Art Monk, so he's got to be the best.

?

Guy is having a great year, but the best in football!?! :thumbsup:

It's one thing to say that one is the best WR in Washington since Art Monk. It's another to say that he is the best WR in football (the thread title). Which was it?

Well, he is on the field, his team is tied for first, he has won two games on his own (Yards after catch) I think he makes a nice case for himself.

Of the two Mosses......give me Santana.....- Matty Fitz

I give you credit Texasmouth. Its difficult for me to ever say good things about anyCowhorns... I dislike Bledsoe, Keyshawn; and Glenn is still "she" to me,. (Id take him fantasywise) but Julious only gets credit because he is a Golden Domer.

Are you hovering around the DARK SIDE

?

Guy is having a great year, but the best in football!?! :o

It's one thing to say that one is the best WR in Washington since Art Monk. It's another to say that he is the best WR in football (the thread title). Which was it?

He said he's the best WR in football. The Art Monk thing was his reasoning... don't ask me to explain that. Sterling's world is a scary place.

No doubt he's having a great year, but...

I think that he said he is the best right now, meaning so far this season. I can't really argue too much about that.

All that said, however, I just noticed that Moss is playing SF this week, so after tomorrow, I fully expect him to lead the NFL, being that he should score in the area of 22 TDs and 500 yards against that ridiculously bad secondary. I'm sure I'll be eating crow and Sterling will look like a focking genius.

I'm still angry about having Moss last year, not this year.

This whole thing is just crazy.... no.... Santana Moss should not even be close to being considered one of the best in the NFL.

He's a quick little bastard, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the size or agressiveness. The season isnt even an the halfway point!!! so what hes had a couple of big games

Washington fans, who would you rather have... S.Moss or T.O.? S. Moss or Randy? S.Moss or Chad J? Harrison? Holt? and down the line we can go....

Guest matuski

OH MY GOD SOMEONE SAID A RECEIVER OTHER THAN THE STATUS QUO WAS THE BEST!!

GET A ROPE!

Seriously, what the f.u.ck are people thinking when they have different opinions? Don't they know the message bored experts are going to start threads ripping them?

This whole thing is just crazy.... no.... Santana Moss should not even be close to being considered one of the best in the NFL.

He's a quick little bastard, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the size or agressiveness. The season isnt even an the halfway point!!! so what hes had a couple of big games

Washington fans, who would you rather have... S.Moss or T.O.? S. Moss or Randy? S.Moss or Chad J? Harrison? Holt? and down the line we can go....

i couldn't say that S.Moss is the best receiver in the game (even at this point of the year). he's gotta continue this pace, then repeat the performance a couple of times even to be mentioned in the same breath as R.Moss, T.O. , Harrison, and co. I think C. Johnson and S. Smith are making a case for themselves however. "Size" however, doesn't necessarily have to exclude Santana from that potential. The proto-typical big receiver that everyone covets today was born of all the west coast offenses that require a big target over the middle; in the right system, however, (e.g. gibbs' that prefers to go vertical for big plays) a smaller wideout with speed could reach the ranks of the elite. since we mentioned, sterling sharpe as the starter of the topic, i remember him as one of the elite receivers in his short tenure before injury.

maybe your right santana is not the best wide out in football, i have him and steve smith, but ill argue this he is the best player this year for a VALUE pick,,,when was he drafted in most leagues..i got him in the 10th, and with duece out for the year santana is saving my season....... :blink:

you actually understood something coming out of that mouth? :blink:

Sounds like he's in the middle of some jungle talking headhunter language

I made it a point to not draft Santana after wasting a 4th rounder on him last year. Lil bastard.

I can't believe you guys don't know why Santana is the best WR in the NFL?

- It's because he's great when the situation dictates him to be great.

you actually understood something coming out of that mouth? :unsure:

Sounds like he's in the middle of some jungle talking headhunter language

i think you're referring to shannon there broseph

sterling can articulate himself pretty well

R.Moss may be a great reciever and put up awsome #s but he is affraid of getting hit and going over the middle, Santana Moss does everything, is he the best WR....no...not by any means...but I don't think the other Moss is either. :banana:

He isn't the best but he ain't bad. He has been my best reciever this season, I got nothing but love for him as like my 8th round pick....3rd best WR in my league

Did not even read the rest of the posts on this thread. Such stupidity.

Why did it take this remark to see the light? Outside of Simms and Bradshaw, he has been the biggest idiot of all time.

again, i'm not making any comments re: S. Moss' place in the pecking order, but here's an interesting stat:

S.Moss v. other WRs for receptions of 20plus yards over the past three seasons (03-05):

Santana Moss 1 every 3.7 receptions

Randy Moss 1 every 3.8 receptions

Terrell Owens 1 every 4.6 receptions

Torry Holt 1 every 5.7 receptions

Marvin Harrison 1 every 6.6 receptions

so when it comes to big plays, he's as good as it gets (plus he was hampered by a gimpy hamstring for half of last year). maybe not T.O. or Moss, but perhaps a bit underrated when healthy and a decent QB throwing to him.

for fantasy purposes, i was thinking of trading him, but i think his schedules pretty decent the rest of the way:

Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants

Nov 6 Philadelphia

Nov 13 @Tampa Bay

Nov 20 Oakland

Nov 27 San Diego

Dec 4 @St. Louis

Dec 11 @Arizona

Dec 18 Dallas

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants

Jan 1 @Philadelphia

again, i'm not making any comments re: S. Moss' place in the pecking order, but here's an interesting stat:

S.Moss v. other WRs for receptions of 20plus yards over the past three seasons (03-05):

Santana Moss 1 every 3.7 receptions

Randy Moss 1 every 3.8 receptions

Terrell Owens 1 every 4.6 receptions

Torry Holt 1 every 5.7 receptions

Marvin Harrison 1 every 6.6 receptions

so when it comes to big plays, he's as good as it gets (plus he was hampered by a gimpy hamstring for half of last year). maybe not T.O. or Moss, but perhaps a bit underrated when healthy and a decent QB throwing to him.

for fantasy purposes, i was thinking of trading him, but i think his schedules pretty decent the rest of the way:

Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants

Nov 6 Philadelphia

Nov 13 @Tampa Bay

Nov 20 Oakland

Nov 27 San Diego

Dec 4 @St. Louis

Dec 11 @Arizona

Dec 18 Dallas

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants

Jan 1 @Philadelphia

That can say that he doesn't catch as many passes, but he just catches deep balls mostly... not saying a lot. To be a good WR you need to be able to do more than run deep routes and screens. TO, CJ, RM all require teams to double then and game plan specifically for them. I am a huge Steve Smith fan, but only one game this season has he been double teamed. So when Santana Moss starts catching over double teams, and start requiring that kind've of attention, then come talk to me about being great.

where in my post did i say he was great? i wasn't even trying to imply that....lol.

interesting that teams don't double S. Smith considering how Delhomme locks onto one receiver, though. (including Muhammad last year) i'd think d-coordiantors would've caught onto that by now.

where in my post did i say he was great? i wasn't even trying to imply that....lol.

interesting that teams don't double S. Smith considering how Delhomme locks onto one receiver, though. (including Muhammad last year) i'd think d-coordiantors would've caught onto that by now.

I was killing two birds with one stone, I was only replying to you about your numbers.... I was replying to Sharpe and the other clowns who said he was great....

Actually the packers (I believe it was them) did double S.Smith this year, but our other wide receivers stepped up that game.. It opened up d.foster and colbert and gaines over the middle alot.

I don't see why calling Santana Moss the best receiver in the game right now is all that preposturous. With the possibile exception of Steve Smith, I can't think of any receiver doing a better job to this point. Moss catches screens, bombs and mid-range passes with equal efficiency.

As to the comment that Moss doesn't attract the double teams that some of the "better" receivers do, that's just ridiculous. Why the heck wouldn't he? Are teams actually double-teaming David Patton or James Thrash?

My television screen only shows receivers when the ball is thrown in their direction. But I find it hard to believe that defensive coordinators are stupid enough to not double team Santana, at least the majority of the time.

Ok listen...

football is cyclical.. heard this on sports radio here in charlotte.....

In the past recievers were smaller faster... so corners were smaller faster...

receivers over time got bigger stronger.. so corners had to be bigger stronger..

now that corners are bigger .. teams are looking for smaller faster wrs that corners cant hang with... speed kills espc. at the wr spot

...AKA s. smith, s. moss

thought that this was a valid point ..

Teams do double team S. Smith. The Panthers have been playing a lot of 3 WR sets though, so Smith won't get a double team all the time.

Santana moss isnt even the best short speed receiver. Id take Steve Smith over him any day.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

The way I look at it is that there is a point to be made here. The guy has put up great numbers, he has basically won several games for his team, leads the league in yardage and is up there in TD's. He does more than run deep on every play, he has scored on a screen, gotten extra yardage on numerous shorter passes and always seems to be getting open, especially on 3rd down. There maybe other guys in the league that may be more talented (not a whole lot really) but the bottom line is that he has produced like the best WR in the league up to this point. Owens, R. Moss, Holt, Johnson, Harrison, whoever you like is fine, but he is outperforming all of them. That makes him the best last time I looked.

Steve Smith is another one that is up there in my book. I liked both guys going into the draft, but as middle tier sleepers that may produce, I got Randy and Tory for too cheap to pass them up. I kind of wish that I had passed on them and stuck with my strategy.

And the point that was made about the prototypical big WR coming from the the WCO is exactly right, the skins are one of the few teams that haven't sold out to it and so they can succeed with a smaller, faster WR. Its nice being able to watch a game that isn't the same exact damn thing on both sides of the ball. We know that the WCO is good, but it isn't the only thing out there, just like the 3-4 defense, it is a copy cat league. That is fine, but it gets boring as hell to see a WCO vs a 3-4 defense every damn game.

i think chad johnson said it best a few weeks in an interview :" dont compare me and put my name up there with those guys [moss, owens, harrison] yet---i havent done it long enough or on a consistent enough basis to merit that.."

santana had a nice 1100-10 a few season ago, and ffers annointed him the next best thing since chicken fried rice. yeah, he is in a zone right now, running some great routes, and getting open deep for some big plays; but, until he shows he can sustain the production and challenge of that level of play not just week-to-week but year-to-year, he is not close to being in the "best wr" discussion.

i think chad johnson said it best a few weeks in an interview :" dont compare me and put my name up there with those guys [moss, owens, harrison] yet---i havent done it long enough or on a consistent enough basis to merit that.."

santana had a nice 1100-10 a few season ago, and ffers annointed him the next best thing since chicken fried rice. yeah, he is in a zone right now, running some great routes, and getting open deep for some big plays; but, until he shows he can sustain the production and challenge of that level of play not just week-to-week but year-to-year, he is not close to being in the "best wr" discussion.

i agree with the most part with this quote, but i think one thing we haven't really mentioned is durability. it seems, when he can stay on the field, he is very productive. but the year following his breakout season, he continued with a history of hamstring injuries that really limited him. he's an explosive guy, but he doesn't rank amongst the elite until he can string together a couple of probowl seasons without ever bitching out to injury.

Moss is a good solid WR and is having a great year, but he isn't the best WR in football. Maybe for FF he is at the top along with Steve Smith this year, but the best WR's continue to be Owens, Randy and CJ. Horn is up there too.. but since we are talking FF... I am happy to have S. Moss and S. Smith on the same team in my money league. Makes up for Culpepper and Lewis having off years, I am 5-2 and hoping to make a good run from here on out.