Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Holt has strained PCL.

how severe is that? and how long will he miss. this blows! i knew it was more serious than a "bruise" you dont get worse with a bruise. :lol: :D :D :headbanger: :thumbsup: :cheers: :wall:

Let him rest a bit....I just picked up Gabriel.

I would rather have him miss a game or 2 and be healthy than play at 60%. I'll need him at his best for my playoff drive.

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

On Thursday, wide receiver Torry Holt said his injured right knee felt noticeably better than it did entering the Monday night game in Indianapolis. But on Sunday, he was a surprise pregame scratch against New Orleans.

"At the beginning of the week, things felt fine," Holt said after the Saints game. "Then as I practiced a little bit, things kind of gave out on me, and I didn't feel comfortable with it. ... So I felt it'd be best that I take some time off."

The injury is more than just a bruised knee as originally announced.

"Actually, I've got a strain in my PCL," Holt said, referring to the posterior cruciate ligament in the knee. "I have to rest that and continue to get rehab."

The New Orleans contest marked the first game Holt has missed in his seven NFL seasons.

His status is uncertain for this week's game against Jacksonville.

Ram-blings

Little remained in North Carolina after funeral services for his brother Jermaine, who was shot and killed on Monday. ... Defensive tackle Damione Lewis was ejected midway through the first quarter after punching New Orleans center LeCharles Bentley in the groin area. ... Besides Holt and Little, the Rams' other inactives were: QB Marc Bulger (shoulder injury), WR Isaac Bruce (turf toe injury), RB Aveion Cason, TE Jeff Robinson and OL Rex Tucker.

Depending on the severity, PCL injuries usually take 4-12 months to heal completely. Now, that obviously doesnt help much because we dont have enough info on how serious it is.

The PCL is the tendon directly behind the ACL and is rarely injured unless the leg is hyperextended.

Depending on the severity, PCL injuries usually take 4-12 months to heal completely. Now, that obviously doesnt help much because we dont have enough info on how serious it is.

The PCL is the tendon directly behind the ACL and is rarely injured unless the leg is hyperextended.

That's for a tear/surgery.

A strain is usually 2-4 weeks to recover. It's already been a week...should be back in a week or two unless there's more going on than we're being told.

And considering they told us it was a bruise and now it's a strain, it certainly could be worse than they are saying.

if it was a tear, he wouldn't have played monday night. he had an MRI that week.

actually the ACL and the PCL are ligaments that cross in the middle of the knee.

The ACL runs from the posterior end of the femur (thigh bone) to the anterior portion of the tibia (shin bone)

The PCL is the opposite as the ACL. The PCL is usually injured in hyperextension injuries....most commonly injured in car accidents and soccer players. The PCL is rarely fixed in surgery even if it is completely torn.

Guest jamal`s kilos

MOOSE..where is the link to this article?..can`t find it on the site

actually the ACL and the PCL are ligaments that cross in the middle of the knee.

The ACL runs from the posterior end of the femur (thigh bone) to the anterior portion of the tibia (shin bone)

The PCL is the opposite as the ACL. The PCL is usually injured in hyperextension injuries....most commonly injured in car accidents and soccer players. The PCL is rarely fixed in surgery even if it is completely torn.

Yes, they form an "X" with the PCL being directly behind the ACL.

The recovery times is not for surgery, because if you are having surgery on your PCL, then you most likely have torn the ACL and/or MCL also.

The PCL keeps your shin bone from being pushed behind your knee, which is why it is rarely injured in football.

The Big Ben hit would be an example of a hit that could have damaged his PCL.

MOOSE..where is the link to this article?..can`t find it on the site

Yes, who wrote this article?

I strained my PCL about 2-3 weeks ago, and it felt like it was very weak and would give out sometimes. I put a brace on and resumed playing soccer a week after, but if my job (long-term) depended on it, I wouldnt have been playing. I would say he sits another week, and then he should be good to go.

Rams: Holt's injury more than bruise

Rams: Holt's injury more than bruise

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

News

Rams receiver Torry Holt's injury is more than just a bruised knee as originally announced, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "Actually, I've got a strain in my PCL," Holt said, referring to the posterior cruciate ligament in the knee. "I have to rest that and continue to get rehab."

Views

The game Sunday is the first Holt has missed in his seven NFL seasons. It's uncertain whether he'll be able to play this weekend against the Jaguars. We'll monitor the situation closely.

With a bye week in week 9 i dont see Holt playing this week. :banana:

He has a bruise in addition to the sprained PCL, it isn't a case of then saying a bruise turned into a sprained PCL.

I just traded key, vick, roy, and ronnie for him, but I have Steve Smith and Chad anyways, so frankly...it would bebest if he sat next week, had his bye, thats 3 weeks rest and bulger could come back. Down the stretch I like him to come up big and they'll need to play hard for a berth.

but I have Steve Smith and Chad anyways, so frankly...it would bebest if he sat next week, had his bye, thats 3 weeks rest and bulger could come back. Down the stretch I like him to come up big and they'll need to play hard for a berth.

call us when your league adds a 3rd team and allows heterosexuals.

but I have Steve Smith and Chad anyways, so frankly...it would bebest if he sat next week, had his bye, thats 3 weeks rest and bulger could come back. Down the stretch I like him to come up big and they'll need to play hard for a berth.

lol. My team:

Eli, Big Ben

Steve Smith, Chad, Holt

Priest, Tiki, Larry Johnson

LJ Smith

Rackers

Jags D

Eli and big ben off waivers early in season, smith in the 4th or 5th so round, chad the 3rd, priest 1st round, tiki 2nd.

Just traded vick/keyshawn(off waivers back in week 2)/ronnie/roy williams for Holt to a guy who had deuce, julius, ricky williams, feguson, travis taylor, etc.

So I'mhappy. Start 3 WR's and 1 pt per reception, so big scoring for WR's :thumbsup:

I'm in this guys league and all I have is Moss, Harrison, and Owens. Harrison's down year is made up by having LT and SA :thumbsup:

I'm in this guys league and all I have is Moss, Harrison, and Owens. Harrison's down year is made up by having LT and SA :D

Like I said - you two should add a 3rd team...you know, thin out the talent pool a little. :unsure:

I'm in this guys league and all I have is Moss, Harrison, and Owens. Harrison's down year is made up by having LT and SA :unsure:

You're not funny, so seriously, learn to shut the f-ck up kid. Christ

I'm in this guys league and all I have is Moss, Harrison, and Owens. Harrison's down year is made up by having LT and SA :D

Like I said - you two should add a 3rd team...you know, thin out the talent pool a little. :unsure:

Well it's ironic, considering this a league of guys off FFtoday.

Thors, Whitewonder, Ainsley, Boojee, fierro, clash of the titans, vor, and diesel

I'm in this guys league and all I have is Moss, Harrison, and Owens. Harrison's down year is made up by having LT and SA :unsure:

You're not funny, so seriously, learn to shut the f-ck up kid. Christ

I thought it was kinda funny... :D