Sign in to follow this  
Theyhateme459

2006 NFL Mock Draft Updated 10/19/05

With a big chunck of the NCAA and NFL season being over, i thought it would be nice to see what everythings about who may go where. I found a nice mock from http://www.fftoolbox.com that was written by Ken Becks... Feel free to leave your input.

Pick Team Player Ht Wt

#1 HOU D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia 6'5 295

This is a player who had he come out in the 2005 draft as an underclassman he would have been a Top 5 pick, no question. With the Texans feeling as though they already have their franchise QB in David Carr, along with the number of offensive line problems they have, I feel they will opt for their future starting left tackle for years to come.

#2 ARI Matt Leinart, QB, USC 6'5 225

With veteran free-agent quarterback Kurt Warner's past injury bug hitting this team now and with no apparent quarterback for the future on the current roster, head coach Dennis Green is left looking towards a quarterback. I feel all signs lead to the USC Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Matt Leinart, a proven winner.

#3 GB Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College 6'7 267

With the Packers taking Cal quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the first round of last years draft, the likely hood of them taking another quarterback is minimal. So, their sights may be set on the defensive end position in Mathias Kiwanuka. He is a disruptive playmaker who is the type of athlete the Packers need on the defensive side of the ball. He provides a nice pass rush off the edge and can also run down plays from the backside. Teaming Kiwanuka with Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila would give the Packers a pair of bookend pass rushing monsters!

#4 MIN *Reggie Bush, RB, USC 6'0 200

Some may say Bush is on the small side and cannot get you the yards after contact in the NFL. However, there is little doubt that this player makes things happen in an explosive way on a consistent basis. He is a player quarterback Daunte Culpepper would welcome to their offense with open arms!

#5 OAK *Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St. 6'7 285

Williams may opt as an early entry player for the draft this year. I believe he needs some seasoning at the collegiate level and refining his game before he comes out. However, his awesome combination of size and speed have the scouts and teams salivating. It is hard to turn down that type of guaranteed money being drafted that high.

#6 SF DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis 5'10 217

Since the 49ers feel they have their franchise quarterback already in Alex Smith and considering their defense really is not that bad, they might look to solidify their offense and help along Alex Smith's progress by drafting Williams. This may be the best player in the country that very few people know about! Currently he is the #1 active 1-A career rushing leader with over 5,100 yards. Since the 49ers are running the "West Coast" offense, DeAngelo would be a perfect fit. He has the versatility to be a threat in both the running and passing games. If you get a chance, watch this player and see for yourself!

#7 NJ Andrew Whitworth, OT, LSU 6'7 322

This is a tough and physical player with the experience and athletic skills to play one of the most demanding and important positions on the offensive side, the left tackle position. Any time a team can solidify that position or add a top-flight specimen such as Andrew to their line they jump at the chance. The recent season-ending injury to All-Pro center Kevin Mawae, gives them even more reason to look to the offensive line spot.

#8 NO *Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green 6'4 224

Since this the last year of starting quarterback Aaron Brook's contract and his poor performance on the field the last few years and especially this year, I can see the Saints looking in the direction of Jacobs if he opts to come out early. Granted I feel he could use one more year to hone his skills. His upside is very high and if he were to wait until next year he could very well be the first pick in the draft. So this could turn out to be the bargain pick of the draft!

#9 STL Alan Zemaitis, CB, Penn St. 6'2 201

The Rams would be well off thinking about taking this player at this position in the draft with their woes in their defensive backfield. Alan Zemaitis brings a game to the field with relatively no holes in it. He plays the run and pass equally as well and brings a physical presence to any defense on the corner. And with his athletic and physical skills he brings the added versatility of a bump and run cover corner that many teams covet!

#10 TEN Eric Winston, OT, Miami(FL) 6'7 310

With an aging left tackle and starting quarterback it might be in the Titans best interest to take one of the quality potential NFL left tackles prospects still on the board. If it were not for an unfortunate injury to his knee ligament from last year he would not be in this draft. He is a former tight end moved to the offensive line. So his athletic skills are not in question along with the quick feet needed to be considered a top tier left tackle in this years upcoming collegiate draft.

#11 BAL *Vince Young, QB, Texas 6'5 230

This could be the wild card of the draft. He also could potentially be a Heisman Trophy winner by the time the draft comes along. He would be an early entry player with great upside. With the Ravens in great need of a quality quarterback this could be their long term answer. And if Brian Billick is the great tutor of quarterbacks and the offensive guru we keep hearing about but rarely see. Then here is his personal project that fell in his lap to turn to gold!

#12 CHI *Ahmad Brooks, OLB, Virginia 6'4 249

If the Bears were to select this linebacker along with already existing linebacker Brian Urlacher this could be a disruptive pair to go along with an already stingy defense. Could you say stir up the memory of the "Monsters of the Midway"? I feel Brooks is a Ray Lewis clone only bigger and faster. Need I say more! However, he could opt to stay in school since he has been injured for most of this years collegiate season up to this point.

#13 CLE *Haloti Ngata, NG, Oregon 6'5 345

This Cleveland team could go in any direction for help with a number of holes to fill on both sides of the ball. With new head coach Romeo Crennel installing the 3-4 defense from last years 4-3 defense. Currently the Browns are not as stout up the middle as they should be. And in the 3-4 defense the nose guard is where everything starts and ends. This player needs to dominate and control the middle of the interior, and eat up blockers to free up fellow players. And this describes Haloti Hgata to a tee. He is a playmaking disruptor in the middle where nastiness and chaos rules!

#14 DET Tye Hill, CB, Clemson 5'10 180

At this point in the season the Lions defense is one of a few bright spots on the team. But I believe it may be time to give the defense some attention, considering the last three seasons the team spent 1st round picks on wide receivers. This is not a bad player to break the mold with. Though he may be smaller in stature, he more than makes up with his playmaking ability. He plays bigger and more physical than his size would indicate and his athletic skills translate well to the NFL level. This would be a good pick for the Lions.

#15 MIA *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio St. 5'11 190

With the Dolphins in need of a quarterback I feel that position at this point in the draft would be a reach. They have a pair of good running backs and their defense though older, is getting the job done. So their direction should go towards Santonio Holmes who could team up with Chris Chambers for a nice receiving dual. And throw in his special teams return ability and he adds more value and versatility to your team.

#16 BUF A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio St. 6'1 240

With this type of quality of a player still on the board you have to take him despite your needs. He is a player who has been a leader of one of the nations best defenses for some time now. He keeps the long tradition of excellent linebacking play going with the Ohio State Buckeyes. His play is outstanding on the field with his intensity and athletic skills he brings to a defense. He has the physical toughness, talent and versatility to play both the inside and outside linebacker positions.

#17 NE Will Blackmon, CB, Boston College 6'0 202

With the rash of injuries to the Patriots this year Will Blackmon fills their needs and lends to the type of versatility that the Pats like. His main priority is as an excellent cover corner who will support the run. But he is also a triple threat as a corner, big play receiver as he is for his collegiate team, and as a threat as a punt returner. He fits what they look for in their players. Talent and versatility!

#18 SD Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia 6'4 340

This is a team that can fill there need and be happy that a player of this quality has slipped to this spot. He is a massive player with the athletic movement you look for from an experienced player in the pits.

#19 KC Jesse Mahelona, DT, Tennessee 6'2 300

This is a team that has to work on the defensive end of their team. And with adding a player of Mahelona's quality and ability will go a long way into correcting the defensive woes. He is an active penetrating type of interior lineman who can provide a steady pass rush up the middle and help shut down the run.

#20 NYG Jason Allen, CB, Tennessee 6'2 202

Right now the Giants pass defense could use some serious help right about now and I do not see this trend changing any time soon. Jason Allen provides you the versatility to play both the cornerback and safety positions. Since he has played both positions in college effectively. With the skills and versatility he brings to the table this would be a good pick for the Giants.

#21 PHI Martin Nance, WR, Miami (OH) 6'5 215

At this point in the draft this wide receiver provides both high value and fills a need for the Eagles to fill. Nance has excellent size speed ratio and posses the leaping ability and strength against defenders to be a dangerous red zone weapon. He is a fluid and smooth athlete with a soft pair of hands as well. The Eagles made another great value pick here!

#22 PIT *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota 5'10 220

At this point in the draft this is another great value pick for the Steelers. This may not be a pick of need but with Jerome Bettis aging and with early sensation Willie Parker starting to fade as the season wears on. This pick could become more important than first thought. He brings feature back skills to the table, who very well could have been a Top 10 pick!

#23 DEN

(Via WAS) Mercedes Lewis, TE, UCLA 6'6 255

This is one of two 1st round picks for Broncos. With a talent like Lewis still on the board it is almost impossible not to take this player. He posses the size and athletic skills of a player much smaller than he. He has outstanding hands and composure going over the middle. He also posses the speed to take it the distance if not defended properly. He is playmaker from the tight end position. Nice pick here for Denver!

#24 ATL Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn 6'9 338

This is a massive sized player that has the potential to play the left tackle position. To get a player of his talent at this point of the draft is amazing. He has the tools and the upside to be a multiple All-Pro at the NFL level.

25 CAR *Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia 6'7 250

He could be the player the Panthers have been looking for to attack the deep middle of a defense and will enable their offense to open up a bit more. This is a part of their offense they have been looking to exploit defenses on. With Pope's size and speed he has the ability to expose a defense down the middle.

#26 DAL *Winston Justice, OT, USC 6'6 300

With the recent injury to veteran left tackle Flozell Adams you could understand the concern for drafting Winston Justice. This is a player returning from a year long suspension that shows the athletic versatility to play anywhere along the offensive line. The Cowboys cover a need along with a steal at the 26th pick!

#27 JAC *Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida St. 6'3 200

As long as Jack Del Rio is the head coach of the Jaguars you can count on the defense as their main stay. And adding hometown native cornerback Antonio Cromartie to this defense could be lethal. He has shut down corner skills for the NFL level. He is long and athletic with big play ability to take it to the house on any offense. He also returns kicks and is also dangerous in this capacity as well. He will sit out the entire 2005 collegiate season with a injury that happen in spring ball. His recent injury will be the only way of sniffing this player at this point of the draft. And he may opt to go back to college for another season.

#28 SEA *LenDale White, RB, USC 6'2 235

With the uncertainty of free agent to be Shaun Alexander after the season. It may be a wise point for the Seahawks to draft dynamic running back LinDale White. This is the best true back on the USC roster for the 2005 college season. He is a runner who excels running between the tackles who also posses the speed to hit the corners and break a long run to keep defenses honest. He is the ultimate runner for a time possession type offense. Ala Jerome Bettis of the Steelers.

#29 CIN Manny Lawson, DE, North Carolina St. 6'5 245

With head coach Marvin Lewis finally having his 4-3 defense playing the way he wants. This team will ultimately win or lose on the heals of their defense. Adding a dynamic talent as Manny Lawson to an already lethal defense is cause for concern for future opponents. He is your hybrid linebacker/ defensive end that gives you the flexibility any defense craves!

#30 DEN Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio St. 6'3 255

Though the Broncos have a nice tandem of linebackers already on the roster, there is always room for a player of Carpenters skills. He can be very disruptive both against the run and bringing the pass rush off the edge. With a player of his size and speed, and the ability to cover the ground he does on the field makes him a rare athlete. And once he arrives to the ball he makes his presence known. He is undervalued to me due to being on the same defense as A.J. Hawk and others

#31 TB Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt 6'4 228

This is the Buccaneers future franchise quarterback drafted here. What an excellent move by this team. I feel this is the most underrated and undervalued player in this entire draft. To me he has an upside greater than any other quarterback in this draft. He shows all the tools you want from a franchise player behind center. He has the arm strength and touch to place the ball anywhere on the field, he has the mobility to extend passing plays and make thing happen, who can throw effectively equally in or out of the pocket, and a gamer with pocket presence and ice water in his veins, competitive and very athletic. That is Jay Cutler!

#32 IND Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa 6'4 244

This is a physical specimen with combine numbers that will be off the chart. To acquire this player at this point of the draft could be a steal. He is a player that covers a lot of ground in a hurry and gives strong pursuit to the ball. He has a nose for the ball who consistently finds himself around the ball. This is another important piece to add to head coach Tony Dungy's (at this point in the season) league leading defense!

*Indicates Underclassman

Draft order based on NFL win% through Week #6

At this point in the draft this is another great value pick for the Steelers. This may not be a pick of need but with Jerome Bettis aging and with early sensation Willie Parker starting to fade as the season wears on. This pick could become more important than first thought. He brings feature back skills to the table, who very well could have been a Top 10 pick!

This is the main pic speculation I disagree with.

#1 I don't think he stays on the board this long, and

#2 No way the steelers take another RB IMO.

Why not? Bettis will probably retire...Staley has been gimped up more than a few times in his career....leaving FWP. A RB might be a good choice here....but I agree...he may not be on the board that long.

Anyone seen the 49ers play? They may not win another game all year, and this has them picking 6th. To pick 6th they need a few more wins, wins I just don't see happening.

So pencil them in for a top 3 pick, and if they have it, cross off Rggie Bush (Alex Smith's high school teammate reunited in SF)

At this point in the season the Lions defense is one of a few bright spots on the team. But I believe it may be time to give the defense some attention, considering the last three seasons the team spent 1st round picks on wide receivers. This is not a bad player to break the mold with. Though he may be smaller in stature, he more than makes up with his playmaking ability. He plays bigger and more physical than his size would indicate and his athletic skills translate well to the NFL level. This would be a good pick for the Lions.

I'll speak about Tye since I've seen all his games... He's fast, really fast. In fact, he's the fastest guy in college football and he won the 100 meter track championship last year. He's been clocked at 4.19 for whatever that's worth.

Anyway, he started his Clemson career at RB, but was moved to CB his sophmore season because it was a more pressing team issue. He made great strides and got better with every game his first year at CB. Last year, he was the best cover corner on the team... better than Justin Miller who was picked by the Jets in the past draft. Tye didn't pick any passes last year, but they really didn't throw at him. He's been very good this year and I expect his stock to go up even more. His size is his only real downside. They list him at 5'10'', but I think that's a little off. He's really closer to 5'8'' probably and was dominated by Calvin Johnson last year. He'll have a hard time covering the 6'4'' WRs, but could easily be a shutdown corner for anyone 6'2'' and under.

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Why not? Bettis will probably retire...Staley has been gimped up more than a few times in his career....leaving FWP. A RB might be a good choice here....but I agree...he may not be on the board that long.

Wont happen.

This is a tough and physical player with the experience and athletic skills to play one of the most demanding and important positions on the offensive side, the left tackle position. Any time a team can solidify that position or add a top-flight specimen such as Andrew to their line they jump at the chance. The recent season-ending injury to All-Pro center Kevin Mawae, gives them even more reason to look to the offensive line spot.

is NJ the Jets?

and it seems as if you Tampa and Colts in the SB - interesting?!?!?

is NJ the Jets?

:headbanger: SF will get Reggie Bush.

This is a player who had he come out in the 2005 draft as an underclassman he would have been a Top 5 pick, no question. With the Texans feeling as though they already have their franchise QB in David Carr, along with the number of offensive line problems they have, I feel they will opt for their future starting left tackle for years to come.

Only once in the past 35 has an OL-men been taken number 1 "Orlando Pace"....I don't really watch Virgina, but is this guy really #1 material? I know thats what the texans need, but I think they would have to trade down to pick him up. Is it really possible for him to go #1 with all the other skill positions in the draft?

I don't really watch Virgina, but is this guy really #1 material?

he is , but they cant trade down, cos someone else will trade up to take him top 3, so they will have to take him #1

is NJ the Jets?

:lol: SF will get Reggie Bush.

They spent a high pick on Gore last year... I think San Fran goes DEFENSE - as Nolan is a D Coordinator

is NJ the Jets?

:huh: SF will get Reggie Bush.

They spent a high pick on Gore last year... I think San Fran goes DEFENSE - as Nolan is a D Coordinator

Totally disagree. Have you noticed the 49ers have only had 10 first downs in a game in 3 games this year? And that they have only gone over 200 total yards in two games? The defense is decent if they don't have to play 80+ plays and stay on the field for 3 quarters of the game.

Offense is the pick, they could go RB or WR. They need playmakers. Barlow, Lloyd and Battle are not the answer.

Some thoughts here:

1. I don't see SF taking a RB after having drafted Gore. I think they would be likely go after the best defensive player on the board.

2. I don't think Maroney makes it to Pitt, but wouldn't that be something. Roethlisberger slips, then the very talented Heath Miller, now Maroney? I see Maroney getting picked up by New England or NYG (based on this draft order) as both have aging backs who need replacements to be groomed.

3. With Ian Gold, DJ Williams, and Al Wilson (the best trio of LBs IMO) I can't see them taking another. I think they would be well advised to either replenish that famed Bronco O-line or get a WR because its obvious Lelie is not the replacement for Rod Smith. Maybe Derek Hagan or Steve Smith.

I really don't know what the Vikings will do. Reggie Bush would be the BPA, but I think Moore has the ability to be the starter. No need for a QB (assuming something strange doesn't happen), they have 2 1st round draft picks at DE, and you don't spend a very early first round pick on a nickle back. An offensive tackle is possible, as McKinnie's contract is up in a couple years and he hasn't been the dominant force that they've been hoping. The area they're missing talent the most is at linebacker. I'd like to see them trade down to the 7/8/9 area and grab Brooks.

I have been impressed with what I have seen from Haloti Ngata, I think he can be an anchor in the middle of a D, kind of reminds me of Tim Bowens (a very good thing). I would not be upset at all of the Pack snagged him with their pick. (and I don't think they will have the # 3 either).

I'll speak about Tye since I've seen all his games... He's fast, really fast. In fact, he's the fastest guy in college football and he won the 100 meter track championship last year. He's been clocked at 4.19 for whatever that's worth.

Anyway, he started his Clemson career at RB, but was moved to CB his sophmore season because it was a more pressing team issue. He made great strides and got better with every game his first year at CB. Last year, he was the best cover corner on the team... better than Justin Miller who was picked by the Jets in the past draft. Tye didn't pick any passes last year, but they really didn't throw at him. He's been very good this year and I expect his stock to go up even more. His size is his only real downside. They list him at 5'10'', but I think that's a little off. He's really closer to 5'8'' probably and was dominated by Calvin Johnson last year. He'll have a hard time covering the 6'4'' WRs, but could easily be a shutdown corner for anyone 6'2'' and under.

If I remember right, Ginn was only 17 when he was accomplishing these feats. I think he is running track for OSU this year as well. Anyway, I am not saying you are lying, but, is your boy faster than this?

At Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ginn was a national champion in 110-meter high hurdles his junior year and held the top time in the country his senior season at 13.23. He was a two-time state champ in the 110m event and earned another state title in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles his senior season of 2004, winning in 36.73. He added the Ohio title in the 200 meters in 2004 as well. Ginn also has been timed at 10.5 in the 100m and was runner up at the state level in the 200m in 2002, timing 21.16, and second in the 400m in 2003 and `04, clocking a 46.57."

And it is easy to get overlooked when you play with such a great supporting cast at USC, but Dominique Byrd could be the best tight end in the draft, with MErcedes Lewis a close second. 2005 was a tough year, for pass receiving tight ends in the draft, but those two are big time.

If I remember right, Ginn was only 17 when he was accomplishing these feats. I think he is running track for OSU this year as well. Anyway, I am not saying you are lying, but, is your boy faster than this?

At Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ginn was a national champion in 110-meter high hurdles his junior year and held the top time in the country his senior season at 13.23. He was a two-time state champ in the 110m event and earned another state title in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles his senior season of 2004, winning in 36.73. He added the Ohio title in the 200 meters in 2004 as well. Ginn also has been timed at 10.5 in the 100m and was runner up at the state level in the 200m in 2002, timing 21.16, and second in the 400m in 2003 and `04, clocking a 46.57."

This is from Clemson Tigers website:

Before Clemson: All-state selection as a junior and senior...All-Lowcountry as a junior and senior...Region 7-AA team selection as a junior and senior...all-area by Orangeburg Times & Democrat as a junior and senior...ranked as the #12 player in South Carolina by Mickey Plyler...ranked as #16 player in South Carolina by SuperPrep...rushed for 1,445 yards and 16 touchdowns in just seven games as a senior...played in the South Carolina North-South All-Star game in Myrtle Beach...a CBS.Sportsline.com All-American...All-American according to Prep Star...outstanding track athlete who was the Lowcountry Track Athlete-of-the-Year as a junior......High School Sports Report Track Athlete-of-the-Year as a junior...second in the state in the 200m at the AA level as a junior; he had a time of 21.4...400m champion at the state AA meet as a junior with a time of 49.0...also on the state track championship 4X100m relay team...his high school team won the state team title at the AA level his junior season...played for Bryan Mahan...chose Clemson over Auburn, North Carolina, and South Carolina...born John Tye Hill on June 3, 1982...majoring in human resource development.

10.51 in the 100 meter, Ginn 10.5....it appears they are pretty well even. Hill ran a 10.29 in college as a Redshirt Junior. Neither report says anything about their times' being wind-aided. I hear Ginn is running track this year, so we will see what kind of speed he has. Regardless, these two have got to be the fastest in college football.

:(

is NJ the Jets?

:( SF will get Reggie Bush.

Totally disagree. Have you noticed the 49ers have only had 10 first downs in a game in 3 games this year? And that they have only gone over 200 total yards in two games? The defense is decent if they don't have to play 80+ plays and stay on the field for 3 quarters of the game.

Offense is the pick, they could go RB or WR. They need playmakers. Barlow, Lloyd and Battle are not the answer.

I haven't watch them. it was just a hunch.

if Alex Smith gets 50% better over the next half of the season... i can see them going Defense...

but from the #'s you posted here.... it does make sense to go offense.

I've really watched Kiwanuka closely this year and he's just not an elite player. No way is he worthy of being #3. I went to the BC-West Point game and really focused in on him. He was going against undersized linemen and just didn't dominate. In other games he has not adjusted too well to the extra attention he has been getting from oppossing offenses. If he can't handle that at the college level he definetly won't at the pro level. He could be a workout warrior and have his value go up but so far his season has not been too impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if his value went down coming back for his senior season. He'll play in the NFL and could be a good player but IMO he's not going to be a big time NFL player.

He will be long gone. :thumbsdown:

no way Green Bay Packers would bypass Reggie Bush to take DE.

Packers need a dead-serioius playmaker on their offense

also, Laurence Maroney sliding to 22nd?

he wont last this long after top 5.

beside, the buzz on draft is that 2006 has alot of top OL prospects like WRs last year

I really don't know what the Vikings will do. Reggie Bush would be the BPA, but I think Moore has the ability to be the starter. No need for a QB (assuming something strange doesn't happen), they have 2 1st round draft picks at DE, and you don't spend a very early first round pick on a nickle back. An offensive tackle is possible, as McKinnie's contract is up in a couple years and he hasn't been the dominant force that they've been hoping. The area they're missing talent the most is at linebacker. I'd like to see them trade down to the 7/8/9 area and grab Brooks.

The Vikings have enough junk games left were they should be able to make their way down to that 7-10 range. My dream of having Maroney come here doesn't make as much sense if Mewelde continues to progress. D-Line isn't an answer and Ferguson will be gone early. I agree a guy like Brooks from Virginia would be the way they should go.

Only once in the past 35 has an OL-men been taken number 1 "Orlando Pace"....I don't really watch Virgina, but is this guy really #1 material? I know thats what the texans need, but I think they would have to trade down to pick him up. Is it really possible for him to go #1 with all the other skill positions in the draft?

I've watch Ferguson for a while and let me just say....if you thought Pace was worth the no.1 overall selection, then consider this guy a value/bargain pick at no.1 overall. The main thing to consider of course is that if Houston does in fact get the no.1 overall, there are many very good tackles in the draft who could easily be franchise material...so they may opt to trade down. But Ferguson is quite simply a talent not matched by any other tackle in this draft, and IMO, not matched by most tackles ever coming out of the draft.

Roderick Wright DT for UT needs to be in there somewhere. He was projected to go in the top half of the 1st last year as a junior and he has gotten better. Good tackles don't last. And another thing is VY won't go that high as a QB. He does not have the arm for the NFL.

#3 GB Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College 6'7 267

With the Packers taking Cal quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the first round of last years draft, the likely hood of them taking another quarterback is minimal. So, their sights may be set on the defensive end position in Mathias Kiwanuka. He is a disruptive playmaker who is the type of athlete the Packers need on the defensive side of the ball. He provides a nice pass rush off the edge and can also run down plays from the backside. Teaming Kiwanuka with Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila would give the Packers a pair of bookend pass rushing monsters! '

I would happily welcome a guy like this to the Bates defense. He is a perfet fit, sort of in the Jason Taylor mold. Big, speedy, athletic. He and KGB would cause fits for opposing offensive lines. Screw Reggie Bush. There are bigger fish to fry in Green Bay than drafting a RB. Take the impact playmaker on defense, that's where they need the most help.

Any mock that doesn't have Jimmy Williams, CB, VT going in the top half of the 1st round is a farce. :shocking:

Kiper's got him listed going between 5-8. Now Mel ain't the smartest anymore, but to have him not even in the 1st round is a joke.