Sign in to follow this  
Ision

Engram?

Assuming that he comes back at least fairly healthy, what kind of numbers can one expect from Engram for the rest of the season?

Givens, Stallworth, Mason numbers? Better? Worse?

Assuming that he comes back at least fairly healthy, what kind of numbers can one expect from Engram for the rest of the season?

Givens, Stallworth, Mason numbers? Better? Worse?

Better :o

If he can take hits I expect him to go back to what he was doing.

5-8 receptions a game and 60-100 yards receiving.

In PPR leagues he'll be a good #3WR and might make a decent #2.

Guest Johnny Holmes

It seems that JJ is going to be the guy from here on in Seattle. Bobby will go back to the slot and be the possesion guy.

It seems that JJ is going to be the guy from here on in Seattle. Bobby will go back to the slot and be the possesion guy.

Are you kidding? JJ had one game out of 4 where he did anything when Engram and Djax were healthy. No chance he takes the number one.

Engram will easily get back to where he was.

Are you kidding? JJ had one game out of 4 where he did anything when Engram and Djax were healthy. No chance he takes the number one.

Exactly. JJ will take DJax's spot while DJax is out, and Engram will go back to the #2 slot and probably post similar if not better numbers as long as he's healthy.

i had him as a #3 in my keeper league before he went out...i always love having a #3 that puts up #2 numbers. i think he's a very solid play the rest of the way--*if* he is indeed healthy and stays that way.

Guest Johnny Holmes

Engram has never really been a red zone target. JJ is 6-5 230.

that's only because DJax was the clear number one, while JJ was still fitting into the offense (#3 plus red zone option).

its hard to say who's going to be more valuable. JJ and engram are "both" inside receivers who run routes over the middle, but with Jax still out, i'm not sure who goes to flanker and who goes to split end. either way, i think they get about equal looks and then you'd have to give JJ the edge because 1) he's the better red zone target 2) he isn't playing with ribs that were cracked. 3) in the past three games filling in, he's done fine: 9/137/TD v. Stl , 3/29/TD v. Hou in a game where they hardly threw cuz alexander singlehandely ran over em, and 6/54 v. Dallas where he didn't play the 4th quarter due to a stinger injury to the arm.

I think he's more than earned Hasselbeck's trust, so I'd say they put up similar numbers with JJ getting the looks in the redzone

engram's #'s this year:

8 rec 79yd

5 rec 77

5 rec 54

9 rec 106

to me he looks like a better bet than jj. except for the game against a weak stl D jj has been average.

Alert, JJ will still put up better FF #'s than Engram when Engram is back. Just a head's up.

He might, but in Seattle's offense both starting receivers can produce good numbers. Engram was doing it while Jackson was playing. He should be able to do the same with JJ.

I'd say Engram was the greater big play threat. That's where the points really are... I just picked him up, then traded JJ for J-Ville's defense to use down the stretch.

JJ will catch the TD's and keep D-honest. I am very impressed with how he has played this year. Engram will be Hasselbecks go to guy down the field, JJ in the endzone...like it was before DJ got injured.

I'd say Engram was the greater big play threat. That's where the points really are... I just picked him up, then traded JJ for J-Ville's defense to use down the stretch.

I don't see how engram will be the bigger threat when he had 0 TDs opposite D-Jax. His yardage totals were good, but JJs doing well in that dept. also. Plus he was getting red zone looks even when he was the #3 guy, and is the #1 redzone receiver now. Neither receiver has any speed, but both are good possession receivers. Hasselbeck has shown equal comfort with throwing Jurevicius the ball; with him getting the endzone looks, and without the threat of cracked ribs coming back to bite him like engram, I think his numbers will be a little better down the stretch.

A lot of variables. "If" Jackson comes back as himself and "if" Engram can take the hits he will have to take going over the middle, etc. it's a crapshoot at best. JJ needed time learning the offense as Engram already knew it and both are solid possession receivers. JJ is also the better red zone option so he'll need to be on the field no matter what. If you're keeping score that gives Seattle one #1 and two #2's (provided Warrick stays out of the mix).

So if Jackson is fully recovered and so is Engram I would expect JJ to still hold onto the #2 spot since he adds the TD opportunity which, of course, makes Jackson and Stevens better too in terms of how much more difficult it will be to defense them. Of course it would also be matchup hell for defenses if JJ plays from the slot with his size. What's best for the team? It'll probably come down to matchups with Engram and JJ mixing and matching based on situation. Week to week. Nothing to bank on... blah blah blah.

A lot of variables. "If" Jackson comes back as himself and "if" Engram can take the hits he will have to take going over the middle, etc. it's a crapshoot at best. JJ needed time learning the offense as Engram already knew it and both are solid possession receivers. JJ is also the better red zone option so he'll need to be on the field no matter what. If you're keeping score that gives Seattle one #1 and two #2's (provided Warrick stays out of the mix).

So if Jackson is fully recovered and so is Engram I would expect JJ to still hold onto the #2 spot since he adds the TD opportunity which, of course, makes Jackson and Stevens better too in terms of how much more difficult it will be to defense them. Of course it would also be matchup hell for defenses if JJ plays from the slot with his size. What's best for the team? It'll probably come down to matchups with Engram and JJ mixing and matching based on situation. Week to week. Nothing to bank on... blah blah blah.

well, for my part, my analysis was based on JJ's v. engram's value until D-Jax comes back. If Jax is healthy, anything could happen because both engram/JJ are good slot receivers. back to my original arguement though, i think engram's good yardage numbers were due to D-Jax being the threat on the other side. without Jax, I think engram's numbers take a bit of a hit.

Should be a solid #2 in a point-per-reception league the rest of the way... starting next week!

If you haven't picked him up.... its too late!