Sign in to follow this  
Hagy34

Vikes thinking of trading up.....

I just read that the Vikes were thinking of Trading up in the draft now that they own 3 of the first 51 picks. It goes on to say that they are looking at Leinhart, Cutler and Young. Who knows what will go down but I thought it was interesting none the less.

Yea I pretty much thought they would probably do that after letting Culpepper go.

Yea I pretty much thought they would probably do that after letting Culpepper go.

How far up do you think they could go?

I'm pretty much expecting it. Zygi Wilf: the thinking man's Dan Snyder.

maybe offer up one of the RBs they have...

Memo or Fiason - I dont think they can do much with Onterrio until his 1yr suspension is up...

Think they are going to have to jump ahead of Oakland to land Young or Cutler. Dont think they have what it takes to go get Matt, unless they are throwing in some picks for next year also.

Think they are going to have to jump ahead of Oakland to land Young or Cutler. Dont think they have what it takes to go get Matt, unless they are throwing in some picks for next year also.

Sure they do. Don't you remember the Herschel Walker deal?

I just read that the Vikes were thinking of Trading up in the draft now that they own 3 of the first 51 picks. It goes on to say that they are looking at Leinhart, Cutler and Young. Who knows what will go down but I thought it was interesting none the less.

it'll cost more than those picks to move up high enough to draft a top qb.

The Vikings have pick #17, #48 and #51.

Those picks are worth, 1000, 380, 380 points respectively in the trade value chart. Total of 1760.

#6 is worth 1600

#5 is worth 1900 (not going to happen with packers)

#4 is worth 2200

#3 is worth 2400

#2 is worth 2600

#1 is worth 3000

So they could trade both 2nds and their 1st for the 6th overall pick. If they want to throw in next years #1 (750 points), they could probably have the Saints pick at #2.

Thats what it would take to get Leinart presumably. This years and next years #1s, and both #2s from this year.

Those picks are worth, 1000, 380, 380 points respectively in the trade value chart. Total of 1760.

#6 is worth 1600

#4 is worth 2200

#3 is worth 2400

#2 is worth 2600

#1 is worth 3000

So they could trade both 2nds and their 1st for the 6th overall pick. If they want to throw in next years #1 (750 points), they could probably have the Saints pick at #2.

Thats what it would take to get Leinart presumably. This years and next years #1s, and both #2s from this year.

Link? According to the Chart I have, the 5 is worth 1700, 17 950, 48 480, and 51 390.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

I think the Packers will do whatever is in the best interest of their team. If they get the best offer for the #5 pick from the Vikings, they will take it. I find this to be quite probable since it now looks like Mario Williams will be one, and it make be questionable to spend #5 on a linebacker. Since the Packers have several team needs and the VIkings have a desperate need for a young skilled QB, it makes sense for the Vikings to trade with the Packers. According to my draft pick value chart a good trade could go:

Packers get:

1st-17th (950pts)2nd-48th (420)2nd-51st (390) 3rd-83rd (175)6th- 175th (22.4) = 1957.4 pts

Vikings get #5 overall (1700 pts) 3rd-67th (255) = 1955 pts

Packers would then have:

1st round

Pick #17 (Chad Greenway?)

2nd round (Decent o-line Jean Gilles and RB Calhoun?)

Pick #36

Pick #48

Pick #51

3rd round

Pick #83

4th round

Pick #103

5th round

Pick #134

6th round

Pick #164

Pick #175

*Plus any comp. picks

**I might be mixed up on later round pick #'s

Great for both teams, I think

yes, i can't wait to see which team the vikings help make a series of super bowl runs via another stupid trade.

yes, i can't wait to see which team the vikings help make a series of super bowl runs via another stupid trade.

Go Pack Go! :banana:

#6 is worth 1600

#4 is worth 2200

#3 is worth 2400

#2 is worth 2600

#1 is worth 3000

Even without the numbers to support it, I'd guess about that sort of package...all three of the picks this year and next year's 1st rounder - and the Saints would be insane to not take it.

Hate to burst anyones bubble but its extremely unlikely the Vikings could aquire on of the top 3 QB's. The Saints have said they would not trade down lower than the 4th pick where they could select either mario williams or D'brickshaw Ferguson. I think 2nd pick will be leinart and 3rd will be young or cutler. I think odds are Leinart is wearing Green next year. Either he or Cutler will be the Jets pick it seems pretty clear given the Jets lack of intrest in any other FA QB's this offseason. They have been talking trade for Ramsey for a 7th rounder and they guy they really wanted was Matt Schaub. That deals not going through becaue Atlanta seems hell bent on keeping him as insurance.

I think the Titans will also stay in the top 3 and take a QB McNair is old and doesn't have too mcuh left int he tank.

personally, i think they have too many holes to fill to just piss the entire draft away for 1 qb; but then again I'm not in the Triangle of Authority so I have no say so in the matter. that being said; i could see them doing it just to make a splash with a new owner and a new HC.

They are going to trade their first, next year's first, the second they got from the Dolphins, Brad Johnson and Mewelde Moore for Oakland's first. Then draft Cutler.

They are going to trade their first, next year's first, the second they got from the Dolphins, Brad Johnson and Mewelde Moore for Oakland's first. Then draft Cutler.

That would be insane, all those pics to move to the 7th spot

personally, i think they have too many holes to fill to just piss the entire draft away for 1 qb; but then again I'm not in the Triangle of Authority so I have no say so in the matter. that being said; i could see them doing it just to make a splash with a new owner and a new HC.

No they're not...

I hate you

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Brad Johnson is the only thing they can count on at QB right now. THere is absolutely no way they would get rid of him. They realize tha Johnson will not be the long term answer and sice they dont have depth at the position there exists an immediate need to et a young QB on board.

That would be insane, all those pics to move to the 7th spot

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the Minnesota Vikings.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Brad Johnson is the only thing they can count on at QB right now. THere is absolutely no way they would get rid of him. They realize tha Johnson will not be the long term answer and sice they dont have depth at the position there exists an immediate need to et a young QB on board.

Yes I do!My brother lives in Minnesota. He doesnt watch football but he has friends that do.

Why would the Vikings trade down to #4? They'd pay all those picks and money just to draft at #7?

{think about it}

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the Minnesota Vikings.

Yes I do!My brother lives in Minnesota. He doesnt watch football but he has friends that do.

:cry: B) :ninja:

The Vikings #1 and one of their #2's would possibly move them up to the #9 or #10 range. That is Detroit and Arizona repectively. If they threw in both of their second rounders they could possibly move up to #5 (Green Bay). With New Orleans signing Brees that means a QB should slip a little farther than expected but, I would say that Leinart and Cutler will probably both be gone before #9 and #10. Throw in all the red flags that seem to be popping up around Vince Young and I can't see The Vikings really wanting to make a play for him. Add to that the fact that reports are indicating Seattle will match the offer to Hutchinson and that means one more hole for them to fill making draft picks that much more valuable. I would personnally like to see Cutler fall far enough (#9 or #10) for The Vikings to trade up for him but, I just don't see that happening as of now.

I would not be surprised at all if the Packers traded with the Vikes in this draft. Ted Thompson is basically of the same mindset as Ron Wolf was. He covets draft picks and if the Vikes are willing to make a fair trade offer, I think it's safe to say that Thompson would jump on it. I will be very surprised if the Packers don't trade down from their current spot. They have some nice cap room and don't seem interested in over-paying players at the moment, so I just don't see them wanting to throw a bunch of money at one draft pick when they could move down and pick up extra draft picks this year and next. The Pack has several needs to fill, so grabbing one big money player in the draft isn't going to help them a whole lot, unfortunately.