Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Morris staying put in Seattle

Appears so.......

(KFFL) Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have agreed in principle on a new contract with free agent RB Maurice Morris (Seahawks). Nothing has been signed, but the contract will be a three-year deal.

I am a bit surprised.

But Shaun Alexander, Mo Morris, and Mack Strong will remain intact for another year, and that isn't all that bad. :mad:

I am a bit surprised.

But Shaun Alexander, Mo Morris, and Mack Strong will remain intact for another year, and that isn't all that bad. :mad:

I would have to think after the last couple days. (I'll include Burelson, and assume it's a done deal)

We gotta be close to being done as far as our funds for free agency goes.

The last couple of days we signed

Jullian Peterson

Burelson

Toefoya

Bently

Strong

Davis (your big DT philly)

Ashworth

Heller

and now Morris

Assuming our 3 restricted players resign (probably another 2.5 mill combined. All low tendered guys)

I think we're about dry.

Giving away our 3rd pick.

Day 2 of the draft the 5 picks should all be depth. DE, punter, oline, yadda yadda yadda.

I would expect 1st and 2nd round picks to be in the secondary. Corner and Free Safety.

You guys have any early thoughts on the draft?

The good news is that you've got an owner who's not afraid to spend. Seattle should be a contender for years and years to come with the mentality that's present there. Very stable franchise right now....

I would have to think after the last couple days. (I'll include Burelson, and assume it's a done deal)

We gotta be close to being done as far as our funds for free agency goes.

The last couple of days we signed

Jullian Peterson

Burelson

Toefoya

Bently

Strong

Davis (your big DT philly)

Ashworth

Heller

and now Morris

Assuming our 3 restricted players resign (probably another 2.5 mill combined. All low tendered guys)

I think we're about dry.

Giving away our 3rd pick.

Day 2 of the draft the 5 picks should all be depth. DE, punter, oline, yadda yadda yadda.

I would expect 1st and 2nd round picks to be in the secondary. Corner and Free Safety.

You guys have any early thoughts on the draft?

Yeah. Looks like no more major moves. Still early for the draft. I will have to start paying attention again to the draft boards.

Buy the way, in a couple mocks we did on other boards, for Seattle in the first round, I took Ashton Youboty(sp?) the CB. In another, I took Santonio Holmes, WR. This was before Seattle cut Andre Dyson, and before the offer sheet for Burleson.

The good news is that you've got an owner who's not afraid to spend. Seattle should be a contender for years and years to come with the mentality that's present there. Very stable franchise right now....

:pointstosky:

It's not a bad spot for Morris. He knows he's going to get a lot of action as a third and long guy since Alexander's not much of a receiver. He's knows he's going to be on a good team. He knows he'll be the guy if Alexander gets hurt. He knows the team is stronger at tackle than it is at guard or center now, which could help him succeed if he does get the opportunity, since he's a speed guy. Those are a lot of things he couldn't say on a lot of other teams.

It's not a bad spot for Morris. He knows he's going to get a lot of action as a third and long guy since Alexander's not much of a receiver. He's knows he's going to be on a good team. He knows he'll be the guy if Alexander gets hurt. He knows the team is stronger at tackle than it is at guard or center now, which could help him succeed if he does get the opportunity, since he's a speed guy. Those are a lot of things he couldn't say on a lot of other teams.

And he knows he's no starting RB and doesn't want the pressure - he'll always be a backup RB.

Morris is a GREAT backup to have. I'm suprised they didnt resign him sooner.

Morris probably thought he could go and start somewhere else and when the offers weren't there he re-upped with the Seahawks.