Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Brewers!

Can't find the old one, so let's get it started again.

I'm going to make a conservative prediction and say 94 wins. :doh:

:lol:

can i vote for a new thread?

either way...im ready... :lol:

I'm glad they kept Gwynn, Jr., even though it meant sending down a Wisconsin native.

Here's to a good year, and a good opening day!

:(

bumped that other one 5 straight times :mad:

back to the original one :doublethumbsup:

JJ Hardy :dunno: :banana:

:lol:

:D

bumped that other one 5 straight times :dunno:

back to the original one :doublethumbsup:

JJ Hardy :

:mad:

2006 is over...2007 thread focker!!!! :banana:

2006 is over...2007 thread focker!!!! :dunno:

I've been Giantsfanning that thread for 3 days with no input from anybody :doublethumbsup:

10 homers for Fatty Fielder so far! :banana:

9 from hardy so far. Have a few homers kids.

In St. Louis even opponents that make good plays get acknowledged.

Heard that's happening a lot lately :dunno:

Heard that's happening a lot lately :cry:

they toast great plays with a drink...

:dunno:

Traded Doug Davis for Johnny freakin Estrada?

:cry:

:dunno:

That's what I initially thought.....

:ninja:

That's what I initially thought.....

really? i hear this a lot...

it was the greatest day being a brewers fan since 87 when i heard this news....

doug was a 1 year wonder and this team needed a solid all star catcher in the worst way....

krynzel wasnt playing after lying about being in a motorcycle accident and eveland? haha..yeah....

melvin traded these 2 bums and 1 year wonder for an all star catcher...claudio vargas and aquino(who i think will straighten up)...

all title teams lead a leader in the middle of the diamond....

with estrada...hardy..weeks and hall...this one is pretty solid....

(im going to post in every brewers thread i see)....

anyone else going to the negro league day on june 23rd vs kc? bring a nappy headed ho with u and get in for half price..or something like that...i hope bernie brewer wears a fro... :thumbsup:

Maybe Wisconsin will finally have a #1 team for real, eh donhaas? :rolleyes:

Maybe Wisconsin will finally have a #1 team for real, eh donhaas? :lol:

Don't jinx it, t.j :blink:

Despite how annoying some posters might be (we won't name names :( ), you have to enjoy it when longtime crappy organizations like UW and the Brewers finally turn it around.

On to shea stadium :blink:

My last two Brewer games I've gone to have been at shea :sleep:

I'm trying to think how many all-stars the Brewers have right now:

sheets

capuano

Claudio Vargas

suppan

turnbow

Cordero

Hardy

Fielder

Jenkins

Estrada

I'd say 10 right now....

Weeks and Hall get in gear and if they give some credit to Villenueva... it will probably be around 13 by July :blink:

damn...thats funny....

im signing up....#1 for #1!!

#2 is epic...whatever happened to peanut guy? that focker was nuts..(no pun intended)..he was the brewers ronnie woo without the annoying retarded wooing...

Can't find the old one, so let's get it started again.

I'm going to make a conservative prediction and say 94 wins. :ninja:

Sheets needs to stay healthy for them to have a chance at anything. I like their offensive lineup, though. I hated to see Overbay go, but it's Fielder's time to shine.

Can't wait for the first pitch :ninja:

94 WINS BWAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

only need 70 more wins in 128 games...

jokes on you, chuckles....

who else bet the brewers over 81 games? talk about a gift bet :ninja: 57 focking wins to go...

There is nothing better than listening to Ueck, Powell, and the 620 crew call a winning game. Sweetness.

There is nothing better than listening to Ueck, Powell, and the 620 crew call a winning game. Sweetness.

I was just thinking that when I was listening to the game yesterday. ('cept we call it the 1310 crew here). Uecks been through so many crappy seasons. He just seems extra happy this year.

Powell's OK...

....much better than Pat Hughes, anyway :banana:

First of all let me say that the Brewers have a really solid team this year, great bellpen, decent lineup and the best rotation in the division. The next few weeks will tell you just how good a team they're going to be. 13 of their next 16 games are on the road, and their next 19 games are against really good ballclubs, Mets, Phillies, Twins, Dodgers, Padres and Braves.

Secondly, let me say that it's pretty damn weak to bring up my quotes from last year, especially when one considers that my team won The Wrold Series, donhaas.

:banana:

Secondly, let me say that it's pretty damn weak to bring up my quotes from last year, especially when one considers that my team won The Wrold Series, donhaas.

Just haven't seen you around in a long time.... when you used to taunt the Brewers on a regular basis. :banana:

I do whatever I can to get you back.... :first:

I got a song by bruce springsteen for your world series :banana:

Just haven't seen you around in a long time.... when you used to taunt the Brewers on a regular basis. :P

I do whatever I can to get you back.... :D

I got a song by bruce springsteen for your world series :lol:

I was kind of waiting until enough games had been played to see what kind of teams we both have. My concerns about the Cardinals during the offseason have been proven right, and it really looks adding Suppan was the key move to soldify the Brewers' rotation. He's just that kind of guy that other pitchers can learn from.

A word of advice to the Brewer fans from the Wolf in Pulp Fiction "Let's not start sucking each others d!cks yet gentlemen!"

Let's play at least 1/3 of the schedule before we annoint the Brewers as division winners. Like I said, I really like their team this year, but there are two things that give me a sliver of hope for the Cards. First of all, the Cards know how to win, secondly the Brewers don't. If the Cards can get close, we'll see how the Brewers' kids habdle the pressure.

:angry:

Perhaps you aren't familiar with FFToday or Brewers fans, but we've been sucking each others dicks for years. :banana:

THere's been 17-page Brewer threads every year. Even when they've been terrible.

This thread is actually pretty tame. There's been no World Series predictions.

One lame quote brought back very tamely albeit extremely humorously. :dunno:

It's funny how riled up you get over a tiny taste of what we've been getting day-in and day-out for 2 decades.

:D

This thread is unofficial!!!! :first:

This thread is unofficial!!!! :dunno:

I tried with your thread :dunno:

It wasn't working.... I bumped and bumped and bumped.... I posted paragraphs of GF ramblings to mix it up... and then I bumped to myself some more...

Let's face it, Snoopy... You don't have the name recognition of a donhaas.

There's a certain excitement about posting in a donhaas thread :thumbsup:

That being said... I thought you'd be interested in this news. They've built a modern super-Ogg that they think can finally take down Sellery....

As a 2-year member of the great Sellery Hall.... I don't think so.....

OGG SUCKS!!

OGG HALL, HOME TO THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS, REACHES END OF THE LINE

MADISON - In a few days, Nick Wiersum will pack up his belongings and leave Ogg Hall, his first home away from home.

Wiersum is among the last of tens of thousands of students to live in the two-tower, 13-story residence hall, which will be demolished to make way for green space along the East Campus Mall.

"I recall that the first time I stepped through the door to my room and started unpacking my life into my new 10-foot-by-15-foot habitat, I had an overwhelming feeling that I was finally on my own, free to do what I wanted, when I wanted," Wiersum says. "Ogg wasn't just a dorm, but my newly acquired sanctuary of independence."

The 1,000-bed residence hall opened its doors in 1965, and was the last major residence hall project to open on campus until last year, when Newell J. Smith Hall opened on North Park Street.

The 425-bed Smith Hall, and the new 600-bed residence hall at Park and Dayton streets - which will retain the Ogg Hall name - were built to replace the outdated structure that has been a fixture of the campus skyline.

The new Ogg Hall will open to residents next August, and will feature a cluster-style floor plan, with bathrooms shared by no more than eight residents. It will also have kitchenettes on each floor, central air conditioning, classrooms, a music practice room, computer lab space and state-of-the art security systems.

"The new Ogg Hall really advances our philosophy that residence hall life is about more than providing a place to live - it's a way to help students become successful in the classroom and as leaders," says Paul Evans, director of University Housing.

Evans notes that it would have been too costly to renovate the old residence hall, which was one of the campus buildings constructed quickly in the 1960s to accommodate soaring demand of Baby Boomers for a college education.

"People who lived there will remember the old Ogg Hall fondly, but the new facility offers more comfortable living and learning experiences," he adds.

The old Ogg Hall will be demolished beginning in August, but it will not be brought down with explosives because of the nearness of Gordon Commons and due to the fact that major utilities run beneath the site.

As the years went by, the aging Ogg Hall acquired its share of critics, but residents remained a close-knit group, dorm-dwellers say.

"Ogg has a reputation around campus for being 'that' dorm," says Jim Handorf, a house fellow in the building's Wolfe House. "No one ever hears about how great the people are who live here."

Handorf says he will always remember the energy of the residents and their closeness.

"I would come home at night and see a dozen or so people mingling in our den, talking about life or complaining about classes," he says. "That is an example of what Ogg was all about to me: community."

Wiersum, a two-year resident who worked as an educational program coordinator at Ogg, says he will always remember friends, drinking hot chocolate in the Fireside Lounge there and the countless hours spent in the study rooms.

"I have enjoyed my experiences in Ogg immensely and will always carry a piece of this building's character in my heart," Wiersum says. "It will definitely be eerie to walk past 716 W. Dayton St. and not have Ogg there anymore."

For more information about the new Ogg Hall, visit: http://www.housing.wisc.edu/ogg.

You can see my dorm room in Ogg in the movie Back to School, in one of the early scenes of the movie. Good times.

:thumbsup:

"They waxed us all over the field. They played hungry," New York's David Wright said. "They're a good team, no doubt about that. They do everything well. If they stay healthy, I don't see why they won't be one of the top teams in the National League when it's said and done."

Hardy a 3-run shot on an 0-2 pitch :mad: :blink: :wub:

He's having a pretty good season :lol:

:dunno: :( :D

Is there some type of law against bringing Cordero in early if Turnblow is getting shelled???

:dunno: :( :D

Is there some type of law against bringing Cordero in early if Turnblow is getting shelled???

no kidding...cordero hadnt been used for a few days....

there IS such a thing as a 5 out save...if rollie fingers could do it...so could cordero....

good ol ned...leaving pitchers to die and not doing anything....