Sign in to follow this  
skins1967

Parking ?

McNabb, Trotter guilty of handicapped parking

NFL.com wire reports

GLASSBORO, N.J. (April 5, 2006) -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb and linebacker Jeremiah Trotter were found guilty of parking their trucks in zones for the handicapped, although both players said they were not behind the wheel at the time.

McNabb was ordered to pay a $256 fine and $33 in court fees. Trotter, who had parked illegally twice, was ordered to pay $512 and $66 in fees. The Philadelphia players were in court during separate proceedings.

Even though McNabb apparently was not even in the vehicle Nov. 28, Judge Charles Sprigman said McNabb was liable because adviser Troy Oglesby had permission to drive the truck. The quarterback produced a letter from a doctor saying he was in a hospital at the time.

Oglesby said a restaurant employee directed him to park in the zone for the handicapped, a blue-striped area next to the actual parking spot.

Trotter was cited for two occasions his vehicle was found illegally parked near the restaurant while he was hosting a radio show. He said he had been dropped off and that someone else parked his truck.

The two players were among dozens of alleged parking scofflaws in court April 5. All of them were among the hundreds of people who have been cited since last year by activist Maryann Cottrell, the mother of a handicapped daughter.

Trotter told the judge he wanted to learn more about Cottrell's efforts.

"If it's a good cause I'd like to make a donation," he said.

:lol:

isn't mcnabb still focked up? i'm sure at one point he qualified for a handicap sticker the way he got beaten senseless last year.

Isn't that one of the things that TO did last year and was accused of conduct detrimental to the team, but it's ok for McNab?

Sounds like a couple of IDIOTS.

:mellow:

Look at your focking handle.

Maybe they should have slammed their cars into a female officer instead.

Rightfully so... I hate people that think they are above the law. :lol:

You mean like the worker at the restaurant that told McNabb's security adviser to park in the spot, or the security adviser that actually parked the car?

Guest stevejohnson

This whole thing is a non story! Was it wrong for them to park in those spots? YES, but the only reason it got all of this attention is because some want-to-be famous judge wanted some press and forced the players to come to court even though they had already agreed to pled guilty and pay the fines. 98% of the time these type of fines are handle by mailing a check but because they are players for the Eagles, this jerk off judge made them come in to court!

Figures a Deadskins fan would make a thread about this!

This whole thing is a non story! Was it wrong for them to park in those spots? YES, but the only reason it got all of this attention is because some want-to-be famous judge wanted some press and forced the players to come to court even though they had already agreed to pled guilty and pay the fines. 98% of the time these type of fines are handle by mailing a check but because they are players for the Eagles, this jerk off judge made them come in to court!

Hey Steve, Do the numbers 17 - 10 and 31 - 20 mean anything to you ?

Do the numbers 2 playoff trips in 14 seasons ring a bell with you? :thumbsup:

Do the numbers 2 playoff trips in 14 seasons ring a bell with you? :mellow:

I have a better one.....Eagles = " 0 " Superbowl Trophies in 40 years ! :P

Guest stevejohnson

Are those the IQ scores of your immediate family?

I thought the entire team received temporary handicap tags for their performance last year......no?

:thumbsdown:

I have a better one.....Eagles = " 0 " Superbowl Trophies in 40 years ! :banana:

Thanks for the update on our SuperBowl trophy count, I hadn't noticed. By the way, have you read my sig? :banana:

Thanks for the update on our SuperBowl trophy count, I hadn't noticed. By the way, have you read my sig? :banana:

Bird, this is what it's all about....poking a little fun at each other and not getting bent out of shape. Thanks for being such a good sport ! :banana:

Bird, this is what it's all about....poking a little fun at each other and not getting bent out of shape. Thanks for being such a good sport ! :banana:

:banana:

I am a Cowboys fan and I think it is a BS political move by the judge. Way to try to make yourself a little more visable in the publics eye. They should have just had to mail in the payment for the citation. End of story.

I am a Cowboys fan and I think it is a BS political move by the judge. Way to try to make yourself a little more visable in the publics eye. They should have just had to mail in the payment for the citation. End of story.

No doubt your point is right on. Remember though that this is the same city that set up a courtroom in the basement of Vet Stadium to arrest us fans. They've been out to get all of us for years, no one dressed in green is safe around here. Never have been, never will.