Sign in to follow this  
Grind

The Newest American DRAMA QUEEN

I used to like the guy, but something is wrong. Who scheduled a news conference for a charity event? Athletes and celebrities participate in a lot of charity events, but I don't think each involves a news conference. Simply wierd. "Hi, I'm Brett Farve. I'll have some toast and a big bowl of DRAMA for breakfast today". Most 13 year old girls don't even crave drama like Brett does.

Sounds genius to me.

Had he not done so...it would have only been local media.

Instead he got national attention to his foundation and the relief efforts because he knew ESPN and the NFL Network...and all the fans and even people that do not like him would jump thinking he was about to announce his intentions.

And the fans and media all did.

Not once did he say he was going to announce whether he was playing or not...not once.

Not once did he say he was going to announce whether he was playing or not...not once.

Yup, he's just playing the media for the chumps they are. I bet he's getting a big kick out of it.

Sounds genius to me.

Instead he got national attention to his foundation and the relief efforts because he knew ESPN and the NFL Network...and all the fans and even people that do not like him would jump thinking he was about to announce his intentions.

You keep saying this, I watched the press conference, you know what...I have no idea what the fund raiser was for. I have no idea what the foundation is even named. I was listening to Favre, and the part I saw, HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT HIS CHARITY IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE.....good publicity Brett. Maybe I missed the last part where he talked about the charity, did he even talk about the charity?

And a bunch of sports junkies like us waking up early in the AM on a Saturday are not running to our phones giving donations cause we heard of a fund raiser by Brett Favre.

You keep saying this, I watched the press conference, you know what...I have no idea what the fund raiser was for. I have no idea what the foundation is even named. I was listening to Favre, and the part I saw, HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT HIS CHARITY IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE.....good publicity Brett. Maybe I missed the last part where he talked about the charity, did he even talk about the charity?

And a bunch of sports junkies like us waking up early in the AM on a Saturday are not running to our phones giving donations cause we heard of a fund raiser by Brett Favre.

You obviously did not watch.

The big banner behind him said...Brett Favre Forward Foundation.

He spoke of how much MS and WI have been donating...talked about how much they raised last night....talked about how they have distributed some...and are about ready to distribute more money.

And then ESPN cut it off because they knew they were played...they were expecting the announcement...and once they did not get it they cut it off.

As soon as he stated he had not make a decision...you...like many probably did tune out. ESPN pulled the plug not that long after.

But yes...he talked about it.

Sho, I did turn it off like everyone else who tuned in to what his decision was going to be. ESPN turned it off too before he spoke about the foundation...

Sounds like his plans went a little wrong on publicity. And nobody reads what is behind someone in a press conference. They are just logos.

I respect what he is doing for the community, but he is not making himself look good in the eyes of the football fans outside of GB.

What charity is involved? Neither ESPN or any other news outlet I've seen after the press conference has revealed that information. Here is a link to to ESPN.com's story regarding this info.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2401588

I skimmed through it and can't find anything telling me what the cause is for the golf tournament or what charity is involved. If he was trying to promote this charity, he failed miserably.

The drama queen strikes again.

Everyone get over themselves 1st why does everyone care so Focking much?.....get a life....everyone critiques every little thing he does...making crazy things up that maybe hes doing this or this.....Favre doesnt have time to make crazy plans to make himself look liek something or nor does he want attention...I gaurentee that when he does retire he will be one of the most hidden retired star players....

This Sh*t is just getting annoying where do people find all of this time to sit at fftoday and make up sinarios about this whole thing and can't GET OVER IT....people around here are getting worse than the media...and thats sad :pointstosky:

He spoke of how much MS and WI have been donating...talked about how much they raised last night....talked about how they have distributed some...and are about ready to distribute more money.

And then ESPN cut it off because they knew they were played...they were expecting the announcement...and once they did not get it they cut it off.

As soon as he stated he had not make a decision...you...like many probably did tune out. ESPN pulled the plug not that long after.

The problem lies within what you just stated. "As soon as he stated he had not make a decision". WTF. Why the hell would he even say that at a charity event? That alone puzzles me. Do other celebrities and athletes openly discuss their retirement options at charity events??? Is this standard procedure at these things? "Hi. I'm Brad Pitt. Before I get started with this charity, I want to make sure you all know that I am unsure when I am going to retire from the entertainment business. Now thank you all for coming..." What the F***!!!

The problem lies within what you just stated. "As soon as he stated he had not make a decision". WTF. Why the hell would he even say that at a charity event? That alone puzzles me. Do other celebrities and athletes openly discuss their retirement options at charity events??? Is this standard procedure at these things? "Hi. I'm Brad Pitt. Before I get started with this charity, I want to make sure you all know that I am unsure when I am going to retire from the entertainment business. Now thank you all for coming..." What the F***!!!

:pointstosky: as you see "Grind" here getting his panties in a bunch...moving on...

NFL network carried it all.

But Sho, did he not talk about it after a reporter asked a question about it?

IMO the question was thrown out there by the reporter as , i don't want to say save face, but a gesture by the reporter. Perhaps to put the conference into context and basically wrap things up.

But Sho, I think he sent yet more signals to TT about his concern.

You have to admit that it is not favorable for Favre to return uncertain about the line you have before you.

The press conference, which will be held at The Cottonwoods Golf Course in Tunica, was previously scheduled. Favre holds a press conference every year at his tournament and usually takes the opportunity to thank the sponsors of the event, which benefits the Brett Favre Fourward Foundation.

http://postcrescent.packersnews.com/archiv..._25512277.shtml

Now please quit jumping every time the media tells you to.

He does it every year....ESPN, the fans and every network assumed it was what the press conference was for....it was not.

I will agree, ESPN and NFL Network blew this out of proportion on what this was really supposed to be, but like someone else said, he sure spent a lot of time talking about what the Packers have to do to lure him back before someone asked him to talk about the charity.

P.S. I can't stand ESPN, they do this stuff all the time.

I will agree, ESPN and NFL Network blew this out of proportion on what this was really supposed to be, but like someone else said, he sure spent a lot of time talking about what the Packers have to do to lure him back before someone asked him to talk about the charity.

P.S. I can't stand ESPN, they do this stuff all the time.

He spent alot of time answering the questions posed to him...as he always does.

And sure he wants the team to be better...cannot blame him there. Some of that starts with him playing better too. And he has said if he comes back...he will be at all the camps working with the new coaches and players....

I wouldn't even want a guy on my team that is so unsure whether he wants to play that he needs to wait all offseason to decide.

farve is an idiot, he is wasting the packers draft planning time and I would think the fans are pissed by now. Even though they kiss his arse all the time.

I don't care though, da pack sucks.

farve is an idiot, he is wasting the packers draft planning time and I would think the fans are pissed by now. Even though they kiss his arse all the time.

I don't care though, da pack sucks.

Yeah...cause Thompson and McCarthy are sitting by the phone 24/7 waiting on Favre's decision rather than planning for the draft.

:bench:

GB just needs to cut him. I know every GB fan thinks Farve walks on water but it is time for the packers to move on.

If Farve wants to keep playing, fine. I'm sure he will look good in a Jets uni. This is a business and the packers need to make a smart business move. They need to find out if this Rogers kid is the real deal or if they need to make a move in the draft.

I'm not trying to bash Farve here. In fact I think he has been a great QB. He is tough and will do anything to win. I respect those traits. The fact is that Farve is going to retire this year or next year. The Packers need to start looking out for themselves. If Farve does play for one more year then what will that mean? What would the Packers gain from that? NOTHING. Cut him now and let the future begin today.

Sounds genius to me.

But I thought Ole Brett was just a good ol' boy that never played the media, and just wants to have fun?

But I thought Ole Brett was just a good ol' boy that never played the media, and just wants to have fun?

Looking at it now...not so sure Brett had much to do with anything.

A "family spokeswoman" apparently promised some sort of scoop. Getting all the media outlets in a tizzy.

But, your sentiment was a bit off anyway. Sure he plays the media from time to time...however, he does not go to them to talk about retirement...they come to him.

FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:first:

:banana:

:banana:

:mad:

:mad:

Favre schooled ESPN and made them look like chumps.

FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing stopping Green Bay from cutting Favre at this point is the outcry from Packer fans.

The team is in rebuilding mode and every year Favre plays is one year longer it's going to take.

He's certainly no longer a good-enough quarterback to be holding the Packers hostage the way he is.

New England and Philly would have cut him by now.

Guest stevejohnson
I used to like the guy, but something is wrong. Who scheduled a news conference for a charity event? Athletes and celebrities participate in a lot of charity events, but I don't think each involves a news conference. Simply wierd. "Hi, I'm Brett Farve. I'll have some toast and a big bowl of DRAMA for breakfast today". Most 13 year old girls don't even crave drama like Brett does.

I have to agree. Favre was always one of my favorite players to watch as he left it all out on the field but after listening to him inappropriately get involved in J. Walker's contract situation last off season, continuely passive/agressively "blame" his team mates after last season's horrible year (many of the losses were a direct result of his 29 INTS) and now him holding the entire Green Bay franchise hostage with this whole "I may come back, I may not" routine is really sad. Favre is really damaging his legacy at this point. He should just retire with some dignity now while people still remember him as a great player.....another 25+ INT, 3-4 win season would just be sad at this point!

Favre is not only a favorite football player of mine, he's also a favorite personality of mine.

He holds a press conference for his charity tournament every year. This time, he's shocked at the media attention, answers unrelated football questions like a gentleman and gets ripped. Weird. He even said "This is a joke. You guys should be watching baseball." True, he doesn't mind some attention, but this is silly.

Favre's decision is between him and the Packers organization. Ted Thompson is OK with this timing. McCarthy is OK with this timing. Favre is OK with this timing. Ultimately, that's all that matters. Their draft will be absolutely no different depending on what Favre does. So he comes back for a year. There are plenty of holes and you draft for the future anyway.

Sure, us Green Bay fans would like to know too, but it's not like we'll quit watching the Packers if Brett retires. This a loyal fanbase; not a bunch of bandwagon jumpers.

Guest stevejohnson
Favre is not only a favorite football player of mine, he's also a favorite personality of mine.

He holds a press conference for his charity tournament every year. This time, he's shocked at the media attention, answers unrelated football questions like a gentleman and gets ripped. Weird. He even said "This is a joke. You guys should be watching baseball." True, he doesn't mind some attention, but this is silly.

Favre's decision is between him and the Packers organization. Ted Thompson is OK with this timing. McCarthy is OK with this timing. Favre is OK with this timing. Ultimately, that's all that matters. Their draft will be absolutely no different depending on what Favre does. So he comes back for a year. There are plenty of holes and you draft for the future anyway.

Sure, us Green Bay fans would like to know too, but it's not like we'll quit watching the Packers if Brett retires. This a loyal fanbase; not a bunch of bandwagon jumpers.

As a Packer fan, how did you feel about Favre getting publicly involved in J. Walker'c contract situation? Walker is now basically good as gone so the team will have to not only replace thier HOF QB, but their #1 WR.....

I know you will say I am stalking...but notice I do post in Packer threads...

I feel he only stepped over the line when he stated something along the lines of I hope they do not give in or give him more money.

Other than that, I like that he stepped up and said something about him going about it the wrong way and that he should be in camp.....

As a Packer fan, how did you feel about Favre getting publicly involved in J. Walker'c contract situation? Walker is now basically good as gone so the team will have to not only replace thier HOF QB, but their #1 WR.....

Walker's a punk biatch. He would be a zero if not for FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

To actually beleive that Thompson and McCarthy are "OK with the time" is plain dumb. Farve is a legend in Packer land, as shown in these threads. Walks on water so to speak. Don't you think part, if not the only, reason Thompson and McCarthy are "OK with the timing" is because they realize the public relations nightmare not being OK with it would cause. If they would set a time limit for the decision and stick to the time frame, there would be a public relations nightmare. Say they say he has to decide by the NFL draft. Then they actually held him to it and cut him, if he hadn't decided by then. Would you Packer fans be aye OK with that? Some may but the mass majority would want Thompson's head.

Guest stevejohnson
To actually beleive that Thompson and McCarthy are "OK with the time" is plain dumb. Farve is a legend in Packer land, as shown in these threads. Walks on water so to speak. Don't you think part, if not the only, reason Thompson and McCarthy are "OK with the timing" is because they realize the public relations nightmare not being OK with it would cause. If they would set a time limit for the decision and stick to the time frame, there would be a public relations nightmare. Say they say he has to decide by the NFL draft. Then they actually held him to it and cut him, if he hadn't decided by then. Would you Packer fans be aye OK with that? Some may but the mass majority would want Thompson's head.

If he doesn't decide at least 48 hours before the draft, they need to just cut him. Favre has been a HOFer and great player for the Packers but he is clearly no longer part of their long term future plans and his continued game playing regarding his retirement is setting the entire team back in their rebuliding process. At this stage how much better is the team going to be with Farve then without him? He'll at least with a new QB you can bench him after throwing 4 INTs and costing you the game, with Farve the coach has to just grin and bare it!

Miami survived Marino retiring so I'm pretty sure Green Bay can handle Favre leaving the game as well. What are the fans going to do if he is cut, give up their season tickets? There is a 20 year waiting list for those tickets and they would be sold the same day they were given up.

It's time for both Brett and the Packers to move on already!

To actually beleive that Thompson and McCarthy are "OK with the time" is plain dumb.

...Say they say he has to decide by the NFL draft. Then they actually held him to it and cut him, if he hadn't decided by then. Would you Packer fans be aye OK with that?

Yeah, if Favre is holding the team back and you got no other option, cut him. I'd wonder about the direct cap hit on that one though. He's back-loaded his contract something fierce.

He's possibly the best player Green Bay has ever had, but Favre is just one player in a legendary Packer organization. I don't get that desperate of a feeling from either Favre or the Packers on this one though. Mostly this is just everybody on the outside not understanding that it really doesn't matter that much. Rodgers is being prepared right now as if Favre is not coming back. McCarthy and Thompson are preparing as if Favre retires and get gravy if he decides to return--no problem whatsoever.

Packer fans would love to see him play again this year. But if he doesn't, pass me a beer and let's see what this new kid can do.