Sign in to follow this  
Bishop82

Colts - Edge = ?

I don't know if someone already posted this. But what do people think of the colts with out Edge? I'm keeping Manning this year, and was curious what kind of year he might have.

<_<

Manning will be just fine throwing the rock. I think the starting rb might even gain a few more yards than we expect because opposing defenses will not be putting 8 men in the box to stop the run. Rhodes has a real shot of 1200+ yards and 10+ td unless they bring in a FA.

I don't know if someone already posted this. But what do people think of the colts with out Edge? I'm keeping Manning this year, and was curious what kind of year he might have.

<_<

They will be just fine with Rhodes and the addition of a rookie back. (Addai??) Manning will still light it up and is as safe a QB as one could own!

he could hit 40 TD's again. The D should be better again so they may not need to score so much.

Manning will be just fine throwing the rock. I think the starting rb might even gain a few more yards than we expect because opposing defenses will not be putting 8 men in the box to stop the run. Rhodes has a real shot of 1200+ yards and 10+ td unless they bring in a FA.

With Mungro on board, I really feel they will use the draft for a future Stud rb instead of Free agency. I'm wrong alot though. :mad:

I don't keep up with who is going where. It's too much of a crapshoot. I'm more focused on if the player is good or not...

That said, I'd think Addai is a very good fit for the Colts. As a Titans fan, I hope they don't take him but it would be the smart pick, IMHO....

Manning will be fine if they can get a good blocking/receiving RB to fill in for James--easier said than done, but its possible. Not every team can throw the kitchen sink at Manning and get away with it. That's why only a few teams a capable of beating the Colts offense. I wouldn't hype Manning as a 1st round FF pick, but he should be a top 5 FF QB again.

I don't keep up with who is going where. It's too much of a crapshoot. I'm more focused on if the player is good or not...

That said, I'd think Addai is a very good fit for the Colts. As a Titans fan, I hope they don't take him but it would be the smart pick, IMHO....

Manning will be fine if they can get a good blocking/receiving RB to fill in for James--easier said than done, but its possible. Not every team can throw the kitchen sink at Manning and get away with it. That's why only a few teams a capable of beating the Colts offense. I wouldn't hype Manning as a 1st round FF pick, but he should be a top 5 FF QB again.

In looking over the points scored from last season, Manning should definitely be a late first round pick. He got off to an awful start in his first 3 or 4 games, then rebounded to carry many teams up until they decided to "rest" him for the playoffs. I'll betcha they don't sit him down this season....... He looked rusty as hell in that first half against Pitt.

8 in the box.....whoever put 8 in the Box while Manning is QBing?....i dont think that was ever a problem with Edge....becaus if any team was saying we'll see if Manning can beat us....then they got beat manning had 500 yds and whoever was game planning was on some serious shiz...

they will not bring a Rb in through FAs but maybe in the draft at some point whether its 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th round...

I agree about Addai. From what I know, his stock has gone up. He's a good receiver out of the backfield and is a good blocker so he would fit Indy's system very well.

Manning, Manning, Manning.

With Palmer iffy, Culpepper iffy, McNabb no weapons, is there really another QB even close to Manning this season?

After the top 3 RBs, if your QBs score 4 or more points/TD, I think you have to look at Manning. The spread between him and the next best is HUGE.

They will draft a good rb and be just fine. Manning, Harrison, and waynes #'s will benefit and the colt will proably end up winning the division with 11-13 wins.

I'll betcha they don't sit him down this season....... He looked rusty as hell in that first half against Pitt.

I don't expect that to be an issue this year because I don't see them getting a bye in the playoffs. AFC teams are learning how to stop Manning, and IMO Manning is doing little to change his act. He will struggle his first 3 games like last year as the Offense has to "find itself" again... then be hit or miss depending on the matchups.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong.

I definitely think there will be a drop off in overall production. I forget, wasn't they're last poor season the year he tore his ACL?

I think people greatly underestimate his value to that offense.

They didn't really utilize him last year.

So your answer is not really.

Huh? :ninja:

We'll go back to seeing greedy manning taking all the RZ tds. Lock him into 35-40TDs.

They didn't really utilize him last year.

So your answer is not really.

Huh? :ninja:

We'll go back to seeing greedy manning taking all the RZ tds. Lock him into 35-40TDs.

Okay, I had mentioned this in a different posting about the Steelers Colts AFC game.

My comment was referring to how Manning, in certain games, lets the moment take his game out of control (could phrase this better, but is the gest of it.)

Specifically I had stated that Manning had blown opportunities to utilize Edge to get a first down at the end of the game. Steelers had left him open.

Which you have inferred as Manning greed of throwing the ball and trying to score the home run.

However, I think there are enough returning pieces here, that I think they will find an adequate replacement to return to the afc championship game this year.

same answer to question, no impact.

I definitely think there will be a drop off in overall production. I forget, wasn't they're last poor season the year he tore his ACL?

I think people greatly underestimate his value to that offense.

Greedy Manning?

Did you know that 2 years ago when he broke the TD record, there were 3 QB's in the league who threw more TD's inside the 10 than Manning did?

One of them was Brady. Another was Culpepper. (I can remember the 3rd) Are they greedy?

That being said, as a Colts homer, I agree with RedTodd. I think they will miss him a great deal.

IMO, he was as much the cog in that offensive machine as Manning is, probably more.

In his career, the Colts won like 75% of games ha played in and 30% of games he didnt play in.

He was a stud and I dont think the offense will be the same.

Plus, I gotta go buy another freaking jersey now.