Sign in to follow this  
lsk6453

Which WR will the Lions take in the 1st round this year?

opinions?

Vernon Davis if he is available. Of course not technically a WR, but you get the picture.

:lol:

Their first pick won't be a WR this year. No way in hell!

Hawk or Huff and Hawk won't likely be there. Both would be fine players to score in this draft.

Sims is an outside possibility. :wall:

:pointstosky:

Their first pick won't be a WR this year. No way in hell!

Hawk or Huff and Hawk won't likely be there. Both would be fine players to score in this draft.

Sims is an outside possibility. :headbanger:

If I were the Lions, I would be publically falling in love with Vernon Davis. Maybe they can get the Rams to bite the way Cleveland (give up a early second to move up one spot) did a couple years ago when Winslow was so coveted.

If I were the Lions, I would be publically falling in love with Vernon Davis. Maybe they can get the Rams to bite the way Cleveland (give up a early second to move up one spot) did a couple years ago when Winslow was so coveted.

I seriously doubt Davis drops to the 9th pick.

Maybe they could draft Chad Jackson and put him in Mike Williams' uniform. The opposing DB would be helpless because he'd be expecting a 4.7 guy!

Maybe they could draft Chad Jackson and put him in Mike Williams' uniform. The opposing DB would be helpless because he'd be expecting a 4.7 guy!

Now here's some humor I can appreciate. :doh:

Quit drafting WRs Millen :doh:

I think ya'll are missing the boat on this one. As much as it seems the main qualification for being drafted by the Lions is the fact that the player is a WR, that is not the case. I think they really appreciate the player who hasn’t played football in a year or more even greater. Therefore, I fully expect them to selected Maurice Clarrett this year. Less is more meaning the less football you played the greater your value in the eyes of the Detroit Lion's decision makers.

The underlying humor makes this a post of the week candidate.

'With the 9th pick in the draft, the Detroit Lions select Santonio Holmes' :first:

That would be a honor to have my humor marked as post of the week..

I would like to thank the academy...

opinions?

Yeah, you're a moron and this joke lost its humor after the 1,000,000th time it was posted which was about 1,000,000,000 posts ago!

the atlanta falcons have taken wr in the first two years in a row and are rumored to be looking that way again...the jags have taken wr 2 years in a row.

of those 4 wrs taken by those two teams, none has really done a damn thing (though jones showed flashes last year).

just some levity :(

the atlanta falcons have taken wr in the first two years in a row and are rumored to be looking that way again...the jags have taken wr 2 years in a row.

of those 4 wrs taken by those two teams, none has really done a damn thing (though jones showed flashes last year).

just some levity :doublethumbsup:

The Lions took WR's 3 years in a row and all very HIGH in the draft. The financial, talent investment of the Lions was far greater.

As far as a three year run....it may be considered as one of the all time Draft Blunders/oddities in NFL history

M. Huff if he'd there! Don't be surprised if Martz and Millen put their brains together and draft a wr.

The Lions took WR's 3 years in a row and all very HIGH in the draft. The financial, talent investment of the Lions was far greater.

As far as a three year run....it may be considered as one of the all time Draft Blunders/oddities in NFL history

if mike williams works out, all will be--or should be--forgiven millen concerning these wr picks. not only was mike the bpa on the lions board at pick 9 last year, the pick was made with info millen knew but we didn't: rogers had already flunked 3 drug tests.

now if you want to bash him for the rogers pick, knock yourself out. but bashing him for all 3 picks is ridiculous.

I seriously doubt Davis drops to the 9th pick.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that although if he was available for the Lions at 9, that to me would be a great pick because Pollard is no spring chicken and who else do they have at that spot? Fitzsimmons, he wouldn't scare anyone except maybe himself.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that although if he was available for the Lions at 9, that to me would be a great pick because Pollard is no spring chicken and who else do they have at that spot? Fitzsimmons, he wouldn't scare anyone except maybe himself.

they signed campbell (blocking te from dallas). pollard has plenty of gas left in the tank, but it would be nice to get a young guy in there to groom. not at 9, though.

they signed campbell (blocking te from dallas). pollard has plenty of gas left in the tank, but it would be nice to get a young guy in there to groom. not at 9, though.

How old is Pollard, 34? I thought he got hurt last year as well and Campbell doesn't provide much in the passing game. They could use an infusion of youth there but I'm sure it's not their biggest need.

How old is Pollard, 34? I thought he got hurt last year as well and Campbell doesn't provide much in the passing game. They could use an infusion of youth there but I'm sure it's not their biggest need.

they don't have a gonzo or a gates, but it isn't a position of dire need, either.

M. Huff if he'd there! Don't be surprised if Martz and Millen put their brains together and draft a wr.

Convert Huff to a WR? :bandana:

they don't have a gonzo or a gates, but it isn't a position of dire need, either.

What do you think is the Lions biggest weakness?

What do you think is the Lions biggest weakness?

I know you didn't ask m(e, but I think their biggest weaknesses are:

(1) O-Line

(2) Secondary

(3) Linebackers

(4) QB

I know you didn't ask m(e, but I think their biggest weaknesses are:

(1) O-Line

(2) Secondary

(3) Linebackers

(4) QB

linebacker could vault to #1 depending on the health of lehman and bailey. free safety is #2. they added about 4 bodies on o-line in the past month, so they have some depth there but it'd be nice to get an upgrade at guard in day 1 of the draft.

qb? not really a weakness at this point. you can win with those guys. you don't need a manning.

linebacker could vault to #1 depending on the health of lehman and bailey. free safety is #2. they added about 4 bodies on o-line in the past month, so they have some depth there but it'd be nice to get an upgrade at guard in day 1 of the draft.

qb? not really a weakness at this point. you can win with those guys. you don't need a manning.

Agree with thoughts about linebacker.

I'm still a little concerned about our QB situation and will be until I see some results on the field. I certainly think that Kitna or McCown could be decent if not above-average, but they haven't proven much if anything o n the field yet. Kitna has been a backup for the past couple years and McCown has been average with the Cards.

Don't need to address is necessarily in the draft this year, but after FS, linebacker, and o-line, it is our next biggest weakness.

Vernon Davis if he is available. Of course not technically a WR, but you get the picture.

Then they could make Mike Williams a TE , and have Davis at WR.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

stat of the day: of the 4 TEs that went to hawaii last year, only one (gonzo) was taken in the first round of a draft.

If it's a LB they want, I don't see Hawk falling to their pick at 9 although I could see them taking Michael Huff if he's still there. The Lions could trade down a few slots and still get a solid LB, maybe an Ernie Sims, Kamerion Wimbley, Chad Greenway,someone like that.

If it's a LB they want, I don't see Hawk falling to their pick at 9 although I could see them taking Michael Huff if he's still there. The Lions could trade down a few slots and still get a solid LB, maybe an Ernie Sims, Kamerion Wimbley, Chad Greenway,someone like that.

there were reports i read today that if ngata fell past the bills at 8 that a few teams--most notably the ravens at 13--would be interested in trading with the lions.

i still there's a 60 percent chance the lions do trade down a few spots. especially if huff and all the other usual suspects are gone.