Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Just played a 9 person sit & go NL Tournie

And got third place. :D Didn't win one single hand. I must be lucky! :shocking:

Just got in the money again with sheet for cards...third place. Won three and 1/2 pots (1 split). LuckyFucky. :thumbsdown:

3 Tournies, three third place finishes. This time I actually got some cards and won 12+ pots, but couldn't seal the deal.....still in the money though. :shocking:

what site are you on?

absolute, just playing 6 +1 sit and goes while I build up my bankroll, I hope. Deposit 50 about a week ago....busted through 100 tonight.

absolute, just playing 6 +1 sit and goes while I build up my bankroll, I hope. Deposit 50 about a week ago....busted through 100 tonight.

nice job :shocking: how do you like the site?

nice job :shocking: how do you like the site?

For me, it's good. I play the sit and goes almost exclusively. Start with 1500 chips and they go up slowly. I can be patient most of the time and grind away if need be (like the first game I described in the thread). Also let's me trap a lot. Recently cashed out 1000 out of a free 35 bucks...left 400, built it up to 550 and then had the worst run of cards I ever experienced, busting out in about 3 weeks. Took a three week break and now am trying to build up slowly again. So far so good.

Time to move up in stakes.....playing a 10 +1 ...either busting way through 100 or back below. :ninja: :P

Dealt to KUTULU [10d 10s]

KUTULU - Calls $20

DOYLSDISCPL - Folds

CAPECODCHIC - Folds

PETER PUG - Calls $20

CHIEFTON - Folds

MARINI - Folds

JODMAN79 - Calls $20

POT_CHAMP - Calls $10

VIPER_XOX - Checks

*** FLOP *** [10c 9c 10h]

POT_CHAMP - Checks

VIPER_XOX - Checks

KUTULU - Checks

PETER PUG - Checks

JODMAN79 - Bets $140

POT_CHAMP - Folds

VIPER_XOX - Folds

KUTULU - Calls $140

PETER PUG - Folds

*** TURN *** [10c 9c 10h] [5c]

KUTULU - Checks

JODMAN79 - Checks

*** RIVER *** [10c 9c 10h 5c] [7d]

KUTULU - Bets $120

JODMAN79 - Calls $120

*** SHOW DOWN ***

KUTULU - Shows [10d 10s] (Four of a kind, tens)

JODMAN79 - Mucks

KUTULU Collects $620 from main pot :ninja:

I am playing on absolute right now.

:banana:

What game do you play? Just busted out in 4th, flopped 2 pair, he flopped a str8. Prision Sex. :cry:

What game do you play? Just busted out in 4th, flopped 2 pair, he flopped a str8. Prision Sex. :banana:

I am in 1096661

Have either of you guys played at Titan for $ yet? If not, I'll front you some $ to sign up.

Not yet at least I don't think so. :mad:

I have to recommend a site for you guys. I've recently left pokerroom for greener pastures.

Check out bodog. The players on that site are ALL really bad. They call down every hand. I play 1-2 short table limit and I don't slowplay anything. If I flop a set, I bet it out and 2 guys call me all the way down. Seriously, there is some serious money that can be made here.

BODOG

I have to recommend a site for you guys. I've recently left pokerroom for greener pastures.

Check out bodog. The players on that site are ALL really bad. They call down every hand. I play 1-2 short table limit and I don't slowplay anything. If I flop a set, I bet it out and 2 guys call me all the way down. Seriously, there is some serious money that can be made here.

BODOG

You or someone else suggested that site to me when I busted out my absolute $$ last time. I intended to check it out when I reloaded, but being one of the laziest people I know, I just went back to absolute.

Next time, I swear.

BODOG

Okay, help me out here. I've been playing on Yahoo with free $$ to learn this game before I venture into the real stuff. I turned $1000 into $1275 the first night I played, but got a bad run last night & lost back to $975. I'm not going near this until I understand things like the above better. Played spades for years, but my poker experience is just the basics.

I lost two crazy hands last night. On one, there we're two 9's showing, I had a 9 & 3 (Sorry, don't remember the suits). I felt pretty good & there were only 3 of us left. I ended up losing to a player who had the other 9 & a 7. :(

The other one I split the pot on a full house :lol:

Okay, help me out here. I've been playing on Yahoo with free $$ to learn this game before I venture into the real stuff. I turned $1000 into $1275 the first night I played, but got a bad run last night & lost back to $975. I'm not going near this until I understand things like the above better. Played spades for years, but my poker experience is just the basics.

I lost two crazy hands last night. On one, there we're two 9's showing, I had a 9 & 3 (Sorry, don't remember the suits). I felt pretty good & there were only 3 of us left. I ended up losing to a player who had the other 9 & a 7. :first:

The other one I split the pot on a full house :thumbsup:

Don't play crap like 9 3 and you will not run into this problem very often.

I lost two crazy hands last night. On one, there we're two 9's showing, I had a 9 & 3 (Sorry, don't remember the suits). I felt pretty good & there were only 3 of us left. I ended up losing to a player who had the other 9 & a 7. :thumbsup:

The other one I split the pot on a full house :thumbsup:

What he said. And don't play free money sites to "learn" poker. All you will learn is how to play like crap. If you want to learn how to play poker get a book. I recommend Lee Jones' book on low limit cash hold' em only because you can't get into too much trouble playing low limit hold 'em. Then progress from there.

Let me reiterate. The people who play the free money sites suck and do not play the way you will see people play when you go to a real money site. If you play the free money site to learn this game you will only learn bad habits which will cost you real money when you take the plunge into real money poker.

What he said. And don't play free money sites to "learn" poker. All you will learn is how to play like crap. If you want to learn how to play poker get a book. I recommend Lee Jones' book on low limit cash hold' em only because you can't get into too much trouble playing low limit hold 'em. Then progress from there.

Let me reiterate. The people who play the free money sites suck and do not play the way you will see people play when you go to a real money site. If you play the free money site to learn this game you will only learn bad habits which will cost you real money when you take the plunge into real money poker.

Yep....even in a tourney with the buy in as low as 1 or 2 bucks the play will be way better than you will see in a play money tourney. Play money you see like 4 or 5 people go all in on the first hand.

I lost two crazy hands last night. On one, there we're two 9's showing, I had a 9 & 3 (Sorry, don't remember the suits). I felt pretty good & there were only 3 of us left. I ended up losing to a player who had the other 9 & a 7. B)

The other one I split the pot on a full house :rolleyes:

Spend a moment at the poker board at the Danzone. Some of us have posted some good guidlelines for play and links to good info.

Kutulu,

I have set people up with $35 cash up front ot play titan. I get a referaal bonus as well. I would need your neteller e-mail addy or a paypal addy to give it to you.

Spend a moment at the poker board at the Danzone. Some of us have posted some good guidlelines for play and links to good info.

Kutulu,

I have set people up with $35 cash up front ot play titan. I get a referaal bonus as well. I would need your neteller e-mail addy or a paypal addy to give it to you.

Thanks, Bob....I will try and set up my netteller account again. I messed up one digit when I was trying to get it "certified" or something like that several months ago and then got lazy....I know :rolleyes:

Hey Bob, can you front that money if I have already played at the site or is it just for first-timers? I'm assuming it's just first-timers but thought I would ask. I was in Titan for a short time. I only deposited $25.00 and ended up busting out. I play at Stars now. I liked Titan just caught a string of bad cards and have not got back to the site.

Never mind, I re-read your post and see that it's just first-timers.

I'm on PartyPoker (AMike128) and I like it well enough. A decent amount of bad players at 50 NL ring games. I've heard good things about BODOG, are there more fish there than PP? :thumbsup:

Just got another 3rd place finish, in the money but still :mad: hard to move the bankroll much that way.

Last hand flopped 4 to the club flush vs. a set of Jacks. Go all in and hit my club on the river :blink:

the Jack of clubs :doh:

Can ya believe, played one more sit and go tourney before bed last night...yet another third place finish. :blink: I think that makes it 5 out of the last six games third place finishes and one fourth :wacko:

Just got another 3rd place finish, in the money but still :mad: hard to move the bankroll much that way.

Last hand flopped 4 to the club flush vs. a set of Jacks. Go all in and hit my club on the river :blink:

the Jack of clubs :cheers:

You go all-in on a flush draw?

Which site do you play again and what is your screen name? :wacko:

Which site do you play again and what is your screen name? <_<

I usually don't go into all the details...cause I find it pretty boring to read, but like I said it was down to three...I was the small stack with about 2K I believe...the BB was up to 1K.....once I called the raise and hit four to the flush, I was just about committed. Still almost squeaked it out, hitting the flush on the river...dude hit quads on the river....not much you can do there, IMO, but if you want to tango

it's absolute.com (same name as I use here) good luck.

Which site do you play again and what is your screen name? :wall:

If you're going to do it the flop is the time. You're almost 50/50 at that point. Short handed it's not a bad play as the other player will fold much of the time if they didn't hit on the flop.

BODOG

I play at Pacific Poker. Seems pretty good to me, but it is the only site I have tried. Comments?