Sign in to follow this  
Second Place Don't Pay

2 draftees fail drug test

I'll guess Lendale White - if he was that out of shape to have man boobs - didn't participate in a couple of other things :thumbsup: . Maybe he was smoking the good stuff.

#2 ???

the kicker Scifres and DT Claude Wroten unless there's been another,Wroten was caught earlier in the year with near an ounce and 4k on him too so he's pretty much screwed. Scrifes is the only kicker in the draft with an NFL leg and is the only potential starter from the kickers pool this year so it hurts him more potentially considering the risks already involved in starting rookie Ks.

not sure its lendale as kirwin goes on to predict he will be picked 32nd, if he had failed a test. i could see him falling further than that.

I'll guess Lendale White - if he was that out of shape to have man boobs - didn't participate in a couple of other things :banana: . Maybe he was smoking the good stuff.

#2 ???

a torn hamstring would probably account for the lack of shape and workouts....

Mario Williams :ninja: ?

a torn hamstring would probably account for the lack of shape and workouts....

Mario Williams :lol: ?

I'm thinking Williams is fine - he's still where he was in the last mock draft Kirwan did. I'm going with DeMeco Ryans. He's noted as some coaches saying he's slipping to the second round, and Kirwan dropped him 9 spots. Wroten was a crime disclosed long ago - this is an undisclosed (as of now) test failure, like Castillo last year.

I would have to guess that Vernon Davis is one of them. He supposedly put on like 20 pounds without losing any speed.

the kicker Scifres and DT Claude Wroten unless there's been another,Wroten was caught earlier in the year with near an ounce and 4k on him too so he's pretty much screwed. Scrifes is the only kicker in the draft with an NFL leg and is the only potential starter from the kickers pool this year so it hurts him more potentially considering the risks already involved in starting rookie Ks.

You are correct in that both Scifres and Wroten tested positive prior to the COMBINE. Wroten was caught in January with the marijuana on him but has since been relegated to misdemeanor charges so no, he's not "screwed" as you so eloquently mention.

Wroten is indeed a first round talent so if the report the original poster is referring to is different, then I'm not sure who he is referring to. Wroten was going to test positive for the combine due to the drug still being in his system from earlier this year.

Irregardless, it seems Wroten has learned his lesson and will make some lucky team VERY happy. He is a first round talent and IMO much better than overrated Bunkley from FSU and the like...he'll be a steal in the second round.

You are correct in that both Scifres and Wroten tested positive prior to the COMBINE. Wroten was caught in January with the marijuana on him but has since been relegated to misdemeanor charges so no, he's not "screwed" as you so eloquently mention.

Wroten is indeed a first round talent so if the report the original poster is referring to is different, then I'm not sure who he is referring to. Wroten was going to test positive for the combine due to the drug still being in his system from earlier this year.

Irregardless, it seems Wroten has learned his lesson and will make some lucky team VERY happy. He is a first round talent and IMO much better than overrated Bunkley from FSU and the like...he'll be a steal in the second round.

Irregardless is not a word....

Actually, it is accepted as a non-standard form of the word regardless. Makes you wonder, however, why someone would bother typing the extra two letters...

Actually, it is accepted as a non-standard form of the word regardless. Makes you wonder, however, why someone would bother typing the extra two letters...

Because he/she is a Tiger fan and GO in Bayou country is actually GEAUX.

Gosslein's Second Mock has Winston Justice at #23, every other mock i have seen has him as a top 10 pick, maybe he knows somthing we dont, Winston has also been flagged for " character issues" earlier in his SC career.So its a possibility.

Don't you hate it when a guy is all cocky and tries to correct someone else's grammar, only to find out that irregardless is a word, even if it is debated?

Apologise, and eat crow.

Gosslein's Second Mock has Winston Justice at #23, every other mock i have seen has him as a top 10 pick, maybe he knows somthing we dont, Winston has also been flagged for " character issues" earlier in his SC career.So its a possibility.

I was wondering about that myself. This wasnt the reason evidently.

The players, from what I heard, are Wroten and Scifries as noted above.

BTW, can you image two mocks by one guy being more different than Gosselin I and Gosselin II?

J

Don't you hate it when a guy is all cocky and tries to correct someone else's grammar, only to find out that irregardless is a word, even if it is debated?

Apologise, and eat crow.

:lol: Yes, I do love that. Thank you for pointing it out to the original "smart guy."

Because he/she is a Tiger fan and GO in Bayou country is actually GEAUX.

Correct. :wall:

I'll go with the homer pick and say WR Holmes. He's from Florida and went to school at Ohio State. Awwww fock it, let's go with two OSU products..the other one being Rob Carpenter.

Guest Black Label Society

Apologise, and eat crow.

irregardless IS a word.

irregardless

One entry found for irregardless.

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

nonstandard : REGARDLESS

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

i think it's irresponsible for the media to cast suspicion on the entire draft class by saying "a couple of players--can't say who--have failed drug tests...please guess which ones!"

if it's that confidential, keep the whole thing confidential. now ALL the players are under suspicion.

i think it's irresponsible for the media to cast suspicion on the entire draft class by saying "a couple of players--can't say who--have failed drug tests...please guess which ones!"

if it's that confidential, keep the whole thing confidential. now ALL the players are under suspicion.

As a Lions fan, why do you care? As if it will effect anyone's draft stock in Millen's eyes - he could suspect, know, whatever and it won't change a thing. He is the same idiot that spent the 2 pick on a guy with a failed test, afterall.

irregardless IS a word.

irregardless

One entry found for irregardless.

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

nonstandard : REGARDLESS

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

There are several "words" like this. If the public misuses, or simply invents, a word, the dictionaries eventually add it. Acceptance soon follows, thus focking up the language. Irregardless is no more a word than "fock" will be in twenty years after message board denizens use it enough for it to become commonplace.

/derail off

There are several "words" like this. If the public misuses, or simply invents, a word, the dictionaries eventually add it. Acceptance soon follows, thus focking up the language. Irregardless is no more a word than "fock" will be in twenty years after message board denizens use it enough for it to become commonplace.

/derail off

Webster, in his original unabridged catalog of the English language asserts that he originally set out to form the static listing of English words but altered his understanding of language during the composition of the dictionary. In his intro he made the case that language is evolving, not static. Of course the need for an extra "two letters", as jdswan922 so notably observed, can be debated.

with regard to the message board, for gods sake it is a quick type format, i assume the intent of the original poster was understood, why the insult?