Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

what nfl team has the most fantasy talent?

i was in a league a unique league a few years ago. it was a 12 team league. each person in the league got to draft two nfl clubs. then from those clubs and ONLY those clubs, you submitted your weekly lineup of 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, k, def each week.

one would think a league like that could never be fair, because the team with the top picks will of course take teams like st louis (then warner, faulk, holt, bruce) or indy (then manning, james, harrison) and dominate. interestingly, i actually won the league that year with my team "a priest and some saints" which was basically brooks, priest (his breakout year), deuce, horn, stallworth, gonzo.

anyhow, i was just thinking about this and wondered what teams would be the top 5 or so picks now. indy is short a stud RB now. and there are sleepers like arizona, but they lack any real QB star power.

what would be the top 5 teams you would take, and why?

i was in a league a unique league a few years ago. it was a 12 team league. each person in the league got to draft two nfl clubs. then from those clubs and ONLY those clubs, you submitted your weekly lineup of 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, k, def each week.

one would think a league like that could never be fair, because the team with the top picks will of course take teams like st louis (then warner, faulk, holt, bruce) or indy (then manning, james, harrison) and dominate. interestingly, i actually won the league that year with my team "a priest and some saints" which was basically brooks, priest (his breakout year), deuce, horn, stallworth, gonzo.

anyhow, i was just thinking about this and wondered what teams would be the top 5 or so picks now. indy is short a stud RB now. and there are sleepers like arizona, but they lack any real QB star power.

I think Arizona is going to be a huge fantasy team this year!

my top 10...

1. Indy - hope that the RB situation works itself out into at least a 2nd value, then add in manning and manning, wayne, clark, and a great D and K as well. since you get both RBs, worth the gamble at #1.

2. Cincinnati - assuming palmer is healthy, thats a 1st (rudi), two 2nds (palmer/cj), and a 5th (housh)

3. Arizona - since you get both QBs, its not too bad, and Edge/Fitz/Q is sick.

4. Seattle - alexander is still a superstar, and the rest of the team fills a lineup in a hurry with hasselbeck, djax, burleson, and stevens.

5. St Louis - great 1-2 punch with sjax/holt, very good QB in bulger, and guys to fill the roster at wr/te

6. Oakland - another great 1-2 punch with jordan/moss, brooks a decent fantasy QB, and porter to boot

7. San Diego - hang your hat on tomlinson and gates, and hang on for the ride with rivers and mccardell

8. KC - see san diego

9. Miami - this team is all about potential with culpepper, ronnie, and chambers, and a nice TE as well

10. NY Giants - some would have this one higher, but i expect a letdown from tiki and eli. however add in plax and shockey and it fills the lineup

Wow, thatis an intersting concept for a fantsy draft. I would be up for it, but the rest fo the guys in my league would never go for it.

I would rank the top five (with my two that I would draft) as follows:

1-Seattle (Hass, Alexander, Stevens, Jackson, Brown, and the D all good plays week in and week out)

2-Dolphins (if Culpepper is healthy, Ronnie Brown, McMichael, Chambers, Mare, and a pretty good D)

==================================================================

The rest of the top five in no particular order:

3- Cowboys (Bledso, Jones, TO, Witten and an improving D)

4- Bengals (Palmer, Rudi, Chad and Housh, Graham)

5- Steelers (Roth, Ward, FWP, Miller, Reed and an excellent D)

Mine looks like...

1. NY Giants: Top 5 QB, top 5 RB, and top 3 TE. Add Burress and this is a strong team. They also beefed up their D in the off-season (I think they are this year's Chicago in fantasy terms).

2. Indianapolis: Peyton needs no explaination. The best fantasy WR duo in the league, for one more year at least. Clark is servicable at TE. There will most likely be an RBBC this year, keeping them from #1. Defense is great, too.

3. Arizona: Amazing WRs. Top 8 RB. Whoever is throwing the ball can't not put up good numbers.

4. Cincinnati: Palmer broke out last year. His injury is really a shame, and I hope he makes a full recovery. Chad Johnson is elite and Housh had some good games last year as well. Rudi is a first-round back.

5. Seattle: Alexander is a top tier running back, and I don't believe in curses. Hasselbeck puts up nice numbers. Darrell Jackson is an average #1 receiver and a great #2. Stevens is a nice backup TE. Solid defense.

It gets cloudy after this, but my next six are: San Diego, Miami, Kansas City, St Louis, Oakland, New Orleans.

my top 10...

1. Indy - hope that the RB situation works itself out into at least a 2nd value, then add in manning and manning, wayne, clark, and a great D and K as well. since you get both RBs, worth the gamble at #1.

2. Cincinnati - assuming palmer is healthy, thats a 1st (rudi), two 2nds (palmer/cj), and a 5th (housh)

3. Arizona - since you get both QBs, its not too bad, and Edge/Fitz/Q is sick.

4. Seattle - alexander is still a superstar, and the rest of the team fills a lineup in a hurry with hasselbeck, djax, burleson, and stevens.

5. St Louis - great 1-2 punch with sjax/holt, very good QB in bulger, and guys to fill the roster at wr/te

6. Oakland - another great 1-2 punch with jordan/moss, brooks a decent fantasy QB, and porter to boot

7. San Diego - hang your hat on tomlinson and gates, and hang on for the ride with rivers and mccardell

8. KC - see san diego

9. Miami - this team is all about potential with culpepper, ronnie, and chambers, and a nice TE as well

10. NY Giants - some would have this one higher, but i expect a letdown from tiki and eli. however add in plax and shockey and it fills the lineup

i like this list the best, but NY should be a little higher i believe over KC.

Portis

Moss

Lloyd

Cooley

Defense

:thumbsup:

yes, theres a reason they werent even among the 15 or so teams i considered. :P

agree with doughboy: arizona would be my sleeper ff (overall) team. cincy also gets strong consideration depending on palmer's health.

miami? are you kidding? not even close.

Only two NFL teams---lineup of 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, k, def

I would rank Seattle my number one pick,because you get everything QB,RB,WR. I also like Arizona with the two WRs you could then go for LJ or LT.

Seattle & Cinn.

Seattle-#1RB Alexander,#2WRDJax,good QB-hasselbeck-then you also get depth at WR with burleson & TE in stevens.

Cincinnati - Your #2RB Rudi & #1WR Chad Johnson

Your team

QB-Palmer/Hasselbeck

RB-Alexander,Rudi-plus Perry

WR-Chad Johnson,DJax

TE-Stevens

If only KC or SD had a good WR

sleeper picks:

Cowboy- TO, J.Jones, Drew Bledso, Witten

Miami-Ronnie Brown, Chambers, McMichael

c'mon suckas....

the saints

J. Horn

D. Stallworth

D. brees

R. Bush

D. McCalister

J. Carney

All first team fantasy starters......

i dont think they crack the top 5 or even top 7... cinci, seatle, and the colts are among my top 3, with the cardinals in consisderation.

ok :banana: :banana: :blink: :first: [

quote name=ellisonb11' date='May 28 2006, 02:40 PM' post='2442646]

i dont think they crack the top 5 or even top 7... cinci, seatle, and the colts are among my top 3, with the cardinals in consisderation.

Brooks

Moss

Porter

Jordan

There's always potential, but seem to come up short.

Depends on the scoring system really.. but this year..

Zona - Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Edge

Indy - Manning, Harrison, Wayne

Miami - Culpepper (if healthy), Chambers, Brown, McMichael, D

Cincy - Palmer (if healthy), Rudi, CJ, Hoosh, D (if INT's score).

NYG - Manning, Tiki, Plax, Shockey

SEA - SA, Hasselback, SJAX, Burleson, Stevens

In this concept Carolina is team that could help you. You get an All world wideout in Steve Smith, two RBS with a ton of upside in Foster and Williams, a legit starting fantasy QB in Jake, a potential role playing WR in Keyshawn, a kicker that's usually solid in Kasay and a D that has the potential to be top 5. It's not a team that blows you away but it could pair up with another team and be very solid in this format since it provides help everywhere except TE.

How about the Vikings? Taylor...aaaaand...ooh, Longwell...then there's...umm...Hutchinson? And uhh...

Yeah, ok, forget I mentioned it.

This format is very interesting but one thing does not change: RB Rules the roost.

I would try despreately to get one of either KC or SD and trot out Tomlinson and Gates or LJ and Gonzo every week. Naturally Rivers and Green would be nothing more than backups...

From there you want a team with Wideouts and a QB so pairing that team with either the Rams, Cards or Bengals would be ideal.

From a balanced perspective I would think the Giants and Seahawks would have to be near the top.