Sign in to follow this  
jiujitsugod71

#1 overall rookie dynasty pick for #4 & #7 overall rookie

i think i like the deal, but you can get him to add one more piece. at #1 you feel the pressure to take reggie bush. frankly, i dont want bush. id rather sit at 4 and hope to get deangelo or maroney. if you knew you could get one of those two, then i'd do the deal for sure. if not, it gets interesting, but thats still going to be 2 very good prospects. why not just draft bush, who the guy obviously wants, and then wait til 4. if the guy you want is there, go for it.

#1 and # 25went in my dynasty league for #2 and #12.

Basically, the owner of the #1 pick didn't want Bush. He is a Carolina homer who wanted Williams anyway. So, he figured he added #12 and got to pick the guy he wanted anyways.

I think you can get more for it. Depends on who you really want if you give up Bush. Chances are you will get stuck with Addai or White at 4 and Leinhart or Young at 7 (maybe Davis).

Tough Call

i think i like the deal, but you can get him to add one more piece. at #1 you feel the pressure to take reggie bush. frankly, i dont want bush. id rather sit at 4 and hope to get deangelo or maroney. if you knew you could get one of those two, then i'd do the deal for sure. if not, it gets interesting, but thats still going to be 2 very good prospects. why not just draft bush, who the guy obviously wants, and then wait til 4. if the guy you want is there, go for it.

i'm w/ you on the not wanting Bush thing. he could be the next great thing - but he may also not be... he could wind up being the next Warrick Dunn or early Tiki Barber where they split carries w/ the bigger backs for the first several years of their career so you wind up letting him go for a full time RB...

personally, i like DWilliams, and Maroney could be good next year after he's proven to Belichik he can handle the load so the Pats can cut Dillon...

You also have to add in Addai. If he proves to be the #1 RB in Indy, he could be a monster for a few years to come.

Between Williams, Maroney, and Addai, one should definitely be there at #4 - unless your whole league is wacky and lets Bush slide to #4. Which if he is there at 4, then he's a great value AND you still have the #7 pick...

With #7 you can either target a possible stud rookie WR (who may have to develop for a few years), or you could take a flyer on another RB like Calhoun in Detroit (the "poor man's Marshall Faulk"). Heck, you never know, three of the guys in the top 6 may go WR or QB (Leinart & Young) and DWilliams, Addai, or Maroney may be available to you at #7 as well!! :rolleyes:

I'd definitely pull the trigger, i doubt you'd be able to get much more.

for starters, that 4 pick would get you either a future starting RB on the Panthers, Patriots or Colts. All 3 os those teams are heads and shoulders above what New Orleans will ever be. Its always been my philosophy to get RBs on the best possible teams, and Bush in NO just doesnt fit that description. He'll certainly put up #s, but I think it will take him 3 or 4 years before he really figures it out. In the meantime, Deangelo Williams, Maroney and Addai are all in position to start helping their teams almost immediately as well. So, you'll get one of those guys for sure. That 7 pick could land you Matt Leinart. or Vince Young. or Lendale White. Id do it. In dynasty, thats a good thing. Bascially, trading Bush for Maroney and Leinart would be a good trade, imo.

for starters, that 4 pick would get you either a future starting RB on the Panthers, Patriots or Colts. All 3 os those teams are heads and shoulders above what New Orleans will ever be. Its always been my philosophy to get RBs on the best possible teams, and Bush in NO just doesnt fit that description. He'll certainly put up #s, but I think it will take him 3 or 4 years before he really figures it out. In the meantime, Deangelo Williams, Maroney and Addai are all in position to start helping their teams almost immediately as well. So, you'll get one of those guys for sure. That 7 pick could land you Matt Leinart. or Vince Young. or Lendale White. Id do it. In dynasty, thats a good thing. Bascially, trading Bush for Maroney and Leinart would be a good trade, imo.

although I 100% wholeheartedly agree with your answer, i will have to contest the sentiment about RBs on better teams and staying away from them on bad teams. In 2000, the SD Chargers were 1-15 and had not seen a winning season since 1994. Then in 2001 they drafted LT2, and the rest is history. Granted the team overall hasn't done that much, but i'll take 1500 total yds + 10 td from a rookie. Not to mention what he has done since...

At least NO has put up some avg. seasons over the last few years, and you can't really hold last year against them.

a lot depends on your roster needs, the rules you play under etc

I would do it with some of my teams, others I would not

In one league I have the 1.2 pick and would trade it for like the #5 and #8 or something like that. Why ? There are 5 RB's this year +/- and 3 Qb's and 1 TE - 9 rookies that good picks. I'm not tickled with any of the WR's . Anyway, you'd be trading a Reggie Bush for a Deangelo Williams or Addai plus you'll also get a Linehart/Young/Cutler or maybe even Vernon Davis at #7

If you have rookie holds, this could be a good trade. 2 for 1's are good - if you pick the right players :rolleyes:

although I 100% wholeheartedly agree with your answer, i will have to contest the sentiment about RBs on better teams and staying away from them on bad teams. In 2000, the SD Chargers were 1-15 and had not seen a winning season since 1994. Then in 2001 they drafted LT2, and the rest is history. Granted the team overall hasn't done that much, but i'll take 1500 total yds + 10 td from a rookie. Not to mention what he has done since...

At least NO has put up some avg. seasons over the last few years, and you can't really hold last year against them.

Im aware of that, youre right, but youre talking about LT2. He's absolutely the exception to the rule. I dont really like to hope for 'exceptions'....Id much rather play by the 'rule's. Expecting other backs on other bad teams to do equally well or perform like Tomlinson is crazy talk. As a rule, get backs on winning teams, and watch them grind out #s late in games that their teams are winning.

There seems to be a groundswell of support for passing on Bush...but I totally disagree.

With these rookie picks I tend to factor in upside more than immediate production unless there is a 'guarantee' of a large number of carries. I don't really see any of the next 4 backs (Maroney, Williams, Addai and WHite) having a 90-95% shot at 20 or so carries per game.

On the other hand, if Bush breaks out the way many expect him to, he could be a top 5 fantasy force right away. I would gamble on the potential stud.

****THAT SAID...if you could somehow get 2 of the next 4 backs (which you won't get with the 7 pick) it would probably be worth it.

:thumbsup: im with you on this one.

Take the deal and select whichever of the top 4 falls to you and then you can't go wrong w/ Leinhart, White or Davis.

Your ripping the guy off if you don't have to give up at least 3.1

Well, FYI, i basically traded the 1.1 Rookie pick in my dynasty league this year for the 1.4 and the guys 1st rounder next year. his team is pretty bad so it should be a top 3 pick (no lower than 3 and i would be surprised if it wasnt 1.1 or 1.2) next year. so i have 2 1st rounders this year and next now. i really like Reggie but this way i can add Maroney, Addai, or Williams plus my 1st round pick and then 2 more in next years draft.

hope that helps

Well, FYI, i basically traded the 1.1 Rookie pick in my dynasty league this year for the 1.4 and the guys 1st rounder next year. his team is pretty bad so it should be a top 3 pick (no lower than 3 and i would be surprised if it wasnt 1.1 or 1.2) next year. so i have 2 1st rounders this year and next now. i really like Reggie but this way i can add Maroney, Addai, or Williams plus my 1st round pick and then 2 more in next years draft.

hope that helps

I could see this panning out if you get a chance at Adrian Peterson...

I'd do it. The clear cut top 4 RCs are Bush, DWilliams, Addai, & Maroney. You are still guaranteed one of those players at #4. Then at #7 you could get V.Davis, L.White, or VY. I don't think Bush will be any better than the other 3 RBs. Especially considering Deuce is there and he'll probably hold out this year.

I'd do it. The clear cut top 4 RCs are Bush, DWilliams, Addai, & Maroney. You are still guaranteed one of those players at #4. Then at #7 you could get V.Davis, L.White, or VY. I don't think Bush will be any better than the other 3 RBs. Especially considering Deuce is there and he'll probably hold out this year.

you know, i probably would NOT target Leinart or Young at #7 at all. We all know that there is the top-tier of QBs (Manning, Palmer, maybe CPep/McNabb depending on how you rank them, but anyway...), and then there is a huge glut of QBs that fall next. So unless it's a dynasty and not just a keeper, where you're not keeping the majority of your roster, there will almost indubitably be other quality QBs out there. Plus QBs are pretty much hit-or-miss for their first few years, and i honestly don't think either of those two will really be a FF starter for at least 2 years.

I think you may take the trade for 4 & 7, draft RB at 4, and then go for another RB (Calhoun maybe) or a WR (SMoss or one of the others), or even VDavis. An extra RB or WR may not contribute right away, but if they do, they'll be worth a whole lot more for trade bait than a mediocre QB...

JMHO

you know, i probably would NOT target Leinart or Young at #7 at all. We all know that there is the top-tier of QBs (Manning, Palmer, maybe CPep/McNabb depending on how you rank them, but anyway...), and then there is a huge glut of QBs that fall next. So unless it's a dynasty and not just a keeper, where you're not keeping the majority of your roster, there will almost indubitably be other quality QBs out there. Plus QBs are pretty much hit-or-miss for their first few years, and i honestly don't think either of those two will really be a FF starter for at least 2 years.

I think you may take the trade for 4 & 7, draft RB at 4, and then go for another RB (Calhoun maybe) or a WR (SMoss or one of the others), or even VDavis. An extra RB or WR may not contribute right away, but if they do, they'll be worth a whole lot more for trade bait than a mediocre QB...

JMHO

The word "dynasty" is clearly in the thread title.

I'd do it, especially if you need help at QB or TE. 4 gives you another good RB, 7 gives you Lineart, Young, Lendale White, or Vernon Davis.

The word "dynasty" is clearly in the thread title.

yes, but my sentiment was the fact that some people refer to a keeper league as a dynasty league, even though they are only keeping part of their roster and not the entire thing from year to year....

Im aware of that, youre right, but youre talking about LT2. He's absolutely the exception to the rule. I dont really like to hope for 'exceptions'....Id much rather play by the 'rule's. Expecting other backs on other bad teams to do equally well or perform like Tomlinson is crazy talk. As a rule, get backs on winning teams, and watch them grind out #s late in games that their teams are winning.

yep, and you gotta factor in the fact that LT stepped in and was the immediate starter, the man. with Bush, he's behind an established star in Mcallister already.

i'd do the trade, hope you land Addai (good RB in a great situation) and whatever you can get at #7.

why are so many ppl so high on the guy backing up d. foster? or even the guy backing up f. taylor and g. jones? both of which combine to be about 6' tall?

Depends on how people in your league draft. If you think you can get Addai and Davis then it's a great trade. But, if you think the draft is going to go something like, Bush, Addai, Maroney and you are left with the QB's and Davis at 4 and then maybe White at 7, yuck.

Depends on how people in your league draft. If you think you can get Addai and Davis then it's a great trade. But, if you think the draft is going to go something like, Bush, Addai, Maroney and you are left with the QB's and Davis at 4 and then maybe White at 7, yuck.

Don't forget DeAngelo Williams.

So 4 is Addai/Maroney/Williams

7 is Davis/White/Young/Lineart.

Don't forget DeAngelo Williams.

So 4 is Addai/Maroney/Williams

7 is Davis/White/Young/Lineart.

Young shouldn't even be in the discussion. He went @2.3 in my rookie draft (12 teams). You can draft based off need w/ that 7th pick. I guess if you need a QB, then you could snag him if Leinhart is gone...but the talent of Chad Jackson, Davis, and/or White would be too much to pass up if Leinhart was off the board then Davis or White will fall to you. Leinhart's situation is much better w/ Denny Green and those WR's... If you need a QB there are many quality later options for 2nd round- Cutler, Travarias, Clemens...

Young shouldn't even be in the discussion. He went @2.3 in my rookie draft (12 teams). You can draft based off need w/ that 7th pick. I guess if you need a QB, then you could snag him if Leinhart is gone...but the talent of Chad Jackson, Davis, and/or White would be too much to pass up if Leinhart was off the board then Davis or White will fall to you. Leinhart's situation is much better w/ Denny Green and those WR's... If you need a QB there are many quality later options for 2nd round- Cutler, Travarias, Clemens...

In most leagues, Young doesn't last into the 2nd round, or even out of the top 10. And I wouldn't take him in the top 7, but some people prefer his upside over Lineart's low risk/low reward.

:lol: yup, exactly where i was going... Unless Peyton or Palmer are somehow in your rookie draft, then they are all just a dime a dozen...

why are so many ppl so high on the guy backing up d. foster? or even the guy backing up f. taylor and g. jones? both of which combine to be about 6' tall?

CAR has always wanted to be a run-first offense. Look at SDavis' & DFoster's combined carries and yards since 2003. Previous to the two of them they had to rely on Tim Biakabreakmylegabatuka, and whoever his fill-in was at the time. Plus CAR has a very legit pass attack to force defenses to put 4 guys in coverage. DWilliams can also catch the ball out of the backfield very well.

DWilliams is 5'9" 217 lbs.

LT2 is 5'10 220 lbs.

PHolmes is 5'9" 213 lbs.

SA is 5'11" 225 lbs.

JJones 5'10" 211 lbs.

BWestbrook 5'8" 203 lbs.

Tiki 5'10" 200 lbs.

JAddai 5'11" 214 lbs.

LMaroney 5'11" 211 lbs.

should i continue listing guys that "combine to be about 6' tall" or do you realize how stupid you are already? I guess you only like the Brandon Jacobs of the world who are 6'4" 256 lbs... I bet you put together 1 heck of a FF team w/ that strategy... :first:

Plus you do realize DWilliams set just a few records in college don't you?

In most leagues, Young doesn't last into the 2nd round, or even out of the top 10. And I wouldn't take him in the top 7, but some people prefer his upside over Lineart's low risk/low reward.

low risk/low reward for Leinart :P

Fitz and Boldin could develop into the best WR tandem of all time. It is obvious that the QB that will be throwing to them for years is going to put up some big numbers.

Nobody wanted Vince Young in my league. I am sure there are others with the same scenario depending on teams needs. Jerome Harrison, Norwood, Drew, and Calhoun in addition to the top 3 WR's all went ahead of him

Personally, I thinik Tarvaris could have a better career then Vince. There are also many options at QB throughout, so you might as well wait on a QB because it's hard to say how Vince is going to adjust and when he will have an impact. I traded out of the 2.3 spot because I didn't want him, thinking I would snag Jackson later. Then Jackson went at 2.5 and I ended up w/ Cutler at 2.8 and I got a 1st rounder for next year out of the deal :lol:

I traded the #1 in an EFS league for the #2 and Tiki Barber.

It was the best thing for my team! I needed more help at starting spots than reggie could give me. This league starts 4 LB's and they average as much as most RB's.

So I added AJ HAWK to my squad also. I think I did good...filling two spots for the one.

For what it is worth...I took this team as an orphan and am trying to re-build. So I think trading away Bush was the best move.......at least I hope it was! I hope I can get 3 More good years from Tiki? I shall see. :banana: