Sign in to follow this  
Artist Formerly Known as Big O

Softball Tonight!

Had a game last night. 24-7 win.

Next game is Friday. Which should mean many, many beers after the game.

:wub:

I'm playing.........

And paying for it the morning after. I don't know what muscles you actually use to play softball, but I keep screwing up the ones in my legs something awful.

I'm playing.........

And paying for it the morning after. I don't know what muscles you actually use to play softball, but I keep screwing up the ones in my legs something awful.

Stretch my brotha. Before the game and after if you can.

I'm not too manly to admit I need to stretch, and I also tore both quads in High School. No stretching = pulled quads and soreness every single time.

Playing tonight. Last week we scored 0 runs. That's not a typo. This is my first year with these guys, and all I heard is how they have some very good, consistent hitters. Me, well, I'm not a good hitter. But last week, nobody hit, and I reached twice. Unless something changes tonight, I think we lose again.

I'm not too manly to admit I need to stretch, and I also tore both quads in High School. No stretching = pulled quads and soreness every single time.

:wacko:

I'm trying.....I think I'm just getting old.

I hear you, brother man. Stretching will make a 35 year old play and feel like 30. Those are important years, too.

We've played 2 games already. I'm batting 2nd in the lineup and went 2 for 4 both games. Scored twice and we're 1 - 1.

Yes. Church League. But we're all men.

Playing tonight. Last week we scored 0 runs. That's not a typo. This is my first year with these guys, and all I heard is how they have some very good, consistent hitters. Me, well, I'm not a good hitter. But last week, nobody hit, and I reached twice. Unless something changes tonight, I think we lose again.

serioulsy how is that possible to only reach base twice for your entire team :)

serioulsy how is that possible to only reach base twice for your entire team :wall:

Sorry, didn't mean that literally. I was on twice, and I advanced to second. What I meant was, we'd get one guy on, then the next guys would all ground or pop out. Should've explained that better.

I'm off to my next huge embarassing failure shortly! :doublethumbsup:

Sorry, didn't mean that literally. I was on twice, and I advanced to second. What I meant was, we'd get one guy on, then the next guys would all ground or pop out. Should've explained that better.

I'm off to my next huge embarassing failure shortly! :wall:

much better :doublethumbsup:

Had one tonight...ended up losing by one (guy coaching third messed up not sending a guy home on a play late in the game...but oh well).

Had my best day from the plate...4-4 2HR. First 2 of the year...been sick all week, I guess I really just did not want to run the bases tonight.

much better :wall:

The bats came alive!!! Thirteen runs, five in the top of the first. First win of the year.

By the way, this is the first time I've played in like seven years. I'm swinging with a nasty uppercut right now, resulting in some sky high fly balls. Anyone got a tip on how to fix that?

The bats came alive!!! Thirteen runs, five in the top of the first. First win of the year.

By the way, this is the first time I've played in like seven years. I'm swinging with a nasty uppercut right now, resulting in some sky high fly balls. Anyone got a tip on how to fix that?

Quit doing that.

We lost both games last night to the #1 and #2 teams in our league.

Game 1 11-10. We were down 10-3 @ our last bat, had a 2 out rally for 7 runs, starting with my grounder between 1st and 2nd. An error in our outfield cost us the win on their last at bat.

Game 2 14-2! 1st 4 at bats, we did not score a single run, they didn't either. Then, they had an inning for 12 frigging runs. Every guy in their lineup was pounding, no errors or mistakes on our part, just a pure hitting clinic. I am happy to say the RBI's were mine :banana: but losing still sucks ballz.

We lost both games last night to the #1 and #2 teams in our league.

Game 1 11-10. We were down 10-3 @ our last bat, had a 2 out rally for 7 runs, starting with my grounder between 1st and 2nd. An error in our outfield cost us the win on their last at bat.

Game 2 14-2! 1st 4 at bats, we did not score a single run, they didn't either. Then, they had an inning for 12 frigging runs. Every guy in their lineup was pounding, no errors or mistakes on our part, just a pure hitting clinic. I am happy to say the RBI's were mine :banana: but losing still sucks ballz.

Are you pitching?

Yep.

In game 1, straight up ninja, Daniel-San with chopsticks and a fly, yanked 2 line drives out of the air. 1 right at me, the other was a rocket just to my left.

More of a self defense reaction, but you can be damm sure I acted like I knew what the Fock I was doing.

:banana:

Yep.

In game 1, straight up ninja, Daniel-San with chopsticks and a fly, yanked 2 line drives out of the air. 1 right at me, the other was a rocket just to my left.

More of a self defense reaction, but you can be damm sure I acted like I knew what the Fock I was doing.

:banana:

How many K's?

How many K's?

Only 2 in the 1st game, none in the second. Althought this is a C/D league, there are a ton of sandbaggers and 99% of peeps know how to hit.

I can only throw a regular pitch with severe backspin or a nice curve. No knuckles.

Only 2 in the 1st game, none in the second. Althought this is a C/D league, there are a ton of sandbaggers and 99% of peeps know how to hit.

I can only throw a regular pitch with severe backspin or a nice curve. No knuckles.

Knuckles are overrated anyway, I think they are easier to hit.

We have unlimited arc in my league. So once I get 2 strikes on a guy, the next pitch is going to the moon. Lots of swings and misses.

Knuckles are overrated anyway, I think they are easier to hit.

We have unlimited arc in my league. So once I get 2 strikes on a guy, the next pitch is going to the moon. Lots of swings and misses.

We do not have that luxury. On the plus side, everyone starts with a 1-1 count, in an attempt to speed the games up. Batters are also allowed only 1 foul ball after they get 2 strikes.

We do not have that luxury. On the plus side, everyone starts with a 1-1 count, in an attempt to speed the games up. Batters are also allowed only 1 foul ball after they get 2 strikes.

What league are you in, is it a clubmonkey league?

Nope. Regular C/D league @ PJ's Softball park in Tomball.

Standard rule they use to keep games down to an hour as they run games from 6:30 to 10:30 every night.

Sweet, thats a haul though. I have a couple of teams that I play with clubmonkey, at memorial and the sportsplex. Have a couple moving this summer to Vegas, so I'm always looking for more players.

Sweet, thats a haul though. I have a couple of teams that I play with clubmonkey, at memorial and the sportsplex. Have a couple moving this summer to Vegas, so I'm always looking for more players.

I have a couple of buddies playing @ Memorial as well. Both used to play @ PJ's with us, until they bought condos near/inside the loop.

FWIW, one of our guys comes all the way from Sugarland to play. 60% of the team is fratenrity buddies. For most of us, this is our beer drinking and socializing night away from the SO's or family.

I have a couple of buddies playing @ Memorial as well. Both used to play @ PJ's with us, until they bought condos near/inside the loop.

FWIW, one of our guys comes all the way from Sugarland to play. 60% of the team is fratenrity buddies. For most of us, this is our beer drinking and socializing night away from the SO's or family.

Thats cool, I played a couple of seasons out there, but for us, it was better to just play the sportsplex. Have you ever played at those new fields down on 45 South? The ones that are modeled after major league ballparks (I think they have a replica of Wrigley and Fenway and some others) Somebody was telling me about those yesterday at the Cubs game.

Thats cool, I played a couple of seasons out there, but for us, it was better to just play the sportsplex. Have you ever played at those new fields down on 45 South? The ones that are modeled after major league ballparks (I think they have a replica of Wrigley and Fenway and some others) Somebody was telling me about those yesterday at the Cubs game.

Never played them but read their website a couple of times. Sounds like a lot of fun, but my guess is they will draw a bunch of the dreaded "softball guys" trying to relive their failed big league dreams.

I am fairly serious about it, but also out to have a good time. There's enough morons at the fields as is.

Never played them but read their website a couple of times. Sounds like a lot of fun, but my guess is they will draw a bunch of the dreaded "softball guys" trying to relive their failed big league dreams.

I am fairly serious about it, but also out to have a good time. There's enough morons at the fields as is.

I am too, and the one thing I do hate is the standard fat, bald guy with the goatee, complete with a t-shirt that has 69 on it. There was one that was talking trash to me last season because my friend went yard on him, and we remarked "how did your drunk ass even see the ball?" and we were laughing.. So he came up, fat dude, and grounded right to me, so I rolled it from third and got him at first. He wanted to meet me in the parking lot, but we had another game to play.. I hate douches like that.

I am too, and the one thing I do hate is the standard fat, bald guy with the goatee, complete with a t-shirt that has 69 on it. There was one that was talking trash to me last season because my friend went yard on him, and we remarked "how did your drunk ass even see the ball?" and we were laughing.. So he came up, fat dude, and grounded right to me, so I rolled it from third and got him at first. He wanted to meet me in the parking lot, but we had another game to play.. I hate douches like that.

I was pitching in a league out at the clubmonkey thing on 90 for a season. I would pitch the ball and those fockers were taking everything. Would only swing if they were close to striking out.

Now I understand not swinging at crap, but if it is pretty close, I swing. It was a freaking rec coed league.

Yep this is pretty normal unless you want the games to take 2 hours