Sign in to follow this  
CurlyNight

Heat/Mavs

speaking of fouls, here's a nice little photo of the Wade foul

check out the focker in the background whistling it before it even happened...thing is it

never did happen! but he was doing exactly what he was told.

NBA=WWE

I can't believe Dallas lost a game where they dominated the rebounding like that. I guess since Miami didn't have the usual 20 turnovers thanks to Walker getting limited minutes they didn't need to hit the boards

Also, I think it should be noted that Dallas has outplayed Miami 4 out the 5 games in this series in case anyone was thinking that it was a forgone conclusion that Miami is going to win the title. :thumbsup:

No foregone conclusions in these playoffs. The series doesn't start until somebody wins on the other guy's court.

But 'outplayed' means nothing. Only the scoreboard.

check out the focker in the background whistling it before it even happened...thing is it

NBA=WWE

GettnHuge == :thumbsup: :P :P

GettnHuge == :thumbsup: :P :P

the heat got to the line way too many times. the refs fixed the game, and it will go 7 with dallas going back home, and getting the cooking.

as for the foul, they fouled him well before the shot but they waited to run more time off the clock and give him the free throws.

THoughts about the game:

1.) I have never whined about officiating and I'm not about to now. I know the vast majority of people here and on the Internet are saying that Dallas got screwed, but maybe that will wash out in Dallas. We'll see, but that's not why Dallas lost.

2.) I'm not blaming Howard's blunder of a TO call either. That was just going to delay the inevitable.

3.) Missed FTs absolutely killed this team and I will call Howard out on that. When he went to the line I told my wife he'll miss at least one because he was due and nervous. All I was hoping for was that he make at least one.

4.) How the fock that layup that Payton threw up went in I'll never know. That damn near hit the top of the backboard and went in.

5.) Dallas had not one, but two opportunities to shut Wade down when everyone in the world knew he was taking the last shot and they didn't get the deal done.

And the biggest point:

6.) Dirk has been the biggest disappointment for this team yet again. For him to have played so great in the first 3 series and to suck as bad as he has in the Finals it's very disappointing. Wade yet again stepped up in the 4th quarter while Dirk stood around and was afraid to take charge. Yes, the Heat played great defense on him, but give me a focking break. Dirk has to demand the ball and want to give this team an NBA title. He's got just two more chances to do it and it's either now or never.

Also, I know Avery Johnson was upset after the game, but there's no excuse for him ripping that reporter like he did. I know the intent of what and why Johnson did not make any comments about Wade's last trip to the line, but the reporter had every right to ask him the question.

Mavs have the last two games at home and if they're championship worthy they'll take care of business. If Miami wins one of the final two they are deserving of the championship because they won on the road and defending their home court.

Go MAVS!!

the heat got to the line way too many times. the refs fixed the game, and it will go 7 with dallas going back home, and getting the cooking.

as for the foul, they fouled him well before the shot but they waited to run more time off the clock and give him the free throws.

More :thumbsup: :P :P

I acree with TB - but unlike him, i will call out the officiating (or least bring it up). you can not make that call at the end of an overtime game - you just can't do it. (earlier) wade lowered his shoulder and drove it into griffin for a bucket, no call. (earlier before that) shaq knocked harris to his ass, no call.

even still, the mavs should still have won the game. there's no way you don't know wade is going to drive to his right and there is no way you can afford to miss free throws within the last minute.

and for the love of God, somebody please tell me why va horn is on the floor! :thumbsup:

GettnHuge == :lol: :cry: :cry:

thats a pic of dirk swinging and missing. and why did the offical 30ft away make the call and not the on under the hoop?

Miami is going to get all da calls !

They have 2 things going for Miami !

A. Star power - Shaq and Wade are both bigger than anyone dallas has including Dirk

B. Stern ! Stern in no way wants to hand the trophy over to his #1 enemy in Cuban so Heat will continue to get a lot of calls !

Miami is going to get all da calls !

They have 2 things going for Miami !

A. Star power - Shaq and Wade are both bigger than anyone dallas has including Dirk

B. Stern ! Stern in no way wants to hand the trophy over to his #1 enemy in Cuban so Heat will continue to get a lot of calls !

:thumbsup:

:wacko:

how is that wacko? last year rashweed wallace accused the league of fixing games...and

when he got to the finals they calle dhim for everything and focked him over good.

game 6 kings vs lakers, kings up 3-2 in the series, lakers are trailing into the 4th quarter and

end up shooting an nba record 27 free throws in the 4th quarter to miraculously win. that was the

game where Kobe nailed Bibby in the nose with an elbow and Bibby was whistled for a foul.

game 7 trailblazers vs lakers, lakers are trailing by 15 after 3 quarters and end up shooting

a ridiculous 21 free throws in the 4th quarter to pull out a victory. portland made more fgs,

3pointers and had less turnovers...yet lost. LA 37ft, portland 16. wasn't this also the game where

Kobe shot a 3 pointer from the top of the key, point guard was several feet away from him and

was called for a foul?

No foregone conclusions in these playoffs. The series doesn't start until somebody wins on the other guy's court.

But 'outplayed' means nothing. Only the scoreboard.

I think it means something. I think it means we know who the better team is for these last two games, and we shouldn't be surprised when Dallas wins in 7.

for the record..

i wasnt whining..the team i want to win..won...

but i wanted to chime in first..especially since im not a big nba fan and say that there was NO foul..not even a foul before the shot..and if you want to get THAT technical, he walked..

i do wonder if i didnt mention it, if anyone else wouldve..if nba fans are used to this kind of officiating in big games and maybe no one thought anything of it..

it was a fine game that ended with wade shooting 2 out of control shots..i thought he played fabulously..but he forced 2..tried for the foul once and failed..tried again and failed..but got the call...it was no longer a classic at that point..

the time out was fine to me..

usually..the refs want 2 taps on the hand when a guy calls a time out..to certify that it IS what the guy wants(if he cant be heard)..it looked as if Avery wanted him to call time out after the 2nd shot..but Howard called time out right away and didnt catch him saying after the 2nd shot..

after the awful call..i was pulling for harris to nal the half court 3 to win it..

why was the big white goofy guy so mad after the game? gosh he was kicking stuff and breakin' stuff

regardless of who wins (and i love my mavs), i think it's safe to say this will be one of the least powreful nba champions in recent history. i'm not sure the heat or the mavs could beat phoenix or the spurs in a 7 game series (the way they're playing now).

I don't know about that, Cruzer. Yes, they neither team isn't the Lakers or Celtics of the 80's, but both are very good teams. I think everyone here in Dallas was underestimating just how good the Heat has been since well before the playoffs. A week ago today I wanted to knock the shiot out of everyone on the radio, TV, newspaper that was calling this series done. It was stupid....plain and simple. Miami was awesome at home in the playoffs and their record shows it. They have a tremendous superstar and one that is aging, but still good. For the Mavs, regardless of his dismal performance in the Finals, Dirk has elevated his status as well. Howard is young and will only get better. Terry will be resigned and Harris will work on his jump shot this summer. Both teams are good.

You're right, as shiotty as Dallas has played in this series they probably wouldn't beat San Antonio, but you can't take away what they've accomplished in the playoffs. Miami hasn't been just awesome, but they did beat Detroit and you can't take that away from them either. If Miami does win the title I know there will be several out there that says this is one of the weakest NBA champions in a long time, but you know what I'm sure no one in Miami will give a rat's ass what they think. Hopefully on Thursday we as Mavs fans will be the ones celebrating and I promise you I won't give a damn what the national media thinks about the toughness or greatness of the team.

My random thoughts on the game:

1) Thought it funny that earlier in the thread, before the game, steelerblitz and curly night suggested that the Mavs would win this game on the FT line. Not quite.

2) Also Curly, though I'm biased, I think that the Suns will dominate next year if Stoudemire is healthy. They were a blown lead from game 7 against Dallas with all their injuries.

3) While I won't say that NBA=WWE, NBA fans can rattle off a litany of horrific officiating in big games going back ages. I remember growing up in Milwaukee, with the solid Bucks teams of the 80s that often reached the 2nd round or conference finals and ran into Philly or Boston. The favoritism was clear, and I was too young to really care that much. Right through to Bill Laimbeer's elbows and hacking through the late 80s, Jordan's traveling, pushoffs, and uncalled fouls, through all the phantom fouls called in Kobe's favor, to Shaq's bulldozing moves that should have fouled him out 6 possessions into the game...

I could go on all day. Suffice to say that the starts get the calls - it's always been that way.

4) Watch the officiating in game 6. The referees will give the Mavs every opportunity to stretch this series to 7.

thats a pic of dirk swinging and missing. and why did the offical 30ft away make the call and not the on under the hoop?

:wacko: :bench: :bench:

I know what I saw, dude. What the pix doesn't show is Dirk's right hand pushing Wade in the back. That's what Bennett is calling. End of story.

This is so ridiculous it's funny.

I thought the Pistons fans were bad. But these folks have taken the whiney prize. You people sound like 7 year olds. Who knows, maybe you are. :ninja:

:cry:

:banana: B) :cry:

I know what I saw, dude. What the pix doesn't show is Dirk's right hand pushing Wade in the back. That's what Bennett is calling. End of story.

This is so ridiculous it's funny.

I thought the Pistons fans were bad. But these folks have taken the whiney prize. You people sound like 7 year olds. Who knows, maybe you are. :ninja:

:cry:

If you'll notice none of these fans are Mavs fans. HTH

If you'll notice none of these fans are Mavs fans. HTH

You bet. A lot of these folks jumped on the Mavs bandwagon when they beat the Spurs and when they won the first 2 games of the Finals. Now they're kvetching.

Oh well... you can't expect maturity in a place called "The Geek Club".

Well, like I said, I don't whine about officiating. There's no sense in it, so if the Mavs win tomorrow night and Thursday then I don't expect Heat fans to whine about officiating. Dallas had every chance in the world to win Games 3 and 5 and they didn't make the plays to win. I'm a huge fan of Avery, but he gagged that game last night. Had he kept Daniels on Wade I think the Mavs would have won by 7 or 8. Oh well, time to get ready for Game 6. Hard to get too fired up when I see Cuban and Johnson crying so much. Shut up and play ball is all I can say. If the Mavs are good enough to win the title then defending home court shouldn't be a problem.

Well, like I said, I don't whine about officiating. There's no sense in it, so if the Mavs win tomorrow night and Thursday then I don't expect Heat fans to whine about officiating. Dallas had every chance in the world to win Games 3 and 5 and they didn't make the plays to win. I'm a huge fan of Avery, but he gagged that game last night. Had he kept Daniels on Wade I think the Mavs would have won by 7 or 8. Oh well, time to get ready for Game 6. Hard to get too fired up when I see Cuban and Johnson crying so much. Shut up and play ball is all I can say. If the Mavs are good enough to win the title then defending home court shouldn't be a problem.

Why should we whine? Heck, we beat Detroit and made it to the NBA Finals!!!

Everything after that is gravy.

Why should we whine? Heck, we beat Detroit and made it to the NBA Finals!!!

Everything after that is gravy.

I agree, but whining about officiating is commonplace not only here, but everywhere.

I agree, but whining about officiating is commonplace not only here, but everywhere.

It's reaching paranoia levels in here, especially about Dirk's foul on Wade. :mad:

I see both sides of the argument, but if Josh Howard makes his two FTs with 54 seconds left we might not be having this discussion.

I see both sides of the argument, but if Josh Howard makes his two FTs with 54 seconds left we might not be having this discussion.

Word.

I just get so tired of whining about officiating. Home teams typically get the benefit of the calls. If the game would have been in Dallas last night I don't think Wade gets the call. Regardless, Johnson needs to quit whining because it's spilling down to the rest of team. Shut the fock up about it and just play basketball.

Bottom Line:

1. Dwayne Wade has raised his level of play in the 4th quarter TWO full levels above everyone else.

2. There is no conspiracy by David Stern.

3. If Dallas attacked the basket more instead of shooting from the perimeter, they would get more calls,

4. These games are not being decided by the officials; the Mavs have 48 minutes to get the job done and they just aren't doing it. If they have more talent (though experience counts for something in the Playoffs too), then I suggest they build a big lead in the 4th and not have to make a key play at the end against a more seasoned team.

:lol: :first: :cry:

<_<

NBA=WWE

Are you a focking moron? Whistling before it even happened??? In case you did not know, if refs have a whistle in their mouth that does not mean they have to be whistling it. :D