Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

Round 7 Commentary

Checkin in for today fellas...hopefully we can dish out another round...

I dont know about anyone else, but I loveeeee Matt Jones. In a non gay manor of course... :pointstosky:

Checkin in for today fellas...hopefully we can dish out another round...

I dont know about anyone else, but I loveeeee Matt Jones. In a non gay manor of course... :banana:

I like his potential also. We just need to see how this team handles the departure of their #1. I think he easily could have been had a round or two later however.

I like his potential also. We just need to see how this team handles the departure of their #1. I think he easily could have been had a round or two later however.

He's in their practices in Jimmy Smiths spot, which I like alot. Didnt want to pass him and have someone else grab him up. I liked him there...

He's in their practices in Jimmy Smiths spot, which I like alot. Didnt want to pass him and have someone else grab him up. I liked him there...

That's really all that's important. (FYI) He went at 8.05 in the June Mock. He has incredible vitals, and might prove to be a big fantasy producer.

I will check back in 1 hour for my corner pick.

OoOoOoO I like the Bennett pick there. People seem to have forgotten about him after a bad year, but I like him and think he and Volek work wonders together....If Vince Young enters the lineup tho, I'd stay away...

Yeah him and Volek work well together, not expecting huge numbers, but he'll be a solid #3 if Volek stays in the line-up.

FYI, Erb played it right: he wouldn't have made it past me on the way back in 8th.

Like him this year as well.

im surprised by the matt jones pick/talk. i was shocked he went so early, although to be fair, he was high on erb's lists in both the 5th and 6th rounds too and might have been the pick if a few things fell just so. still, im not quite as sold that we can just plug him in and expect jimmy smith numbers. the guy was a QB a year ago. id take a flyer on him later as a backup, but hes not a guy i'd want to count on. if he had been there at my upcoming picks, me needing WRs, there are still at least 5 others i'd want ahead of him i think.

im surprised by the matt jones pick/talk. i was shocked he went so early, although to be fair, he was high on erb's lists in both the 5th and 6th rounds too and might have been the pick if a few things fell just so. still, im not quite as sold that we can just plug him in and expect jimmy smith numbers. the guy was a QB a year ago. id take a flyer on him later as a backup, but hes not a guy i'd want to count on. if he had been there at my upcoming picks, me needing WRs, there are still at least 5 others i'd want ahead of him i think.

I think he'll do a fine job as my #3 WR. I agree there are a couple others I like too, and one other WR that I am absolutely baffled hasnt been picked yet to be honest, but he'll be gone soon enough...

I think he'll do a fine job as my #3 WR. I agree there are a couple others I like too, and one other WR that I am absolutely baffled hasnt been picked yet to be honest, but he'll be gone soon enough...

yeah, im pretty sure i know which guy you mean, and im hoping i can take him at my spot, but im pretty sure he'll be gone first to you or someone before me.

yeah, im pretty sure i know which guy you mean, and im hoping i can take him at my spot, but im pretty sure he'll be gone first to you or someone before me.

Whats your opinion on pairing WRs from the same team? I already have one SEA WR in DJ, and im not sure about pairing him with another Seattle WR....I like another WR before the other SEA WR anyways....but just wanted to get some input..

Whats your opinion on pairing WRs from the same team? I already have one SEA WR in DJ, and im not sure about pairing him with another Seattle WR....I like another WR before the other SEA WR anyways....but just wanted to get some input..

i dont really care about who i pair on my team, honestly. if i know both guys i have are going to be good fantasy players, then i couldnt care less what team they play for. if its the #10 and #20 WR, and my only other option is a #30 WR, then im going to play the better WR. sure every now and then there might be a week when both are duds, but that could just as well happen if they were on separate teams. if one guy scores more points, then he scores more points. no reason to over-think anything.

to be fair though, there are not many such combos that would make me comfortable, at least in an every-week starting lineup. obviously an arizona or indy combo would work. the saints and bengals combos could be ok. and i can think of a couple other decent combos that could work alright if you were strong enough at other positions, but i wont say them since the second guy hasnt been taken yet.

Re: Jones

In previous mocks he has been going in like 9th-10th but I honestly see what's happening now as a precursor to what will happen in real drafts...meaning him climbing up draft boards.

If he holds spot and does well thru preseason could see him going as early as 6th, especially with folks always wanting to be the one to get that 'breakout' guy.

Pairing WRs

It's a factor I consider, such as off/SOS/etc. but it won't make or break a pick for me.

Obviously something like WRs from a really poor pass offense, like say Balt last year, then I may think things over, but for most part, just one of many factors.

Comes down to setting your projections/tiers/etc. and trusting your research when real bullets fly.