Sign in to follow this  
Q.Lazzarus

Cincinnati Geek meet

Someone needs to spearhead a Cincy Geek meet. There's a pretty good cluster of Cincy area geeks. Lets get together for a game, and some drinks. :cry:

Tie it into the mock game/scrimmage during training camp. 1st week of August I believe.

Tie it into the mock game/scrimmage during training camp. 1st week of August I believe.

I'm all for it :cry:

Already going there so that would work for me.

Lets get a crew together. Thurmans in. Probert? lindust? cinciman? bearcatrob? kpbuckeye? etc. etc. Shovel you coming in from Indy?

I think im gonna be at training camp....a friend asked if i wanted to go... :lol:

Does Sudsy Malone's still exist?

I believe so, I'm not sure that they hold concerts there any longer. I hate going to Short Vine. They need to blow that street up. It's smack in the middle of the ghetto.

Lets get a crew together. Thurmans in. Probert? lindust? cinciman? bearcatrob? kpbuckeye? etc. etc. Shovel you coming in from Indy?

The GF and I have already taken off work for August 4th and 5th to be there. The 5th would work better for everyone probably as it's a Saturday.

Edit: Miller_time and lemer will be there as well.

Last year I met Miller Time for training camp and took my son. I'm up for a meet, but the little guy is all about going- so the bar is out for me, but am in for meeting at the scrimage.

I can't do the 1st week in August :lol:

I'll be in Indy for the Brickyard :clap:

come'on whats more important....some nascar race or the freaking AFC North Division Champion Cincinnati Bengals Training camp with the rehab of future Hall of Famer Carson Palmer??? :P

Last year I met Miller Time for training camp and took my son. I'm up for a meet, but the little guy is all about going- so the bar is out for me, but am in for meeting at the scrimage.

I won't be doing any bar stuff either. Too long of a drive back to either the Dayton area or Indy.

Gee, Maybe you all could meet at Skyline Chili for lunch then spend the afternoon going over good times while squatting on the crapper....

Gee, Maybe you all could meet at Skyline Chili for lunch then spend the afternoon going over good times while squatting on the crapper....

:clap:

The GF and I have already taken off work for August 4th and 5th to be there. The 5th would work better for everyone probably as it's a Saturday.

Edit: Miller_time and lemer will be there as well.

i'll be there friday and saturday

come'on whats more important....some nascar race or the freaking AFC North Division Champion Cincinnati Bengals Training camp with the rehab of future Hall of Famer Carson Palmer??? :banana:

Nascar Race :banana: Bengal Scrimage Game

Hopefully meet up the next time but I'm going with the 4 season tickets to the Brickyard.

Slight.....Very slight chance of doing them both. :banana:

whats a geek meet without sawilson. You gotta fly her out to make it official. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination . :lol: Provide pics :blink:

I'd love to but I think I have a golf trip to Otter Creek that day. I'll monitor the exact date of the meet and let you guys know.

What ever came of this, you guys get anything organized?

Here is what I have, Me, Probert (and his son), and Lemmer will be heading down to the Mock game on Friday. Starts at 6 I think. They have an auto session after.

Any geek that wants to meet us down there let em know, Lindust, get a hold of me if your still going to be there on Friday. You know where to find me.

Cinciman, me and Lemmer will be at The Brickyard on Sunday, let me know where you'll be on Sunday before the race, maybe we can meet up for a beer.

What ever came of this, you guys get anything organized?

Here is what I have, Me, Probert (and his son), and Lemmer will be heading down to the Mock game on Friday. Starts at 6 I think. They have an auto session after.

Any geek that wants to meet us down there let em know, Lindust, get a hold of me if your still going to be there on Friday. You know where to find me.

Cinciman, me and Lemmer will be at The Brickyard on Sunday, let me know where you'll be on Sunday before the race, maybe we can meet up for a beer.

So the scrimmage is Fri. night? It used to always be on Sat. That sucks. If it's on Fri. Then I know for sure I can't make it. Is anyone going down on Sat.?

So the scrimmage is Fri. night? It used to always be on Sat. That sucks. If it's on Fri. Then I know for sure I can't make it. Is anyone going down on Sat.?

I'll be there next friday and saturday with a few guys i graduated with.

friday's the intrasquad scrimmage and saturdays the mock black-orange game.

Fri., Aug. 4 Session 1:

9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Intrasquad Scrimmage:

6:30 p.m. Complex opens 8:00 a.m. and closes at noon.

RE-OPENS 4:30 p.m. and closes one hour after scrimmage ends

Sat., Aug. 5 Black-Orange Mock Game:

1:00 p.m. Complex opens 11:00 a.m. and closes one hour after mock game ends

Both days have games. Last year we went Firday and it seemed to be full, but not crowded, thus my wanting to go Friday again.

I know Lindust, so if we see him, we'll have a geek meet.

I know Lindust, so if we see him, we'll have a geek meet.

Well, i'll be there friday and saturday so give me a holler somehow. :pointstosky:

so far I know that me, Probert, Lindust, and Lemmer will be there, if anyone else is heading down, let us know.

Anyone heard from Shovel? I know at one point he was going, but haven't heard from him in a while.

Well I only saw a couple of you there. Probert (and his son) and Millertime and one of his friends. Nice to see you again Probert. Millertime is an awesome guy too. Although when you talk to people on here, i pictured him as a total completely different person i was looking for. :lol: Maybe we'll meet again next years training camp. Also we should do one of these for a Reds game before I leave for school in september. :cry:

Also I got tons of autographs yesterday and today. ..... Justin Smith, Marvin Lewis, Chad Johnson, Odell thurman, Pollack, the whole offensive starting line, Sam Adams, etc, etc.

The only ones i didnt get that i wanted was T. J., Palmer (who wasnt there today), and Henry.

I'll make a thread on the fftoday bored about what i thought of the scrimmage and the mock game shortly.

Well I only saw a couple of you there. Probert (and his son) and Millertime and one of his friends. Nice to see you again Probert. Millertime is an awesome guy too. Although when you talk to people on here, i pictured him as a total completely different person i was looking for. :( Maybe we'll meet again next years training camp. Also we should do one of these for a Reds game before I leave for school in september. :thumbsup:

Also I got tons of autographs yesterday and today. ..... Justin Smith, Marvin Lewis, Chad Johnson, Odell thurman, Pollack, the whole offensive starting line, Sam Adams, etc, etc.

The only ones i didnt get that i wanted was T. J., Palmer (who wasnt there today), and Henry.

I'll make a thread on the fftoday bored about what i thought of the scrimmage and the mock game shortly.

My wife is still out of town in Evansville. :( I had to miss both days.