Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Thomas Jones a Bronco - what would be his worth ?

heard on a radio show a runor ( maybe more like a wish ) that Theres a Chance Thomas Jones ends up in Denver right before or during TC. Jones would obviously start on the Broncos and get da lions share of carries. If this did indeed happen ( again just baseless rumor now ) would this make TJ a top 5 RB ?

Not top 5, but he could make a case for the Top 10, near the Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams/Rudi Johnson territory.

(And yet I still wouldn't trust him, not with Bell and Dayne still there to steal carries)

no. i think if the trade did happen, the big question would still be how he would be used and how much playing time he would get. i doubt shanny is going to come out and say t.jones is the feature back who will get the majority of the carries. even if jones does go there i can still see some kind of a committee situation.

its one thing to deal in hypotheticals.....its another to deal in "absolutely never gonna happens".........picking up an offense during training camp, and starting?.....yeah, thats makin' alot of sense.

Shanny will feature a back who's worthy. See Anderson, Gary, Davis, and Portis. It's very concievable that if he were to end up in Denver he could be top five. T.J. is so under appreciated.

i think he could concievably finish the season top 5 but i don't see anyone drafting him fifth overall unless there is a strong reason to believe that he is the feature back that will get the goal line carries as well.

its one thing to deal in hypotheticals.....its another to deal in "absolutely never gonna happens".........picking up an offense during training camp, and starting?.....yeah, thats makin' alot of sense.

How hard do you think it is for a veteran RB to go to a strong running team with a great offensive line and blocking scheme to pickup the new offense? It would not be that difficult for TJ, hit the huge holes - yeah that's hard.

Anyone on Denver can practically put up good numbers.

The Question with TJ would be how much would he play?

Bell would certainly still get plenty of looks, and Dayne would also i would guess.

Basically it would likely just be more of a mess.

I'm a Bronco fan....why would we want Jones when we have World Class Speed, Phenomenal handed, gifted superstar, hard working Ron Dayne? :wacko:

Shanny will feature a back who's worthy. See Anderson, Gary, Davis, and Portis. It's very concievable that if he were to end up in Denver he could be top five. T.J. is so under appreciated.

You forgot Droughns....don't forget Droughns...got give a lil shout to Griffin as well...oh I miss the days of Terrell Davis stability at rb!

There is little doubt that this is a dream - I really don't see where these teams have any common ground to work a trade.

The Broncos won't give up a 2, that's almost certainly what it will take to get Thomas Jones before next offseason. And the whole Lelie thing is just very unlikely due to his contract demands.

How hard do you think it is for a veteran RB to go to a strong running team with a great offensive line and blocking scheme to pickup the new offense? It would not be that difficult for TJ, hit the huge holes - yeah that's hard.

get serious already. when it happens, please let me know. Im not doubting the guy's talents....just the realistic possibility of this ever happening.

i think it would put benson top 5. put a RB in the bears system who is actually talented, and he will put up huge numbers. if jones, who has only had 1 good year out of a 6 or 7 year career can put up those numbers, imagine what a good back can do.

any RB can put up 1300 yards with 300+ carries beyond a good o-line and a team that had the lead most of the year. benson is a much tougher runner who only gets stronger as games go on. i would be willing to bet that if you give benson the same situation that jones had last year and give him that many carries, he will put up 1600+ yards and 13+ TD's.

sure jones will be productive if he goes to denver and becomes the feature back, but i feel benson will be the back to jump up the rankings if jones were to leave.

I could actually see this happening. The Bears need another receiving threat. The Broncos need a quality RB. Both have disgruntled incumbants that would improve the other team.

I'd have Jones around 12 or so if this happened.

the better thing to talk about if a situation like this DID happen is the increased value of Cedric Benson... just adds one more clear cut starter to the list of backs to draft this year

I got nothing to add, but I would love for it to happen....I'd be keeping T. Jones in a two player auction style keeper league, salary cap of 120....T. Jones would only cost me three bucks to keep him. :thumbsdown: :lol: :bench:

F SHANAHAN and his Big headed EGO... he won't bring in T Jones

I'm sure Shanahan thinks just as highly of you. I am sick of everyone on every fantasy football site bashing Shanahan because he coaches to win NFL games and doesn't cater to the selfish fantasy football players. He is one of the top NFL coaches. Cowher is the only active coach that has been with the same team longer than Shanny. Shanny will play the RB that he feels gives the Broncos the best chance to win at that time. He doesn't give a crap about your or my fantasy team. Get over it. Sorry to just pick on you, but this goes out to all the people who bash Shanny because of fantasy. He is one fine NFL coach!

God Bless Mike Shanahan!!!!!!

I'm sure Shanahan thinks just as highly of you. I am sick of everyone on every fantasy football site bashing Shanahan because he coaches to win NFL games and doesn't cater to the selfish fantasy football players. He is one of the top NFL coaches. Cowher is the only active coach that has been with the same team longer than Shanny. Shanny will play the RB that he feels gives the Broncos the best chance to win at that time. He doesn't give a crap about your or my fantasy team. Get over it. Sorry to just pick on you, but this goes out to all the people who bash Shanny because of fantasy. He is one fine NFL coach!

God Bless Mike Shanahan!!!!!!

this is the kindof BS that should get someone banned!

I could actually see this happening. The Bears need another receiving threat. The Broncos need a quality RB. Both have disgruntled incumbants that would improve the other team.

I'd have Jones around 12 or so if this happened.

Just what the Bears are looking for, another wide receiver that drops a lot of passes. He would look great lined up opposite the WR with the 2nd most drops in the NFL last season.

no offense to the original poster but i think it's funny how people always try to link different rb's to the broncos. Another rb who's available is Michael Bennett, wut if he wuz a bronco... :mad: . Instead of the bronco's, how about a team that could use a running back right now...What if thomas jones wuz traded to the texans? :(

no offense to the original poster but i think it's funny how people always try to link different rb's to the broncos. Another rb who's available is Michael Bennett, wut if he wuz a bronco... :thumbsdown: . Instead of the bronco's, how about a team that could use a running back right now...What if thomas jones wuz traded to the texans? :ninja:

What happened to Dom Davis?

Degenerative knee condition. :rolleyes:

His knee swells up walking onto the practice field...

Degenerative knee condition. :P

:lol:

to think I started the whole Ahman Green Degenerative Knee condition talk 4 years ago and its still going strong ! :clap:

:lol: :ninja:

i think it would put benson top 5. put a RB in the bears system who is actually talented, and he will put up huge numbers. if jones, who has only had 1 good year out of a 6 or 7 year career can put up those numbers, imagine what a good back can do.

any RB can put up 1300 yards with 300+ carries beyond a good o-line and a team that had the lead most of the year. benson is a much tougher runner who only gets stronger as games go on. i would be willing to bet that if you give benson the same situation that jones had last year and give him that many carries, he will put up 1600+ yards and 13+ TD's.

sure jones will be productive if he goes to denver and becomes the feature back, but i feel benson will be the back to jump up the rankings if jones were to leave.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I need to see more of. Some good comedy. Thanks for making my work day just that little bit easier to take.

;)

to think I started the whole Ahman Green Degenerative Knee condition talk 4 years ago and its still going strong ! :clap:

:rolleyes: :ninja:

Was it that long ago. It seems just like 5,000 yards ago.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I need to see more of. Some good comedy. Thanks for making my work day just that little bit easier to take.

what exactly is so funny about?

I would be scared to take him because he hasn't proved too much only 1 good year.....

but Id say he go around the turn....and could possible put up 1500 and 11...but it would be risky to pick him in the top 7 or 8 and would be a steal to get him as your #2 RB...

what exactly is so funny about?

Cedric Benson has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deserve a TOP 5 ranking in ANY hypothetical scenario. His rookie year was highlighted by a lengthy holdout and 7 games missed due to injury.

Benson, the "much tougher runner" tallied 3 carries for -5 yards inside the 10 last year. His 272 yards on 67 even fell short of Adrian Peterson's 391 on 76.

TJ was literally the ONLY weapon the Bears had last year; and the fact that he put up the stats he did can't be dismissed because of his O-Line or gameplan.

The idea behind this thread was: what if a strong runner on a terrible offense was moved into a system that has turned every back it has employed into a horse... not what if the third best back in Chicago got to start because he had a contract that was too big and the starter was traded away.

yea this is something to laugh at....

Cedric Benson has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deserve a TOP 5 ranking in ANY hypothetical scenario. His rookie year was highlighted by a lengthy holdout and 7 games missed due to injury.

Benson, the "much tougher runner" tallied 3 carries for -5 yards inside the 10 last year. His 272 yards on 67 even fell short of Adrian Peterson's 391 on 76.

TJ was literally the ONLY weapon the Bears had last year; and the fact that he put up the stats he did can't be dismissed because of his O-Line or gameplan.

The idea behind this thread was: what if a strong runner on a terrible offense was moved into a system that has turned every back it has employed into a horse... not what if the third best back in Chicago got to start because he had a contract that was too big and the starter was traded away.

when you say he has done "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" its not as if he has been around for a number of years, this is his 2nd year. talk about doing absolutely nothing, that would be thomas jones for the first 5 years of his career. before last year, the dude had a 3.8 yards per carry. your right, his holdout did cost him starting last year, if he wouldnt have held out, id be willing to bet he would have been the starter and put up the numbers i spoke of earlier. as far as his injury, did you see the thing? any other back would have tore something, and made it a much more serious injury, the way he came back from that injury, i would say he is going to be a pretty durable back in this league.

its your opinion to whether you think he's a tough runner or not, but thats pretty acinine to say that he's not a tough runner based on 3 carries. and the reason peterson had the numbers he did, is because benson was out those 7 games.

i honestly think you can throw out stats because of a system or gameplan. look at travis henry with the bills a couple years back, he put 1300+, and he's done nothing since.

when you say he has done "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" its not as if he has been around for a number of years, this is his 2nd year. talk about doing absolutely nothing, that would be thomas jones for the first 5 years of his career. before last year, the dude had a 3.8 yards per carry. your right, his holdout did cost him starting last year, if he wouldnt have held out, id be willing to bet he would have been the starter and put up the numbers i spoke of earlier. as far as his injury, did you see the thing? any other back would have tore something, and made it a much more serious injury, the way he came back from that injury, i would say he is going to be a pretty durable back in this league.

its your opinion to whether you think he's a tough runner or not, but thats pretty acinine to say that he's not a tough runner based on 3 carries. and the reason peterson had the numbers he did, is because benson was out those 7 games.

i honestly think you can throw out stats because of a system or gameplan. look at travis henry with the bills a couple years back, he put 1300+, and he's done nothing since.

You from Jamestown?.....I'm from Salamanca (the little Reservation half hour East of Jamestown)

nice to see a Western New Yorker on the board...

Here's the thing: 1 year isn't enough for me to tell you that he hasn't done anything... but it IS enough for you to tell me that he's a top 5 back if TJ is traded?

I'll give you that 3 carries is no indicator of a back's ability inside the 10. I do however think that it's telling that his numbers don't compare favorably w/ the other backup who played a similar role in the offense.

I did see the injury -- but I'm not qualified to speak to how other players would have responded. He and Byron Leftwitch do share a place in my heart though, for somehow surviving grizzly injuries that looked like they'd cause more damage than they did.

You from Jamestown?.....I'm from Salamanca (the little Reservation half hour East of Jamestown)

nice to see a Western New Yorker on the board...

yeah im from jamestown. oh, i think every gambler knows where salamanca is. lol

yeah im from jamestown. oh, i think every gambler knows where salamanca is. lol

:lol:

good point.