Sign in to follow this  
Franknbeans

Rockstar: Supernova

Dilana seems like the only genuine contestant. The others all seem so phony. The obligatory stage dives, the rolling around on stage, etc. It's all so forced, and ghey. It's painful for me to watch some of these people.

All the guys look like they are taking a crap when they sing to show 'emotion'. None of them are the bad-ass lead rock singer type.

MAKE them all sing either Man in a Box, Jesus Christ Pose or Blackened. See which of them make the House Band look like 1) A real focking rock band or 2) A buch of High School wanabees.

Done and done.

All the guys look like they are taking a crap when they sing to show 'emotion'. None of them are the bad-ass lead rock singer type.

MAKE them all sing either Man in a Box, Jesus Christ Pose or Blackened. See which of them make the House Band look like 1) A real focking rock band or 2) A buch of High School wanabees.

Done and done.

the House Band is a real focking rock band. Too bad they're stuck with these posers trying to front them.

My favorite three performances of the night:

1) Storm Large

2) Magni

3) Patrice

Bottom Two:

2) Delahna

1) Zayra - why is she still on this show?

I tried to watch this show. I tried even harder to like it.

Neither happened. :banana:

My favorite three performances of the night:

1) Storm Large

2) Magni

3) Patrice

Bottom Two:

2) Delahna

1) Zayra - why is she still on this show?

See, I just don't get Storm she's too "Love me Daddy". Tries to out rockstar the rockstars. I ranked them last night as

1) Magni

2) Lukas

3) Dilana

4) Patrice

5) Josh or Toby

The final 3 will be Magni, Delana, and Ryan. The rest are window dressing.

See, I just don't get Storm she's too "Love me Daddy". Tries to out rockstar the rockstars. I ranked them last night as

1) Magni

2) Lukas

3) Dilana

4) Patrice

5) Josh or Toby

Why the love for Dilana? Is it because she "looks the part" of Tommy's sidekick? I thought she butchered that song last night; the only good part was when Gilby sang harmony with her and that was him covering her up! I also hated Lukas' version of Creep, almost as much as Ryan's version of "Black". Ughh...

You may dislike Storm's stage antics, but can you deny that she "killed" a difficult Queen song? I still think Magni's the eventual winner, but Storm's a tremendous talent. I just don't understand the disdain for Patrice and can't comprehend why Zayra's still on the show. She's got to be the one to go tonight...

A lot of love for Storm. I don't know if she's a good singer or not. I can't stand to watch her. Not sure why. She's attractive enough. She's just got a look about her that I don't like. Slutty and unintelligent is the impression I get, I guess. :thumbsup:

Why the love for Dilana? Is it because she "looks the part" of Tommy's sidekick? I thought she butchered that song last night; the only good part was when Gilby sang harmony with her and that was him covering her up! I also hated Lukas' version of Creep, almost as much as Ryan's version of "Black". Ughh...

You may dislike Storm's stage antics, but can you deny that she "killed" a difficult Queen song? I still think Magni's the eventual winner, but Storm's a tremendous talent. I just don't understand the disdain for Patrice and can't comprehend why Zayra's still on the show. She's got to be the one to go tonight...

I wasn't enamored with Dilana's singing last night but she did rock that song pretty well. Compared to the others I thought her rendition was better is all. I agree that Ryan's version of Paint it Black was like what the F? I thought that sucked large donkey balls. Zayra's been kept around for her looks and psychotic personality is all I can figure. She absolutley can't sing or arrange a song to save her mighty fine ass. I disagree with Lukas obviously but mainly because he finally sang instead of that gravely mumbled style he had been doing before this. I think Patrice actually is the best singer among the females but she is perceived as not being a rocker. I don't think she was deserving of her past bottom 3 finishes.

I thought Dilana had an off-night but the band clearly loves her. Magni had the best performance of the night. Either Jill or Zayra goes home tonight.

Josh and Jill getting the axe. Good calls. Josh should have killed that STP song and he didn't. The way he overmouthed that song last night sealed his fate. As for Dilana, here's a video of her in her younger days. She couldn't write lyrics then either.

I think Patrice actually is the best singer among the females but she is perceived as not being a rocker. I don't think she was deserving of her past bottom 3 finishes.

She is a rocker, may not be hardcore/dark enough, but doesn't come off as some freak sideshow poser. I was looking at her bio, and she seems the most professional of them all, but again she doesn't come off as wild enough so being a true musician doesn't matter.

The boys in the band praise her a lot nearly every week, when she did that Radiohead song a few weeks back, it blew me and them away. The problem is it's that TLee ass kisser Dave Navarro who doesn't like her at all, and that loser isn't even in the band, he gets the 1st jab in and stupid voters listen to him over the 3 takes that matter.

She is a rocker, may not be hardcore/dark enough, but doesn't come off as some freak sideshow poser. I was looking at her bio, and she seems the most professional of them all, but again she doesn't come off as wild enough so being a true musician doesn't matter.

The boys in the band praise her a lot nearly every week, when she did that Radiohead song a few weeks back, it blew me and them away. The problem is it's that TLee ass kisser Dave Navarro who doesn't like her at all, and that loser isn't even in the band, he gets the 1st jab in and stupid voters listen to him over the 3 takes that matter.

The only reason I am watching is because of Patrice. I have seen her live with her group Sister 7 about 20 times in Austin. She rocks, better live than on the show, I am biased, obviously. So it is hard for me to be objective. I am glad you guys are giving her some props.

A spoiler in the next paragraph.

Did it say in her bio that she is a lesbo? My ex-girlfriend saw Patrice on a plane and told her how she dug her music, Patrice's girlfriend sitting next to told my girlfriend to sit her sorry sorority butt down somewhere else, Patrice laughed and said thanks and apologized.

I like Dalana, I think she fits with those guys, but I would be surprised if they don't take Lucas.

Supernova is going to suck. Is there any doubt about this?

None whatsoever. Three guys that look like they all got hit by a bus fronted by a young chippy or some young dude who will get booted within a month of the show ending.

Magni? Nice name, dork. :cry:

Liked that they finally got the sack to tell Storm she sucked. And Zayra has to go, ASAP. Her ass shouldn't carry her any more.

Liked that they finally got the sack to tell Storm she sucked. And Zayra has to go, ASAP. Her ass shouldn't carry her any more.

Storm did suck.

And HOW has Zayra not gone yet?? (don't answer that)

Dilana is my pick. Lucas creeps me out in a Michael-Jackson-I-can't-watch-him sort of way.

Dilana is the best choice, very Stevie Nicksish. I like it.

Toby is alright, too clean.

Lucas is a dweeb.

Patrice doesn't fit.

The rest. :mad:

Storm did suck.

And HOW has Zayra not gone yet?? (don't answer that)

Dilana is my pick. Lucas creeps me out in a Michael-Jackson-I-can't-watch-him sort of way.

Storm should have been in the bottom 3 last night. I don't understand how they selected Magni. Z is thankfully gone.

I always wind up catching the end of the show, so I still have no opinion of the makeup guy.

The aussie guy is way to 'boy band'. He doesn't fit with these guys.

The guy that sang 'In the Air Tonight' just plain can't sing well. I don't know 1) how he made it on the show 2) how he is still on the show or 3) how the (*#^$( they said he was the BEST and had him do the crappy encore of the crappy version he did previously.

Which one is the gay looking dude with the eye make up?

He has "I am going to be a single artist because these guys dont understand me" written all over him. He all ready thinks he is a super star.

He is perfect for this mish mash band of has beens.

Storm should have been in the bottom 3 last night. I don't understand how they selected Magni. Z is thankfully gone.

You're crazy. Storm was at her best that night. She sings better than any of the females, and has far more stage presence than any of the males. And what a rack!

Magni didn't deserve to go, but his performance sucked ass. What a coedine version of Starman.

Guest Black Label Society

Post Padding (nothing intelligent to offer) :banana:

You're crazy. Storm was at her best that night. She sings better than any of the females, and has far more stage presence than any of the males. And what a rack!

Magni didn't deserve to go, but his performance sucked ass. What a coedine version of Starman.

you should sing "Blinded by the Rack"

I'm in agreement with TJ for possibly the first time on any issue! I thought Storm's version was better than the original and have no idea what criteria you guys are using to say she "sucked". Oh wait, it's the same people who like Lukas! :thumbsdown: She won't end up fronting Supernova but I think we'll be hearing her on the radio soon.

Wow, Dilana really needs to handle the press better. Being a front runner, she certainly didn't need to trash everyone. Good for you and TJ. I think you're right that Storm will do well, just not with this band. She's too over the top. I have it narrowed down to dilana, toby and ryan. Magni's out soon and Storm will follow shortly thereafter.

Wow, Dilana really needs to handle the press better. Being a front runner, she certainly didn't need to trash everyone. Good for you and TJ. I think you're right that Storm will do well, just not with this band. She's too over the top. I have it narrowed down to dilana, toby and ryan. Magni's out soon and Storm will follow shortly thereafter.

Agreed, except trade Magni for Toby in your final 3. Did you see the look on the bands' faces when Magni sang Fire? They like him, and for good reason. Although I thought that was maybe Toby's best performance last night.

Patrice was the right choice; good musician but wrong sound, kinda country and not powerful enough for a rock band. Storm is next on the block.

I have never watched this show.

I saw the first episode and the last minute of the final show, so I know who won....nothing in between.

Anyway, two of "their" songs are posted here.

The dude that won is the worst singer on the show. He is entirely unwatchable. Not to mention, he looks like he's trying way too hard with his look. I will not watch the next version of this show, and after the outcome, I am sorry that I watched this one. :unsure:

The dude that won is the worst singer on the show. He is entirely unwatchable. Not to mention, he looks like he's trying way too hard with his look. I will not watch the next version of this show, and after the outcome, I am sorry that I watched this one. :pointstosky:

Could not agree more - the song that they performed first after he was named the winner was entirely unlistenable. It was that bad.

This guy has no range, talks his way through songs, (when he is not garbling lyrics) and tries entirely too hard with the appearance.

I was watching Tommy Lee as he was playing the drums, and he had this smile and look of awe in his face - surely he has endured some sort of brain damage over the years to think that this kid is good. I am not seeing it.

They will record the one obligatory album and then drop him like a hot potato and hire that ego-maniac Sebastian Bach. That album I would like to see.

That said, Tommy is one hell of a drummer. Saw him numerous times - I loved the kit that was in the rack and spum upside down as he played. They (Motley Crue) used it in the Wild Side video I think. To see it live was just unreal.

But this band will go "**POOF** in a matter of 6-8 months - or until the contract everyone signed..

I loved the kit that was in the rack and spum upside down as he played. They (Motley Crue) used it in the Wild Side video I think. To see it live was just unreal.

I was at the concert that they filmed that video... Alpine Valley, WI - just outside of Chicago. The threw an orb-like thing into the audience with a video camera in it. They used some of that footage in the video. Very cool concert.

ETA- the doudhe bag SN picked was the worst possible selection. Wouldn't spend a dime to hear or see them.

I agree with everyone here. But my wife lurks at the SN chat site, and most of the people there thought Lukas would/should win. Go figure. :pointstosky:

I thought Toby was a lock. Good looking, single, attracts women for Tommy. :first:

I guess im in the minority since that turd won, but I wont buy their cd, go to the concert...support them in any way..I am just hoping that they share the same success that inxs did after the last show...none!..does anyone know whos doing it next, I think Fuel would be a good choice since that idiot from Idol thinks hes to good for them

Hmm. I guess I don't have a future as a music critic. I thought Lukus was fantastic. :dunno: