Sign in to follow this  
Korben Dallas

Plame suing Cheney, Rove, and Libby

Whatever your politics, I think this episode is one of the lamest/most petty events in modern american politics.

1. Plame's husband writes an article saying that the "yellow cake" story is BS. (which it was)

2. White House gets mad and "outs" an active CIA officer - his wife.

- What kind of petty shiot is that?

Plus, when you "out" an active agent, who knows how much damage was done. Every one of her contacts is immediately put in danger b/c of some petty retributive act.

We're supposed to be better than this.

Rove has been indicted

Old news!

:banana:

Good, because I was just thinking we need to argue more about who is right and wrong in this case, and get nowhere as usual.

Whatever your politics, I think this episode is one of the lamest/most petty events in modern american politics.

1. Plame's husband writes an article saying that the "yellow cake" story is BS. (which it was)

Plus, when you "out" an active agent, who knows how much damage was done. Every one of her contacts is immediately put in danger b/c of some petty retributive act.

We're not.

You prolly couldn't have gotten more facts wrong in this post if you had tried. :thumbsup:

You prolly couldn't have gotten more facts wrong in this post if you had tried. :banana:

Let the games begin.... :thumbsup:

People don't really give a fock about this non-story.

When are you liberals going to figure that out??

gocolts: "Liberals aren't people."

:shocking:

You prolly couldn't have gotten more facts wrong in this post if you had tried. :ninja:

Dittoheads version:

1. The ACLU sent Joe Wilson, a child molester and Communist Sympathiser, to Niger to investigate claims that Saddam tried to obtain yellow cake. While there, Wilson slept with several underage boys. It was at this time that he also lobbied the U.N. to ban all firearms in the Central Plains of the U.S.

2. VP Cheney was so concerned for our countries well being and the well being of Wilson's wife, he asked Robert Novak to write a colomn about Joe's escapades. By the way, Plame was not a CIA operative. She was running an illegal abortion clinic/stem cell research center on the U.S./Mexico border.

i'm shocked plame hasn't died in some sort of car crash or something yet.

I think Gocolts is right. I mean who in this country really cares that the divisional head of the CIA in charge of Iranian Nuclear Proliferation was outed, had her career ruined and the shell companies and contacts put into jeopardy. Its not like Iran is a nuclear threat!

Jeez, stinking liberal whiners.

You prolly couldn't have gotten more facts wrong in this post if you had tried. :ninja:

Seriously, feel free to educate me then. I think we know a few things w/o contention, right?:

1) Novak - who was the instrument to leak Plame's identity - has confirmed that Rove revealed Plame's identity to him. He has yet to name his other source, but has identified both Rove and the unnamed guy as "senior administration officials".

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- White House political adviser Karl Rove was one of Robert Novak's sources for the 2003 disclosure of a CIA operative's identity, the syndicated columnist wrote Tuesday.

2) Novak's column was published 8 days after Wilson (her husband) openly questioned whether the Bush administration was hyping/twisting intelligence to justify the war.

3) The White House originally denied Rove was involved.

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan reiterated that it was "totally ridiculous" to think Rove leaked Plame's name to the media. "I've made it very clear that he (Rove) was not involved, that there's no truth to the suggestion that he was," McClellan said.

So, what am I missing here? Not trying to debate. The news (even Fox) seems to take these things as facts. What do you know that they don't?

Seriously, feel free to educate me then. I think we know a few things w/o contention, right?:

1) Novak - who was the instrument to leak Plame's identity - has confirmed that Rove revealed Plame's identity to him. He has yet to name his other source, but has identified both Rove and the unnamed guy as "senior administration officials".

2) Novak's column was published 8 days after Wilson (her husband) openly questioned whether the Bush administration was hyping/twisting intelligence to justify the war.

3) The White House originally denied Rove was involved.

So, what am I missing here? Not trying to debate. The news (even Fox) seems to take these things as facts. What do you know that they don't?

The original "leaker" was not Rove, it was most likely Richard Armitage, who would be about the last person in the administration to participate in some planned neocon hatchet job. According to Novak, the initial source says that the disclosure was inadvertant, and he had no idea that she was covert.

The original "leaker" was not Rove, it was most likely Richard Armitage, who would be about the last person in the administration to participate in some planned neocon hatchet job. According to Novak, the initial source says that the disclosure was inadvertant, and he had no idea that she was covert.

Okay, but:

1) Armitage is still part of the administration. The "who was the first and who just confirmed it" seems like a red herring. and:

1a) Why do you say he's "one of the last to participate in a neocon hatchet job?" He's one of the original neocons who was part of PNAC signed the infamous PNAC doctrinie - calling for the invasion of Iraq as a means to American dominance in the new century?

1b) All the documents that Libby asked for revealed Plame's name clearly indicate that her identity is (S) (CIA designation) secret. - How could someone NOT know she was covert? - seems unlikely. BUT even accepting that...

2) Rove confirmed it. Shouldn't he have said "no comment" if something this sensitive accidentally slipped out from a cohort in the administration?

3) Why would the Admin lie about Rove not being "remotely involved" when Rove confirmed the identity to Novak??

I mean, I can definitely (sort of) buy off on one guy making a mistake. - Though it's a pretty bizarre coincidence that the ONE agent the administration "outs" is the wife of their critic. But that still leaves "two senior administration officials" (Rove and someone else) who confirmed it - on purpose.

Then denied that they had anything to do with it. - :wub:

I'm willing to give the BOD to this administration on a lot of things, but you pretty much have to suspend disbelief to think this is all just an accident, dontcha?

I think Gocolts is right. I mean who in this country really cares that the divisional head of the CIA in charge of Iranian Nuclear Proliferation was outed, had her career ruined and the shell companies and contacts put into jeopardy. Its not like Iran is a nuclear threat!

Jeez, stinking liberal whiners.

Are we supposed to care??

Fock,Clinton sold our Nuke secrets to China.But this is supposed to be worse??WTF??So what is the big deal.

Plus,this biatch was not very "Covert" in her actions.Going to all the big parties and all. :wub:

Fock,Clinton sold our Nuke secrets to China.But this is supposed to be worse??WTF??So what is the big deal.

Plus,this biatch was not very "Covert" in her actions.Going to all the big parties and all. :lol:

Why would we care Gocolts

Not when we can bring Clinton into the conversation as a Non Sequiter and make some ficticious argument about China that somehow validates this current event as not being shady.

And especially since you know so much more than the CIA about covert status. Who is the justice department and the CIA to question your knowledge of the command and control structure. They should just stfu and realize that if a station head goes out to eat, the political wing of government should be able to just kill her.

Good thinking! I'm with you

Why would we care Gocolts

Not when we can bring Clinton into the conversation as a Non Sequiter and make some ficticious argument about China that somehow validates this current event as not being shady.

And especially since you know so much more than the CIA about covert status. Who is the justice department and the CIA to question your knowledge of the command and control structure. They should just stfu and realize that if a station head goes out to eat, the political wing of government should be able to just kill her.

Good thinking! I'm with you

So now I am beneath you.You are better than me,and everyone on this forum.

My appolgies,Mr. Iam Above Everyoneelse.

:runningwithtailtuckedbetweenlegs:

Plus,this biatch was not very "Covert" in her actions.Going to all the big parties and all. :shocking:

Bill's still hasn't answered any of your love letters, eh?

I think it's time to move on from your mancrush, gocolts.

HTH

Uh-huh

You prolly couldn't have gotten more facts wrong in this post if you had tried. :shocking:

Damn, I was sure you guys would believe everything he said, what with his name being so close to our super source curveball!

ETA: And it just gets worse the more I try to learn:

November 16, 2005 Washington Post Assistant Managing Editor Bob Woodward testifies before Fitzgerald that a senior White House official told him about Valerie Plame and her role in the CIA nearly a month before her identity was disclosed. ( Woodward Was Told of Plame Nearly Two Years Ago , The Washington Post. 16 November 2005.)

-So now we have two different news sources both being told about Plame's identity. They can't BOTH be accidents can they?