Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Seattle Locals

Hey guys, my company is sending me there for a meeting and I have about 5 hours between my arrival time and the meeting time.

I was wondering if you could recommend me something to do.

Thanks a lot!

I recommend you find a croquet mallet and shove it up your crapper
jesus christ i found that funny. wtf is wrong with me?

jesus christ i found that funny. wtf is wrong with me?

Definitely something, because it wasn't even remotely close to being funny.

Somewhere, somehow, there's got to be a dog that needs hitting with a rake. Off you go!

that's the thing, i was subconsciously aware of it's unfunnyness, but i LOLed when i first read it.

i think i need a vacation.

Since you've only got 5 hours, I'd probably hit the Seattle Center and go to the top of the space needle, maybe EMP, and spend some time at the Pike Place Market. Might as well do the famous stuff.

Hmm, any good places to eat around pike place market? i love good seafood.

That IS the fish place right?

Hmm, any good places to eat around pike place market? i love good seafood.

That IS the fish place right?

When I was there in September, we walked from the market to McCormick and Schmick's on Fourth. It was outstanding, and I recommend the Sturgeon if they have it on the menu when you're there (they print a new menu every day with that day's fresh fish selections).

:o

When I was there in September, we walked from the market to McCormick and Schmick's on Fourth. It was outstanding, and I recommend the Sturgeon if they have it on the menu when you're there (they print a new menu every day with that day's fresh fish selections).

:o

FYI, I'm sure it's good, but it's a chain. When in Rome - eat locally at someplace you won't find back home.

FYI, I'm sure it's good, but it's a chain. When in Rome - eat locally at someplace you won't find back home.

I'm just hoping to find some nice hole-in-the-wall seafood place.

this is true, I think there are 3 or 4 of them around the west. I abide by that rule when travelling. I forgot that is was a chain, but there aren't any near me so I really enjoyed it. There are many, many seafood restaurants near the market.

So let me get this straight. They are flying you in - you have 5 hours, then a meeting, then you are flying out???? :lol:

Why not eat at the space needle?

So let me get this straight. They are flying you in - you have 5 hours, then a meeting, then you are flying out???? :lol:

Why not eat at the space needle?

No, I'm staying there from August 1st - 3rd. But looking at the agenda, the only time I will be able to do anything is August 1st in the afternoon. The rest of the time are already filled by meetings, group dinners, blah blah blah.

No, I'm staying there from August 1st - 3rd. But looking at the agenda, the only time I will be able to do anything is August 1st in the afternoon. The rest of the time are already filled by meetings, group dinners, blah blah blah.

Ah - got it. Too bad, considering you're in town, I would have liked to hook up with yah! :lol:

And no people, not THAT way. :banana:

Go to the Pike Place Market, everything you would want/need is within walking distance. from t*ty bars to shopping. A good place to eat is the Metropolian Grill.

don't go to that park that's by pike place. I went there one time and this crazy guy came up to us and kept making dumb ass statements about seattle and said he was a good ambassador for the city and I should pay him for his ambassador services. I said if he left I wouldn't kick his ass. unfortunately he left and so I didn't do any ass-whooping so I had a bad day that day.

the best thing to do is... you know what... the traffic sucks there, especially on 5, and the roads are all bumpy and so you can just spend your 5 hours driving to downtown, then driving back to whereever you need to go!