Sign in to follow this  
FranksTanks

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

…and it was the best Will Ferrell movie I've ever seen! :banana:

If you have seen the previews over and over like I had, the movie will start a bit slow because it feels like an extension of the previews from scene to scene. Most of the jokes from the previews were probably out takes and cut from the movie, so there are plenty of new jokes to keep it fresh. I really got the sense that they just let Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly add lib and take control. It paid off, and the movie wouldn’t have worked without either one of those guys. Oh, and if you have seen any of Will Ferrell’s White House West clips on the internets when he does his George Bush impersonations and you thought those were funny, then you’ll love this character.

I highly recommend it, but you have to be warned it is a very dumb movie, but very funny! :banana:

Oh, and see it before your nephews and teenagers start quoting it and ruining everything that is good about it. :banana:

Oh, and see it before your nephews and teenagers start quoting it and ruining everything that is good about it.

I'm hosting my teenaged nephews for a sleep over this weekend. This film is the first item on our agenda :blink:

I'm hosting my teenaged nephews for a sleep over this weekend. This film is the first item on our agenda :(

Address?

So far, I've laughed harder at the concept of a 'spoiler' in a Will Ferrell movie than I have at any of the promos.

I'm hosting my teenaged nephews for a sleep over this weekend. This film is the first item on our agenda :thumbsdown:

so, people are entrusting thier teenage sons to a guy who would go t o a FF site and get the screenname "dongholster" :banana:

so, people are entrusting thier teenage sons to a guy who would go t o a FF site and get the screenname "dongholster" :thumbsdown:

:banana:

So far, I've laughed harder at the concept of a 'spoiler' in a Will Ferrell movie than I have at any of the promos.

So you have a really bad sense of humor? That's good to know.

Hubby and I plan to see this on Friday, glad to hear that it's funny. We both like Will Ferrell.

So you have a really bad sense of humor? That's good to know.

Just more of an appreciation of the absurd (ie a 'spoiler' in a teen comedy), as opposed to Ferrell running around in his underwear/naked yet again.

Never said I didn't laugh at all at the trailers. Just that the idea of protecting the plot twists in a Ferrell movie was even funnier.

Just more of an appreciation of the absurd (ie a 'spoiler' in a teen comedy), as opposed to Ferrell running around in his underwear/naked yet again.

Never said I didn't laugh at all at the trailers. Just that the idea of protecting the plot twists in a Ferrell movie was even funnier.

There are a few twists that are better not told. Even though its a dumb movie, I thought people would appreciate me not telling every joke and twist regardless of how improtant they are. Damn, thought I was just being nice. :banana:

I know it's the same director as Anchorman, which I found hilarious.

Is it as funny as Anchorman?

My family like Will Ferrell.

After that geek conference call, I assumed English was you first language. You have no discernable accent :banana:

My family like Will Ferrell. is this okay for pre-teens? nothing worse than what was in Anchorman or anything like that, right?

The language is a little worse, especially from his kids, but I think it would be ok though.

I know it's the same director as Anchorman, which I found hilarious.

Is it as funny as Anchorman?

I laughed more at Anchorman and finally enjoyed it after the second time I saw it. This one I liked plenty the first, so I would say that it was much better.

eta:----that doesn't make any sense... Ricky Bobby>Anchorman.

Is it yours? :(

I guess that's supposed to be funny? Just because I made a typo in post where I was pointing out someone else's typo? Real funny :thumbsup:

There are a few twists that are better not told. Even though its a dumb movie, I thought people would appreciate me not telling every joke and twist regardless of how improtant they are. Damn, thought I was just being nice. :thumbsup:

I have no doubt that you are a kind and decent person. :thumbsup:

I might see this. Your review sounds promising. I'm just generally not that big of a fan of John C Reilly. Oddly enough he's in my favorite movie (State of Grace) and I like Boogie Nights, The Thin Red Line, etc. I think the difference is he isn't a "main character" in any of those.

I might see this. Your review sounds promising. I'm just generally not that big of a fan of John C Reilly. Oddly enough he's in my favorite movie (State of Grace) and I like Boogie Nights, The Thin Red Line, etc. I think the difference is he isn't a "main character" in any of those.

Really? He's never really bothered me, but in this movie I thought he did really well. Or he plays a good redneck at least.

Really? He's never really bothered me, but in this movie I thought he did really well. Or he plays a good redneck at least.

he was good in chicago :ninja:

What a delightul and farcical romp this film was! I accompanied my two adolescent nephews to the film and by the end, we were all sore as a result of the non-stop barrage of side-splitting gags.

An unexpected bonus was the thoughtful and compassionate depiction of the film's antagonist's homosexuality. While it served as a source of many of the film's jokes, it did so unoffensively.

Two big thumbs up, way up!!!!!! :doublethumbsup: :banana:

My family like Will Ferrell. is this okay for pre-teens? nothing worse than what was in Anchorman or anything like that, right?

The only objectionable content IMO, was the graphic depiction of a woman in throes of orgasm.

Oh, and if you have seen any of Will Ferrell’s White House West clips on the internets when he does his George Bush impersonations and you thought those were funny, then you’ll love this character.

:doublethumbsup: :banana: :shocking:

Saw it yesterday. Very funny. Anchorman on wheels. Although, I think Anchorman made me laugh a bit more but well worth seeing. "Shake and Bake"

John C Reilly basically replays his Chest Rockwell character from Boogie Nights (and very well).

Its hilarious.

Gary Cole (Reese Bobby) is funnier in this than he was as Cotton McKnight in DodgeBall.

He actually outshines Ferrell in many scenes.

Restores a shred of my hope for the human race that 'Miami Vice' couldn't outdraw 'Barnyard', or even 'Pirates' in it's 347th week of release.