Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Wrecking Balm

Wrecking Balm

Link where they talk about it

So I'm listening to my Sirius radio today at work. An advertisement for this product called Wrecking Balm comes on.

Tattoo fade/removal cream. I've a tat on my right shoulder. It's semi-big and still looks good. While I don't hate it, I got it a few years ago and I'd rather have something a bit more personal rather than the one I have.

I called the number and talked with the chick.

Price:

149.99 per treatment container..... each container is like a 3 month use that will cover about the size of your palm.

She said it would COMPLETELY remove the tattoo... so it looks like fresh skin , but I could take up to about 3 treatments.

They of course have a special... 1 treatment size =150...... 2 treatment size=250... and it's a buy 2 get one free... so roughly.. 3 treatment sizes for 250. Sirius Satellite deal or whatever.

They have a 60 day money back guarentee - shipping/handling of course.

The way the chick described, it's mainly a chemical skin peal with abrasion pad a bit after.

Anyone heard of this Wrecking Balm stuff and if it really works? :ninja:

Hmmm... sounds fishy to me. The tattoo ink goes pretty deep. I would think that removing that much skin woudl be exposing muscle tissue, no?

you should just invest in some glycolic acid...or find out whatever the active chemical ingredient is. then buy it elsewhere (anywhere) cheaper.

' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:10 PM' post='2557099']

you should just invest in some glycolic acid...or find out whatever the active chemical ingredient is. then buy it elsewhere (anywhere) cheaper.

and remember to wash your hands after using, especially before going to the bathroom

Turlington's Lower Back Tatoo Remover

link

:thumbsdown:

yeah uhhh, how often do you apply it cause it sounds like you are just burning yer ski away :rolleyes:

Do not wrap or cover your tattoo with an ace bandage or plastic wrap after using the medicated diffusing cream to increase concentration and speed up fading of tattoo. This could cause burning and thinning of the skin.

I'm assuming that's why it takes so long. You have to go slowly enough that your body replaces the skin cells that your taking away. Otherwise you thin your skin out to much.

' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:10 PM' post='2557099']

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's one of the two active ingredients. The other is uhhmm... some sort of stuff that's supposed to bond with the ink and draw it out.

Its a scam. They give you 60 days to get your money back but the "treatment" will take longer than the 60 days. Thus the 3 month supply. By the time you find out that you just got ripped off your money back guarentee is gone.

Its a scam. They give you 60 days to get your money back but the "treatment" will take longer than the 60 days. Thus the 3 month supply. By the time you find out that you just got ripped off your money back guarentee is gone.

extended warranty? i cant lose!

I'm assuming that's why it takes so long. You have to go slowly enough that your body replaces the skin cells that your taking away.

If you wait for the skin to grow back, you would just be repeatedly removing the top layer.

I've a tat on my right shoulder. It's semi-big and still looks good. While I don't hate it, I got it a few years ago and I'd rather have something a bit more personal rather than the one I have.

:thumbsdown: Wouldn't it be cheaper and make more sense to just pick out a new spot on your body to get a new tat? Or since you realize you can't live with the first on, just stop doing this to yourself?

The rinse and repeat method just doesn't seem to make sense when it comes to permanent body art.

Good. We're counting on tattoos to help identify the cattle for herding into their pens when The Cleansing begins.

Good. We're counting on tattoos to help identify the cattle for herding into their pens when The Cleansing begins.

As opposed to just herding them based on being republicans.